The Anything Forum
Talk about anything! Even swiss cheese! Or... gasp! Mozarella.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Kino Lala

You are about to make a reply to a forum topic when you notice a small check box above the space where your subject's title is. Next to the check box it says, "Yes, email me when replies are added to this topic." If there is a checkmark right in that little box, then you will get replies when you hit "Post New Topic."

You decide you don't want your Yahoo or Gmail to be filled with replies from a topic you have replied to, because you find it pointless to hear what other people have to say. You move your arrow towards the small box. You click on it, and the checkmark disappears. There, you won't get replies.

Or WILL you?

You submit your reply. Later that day, as you check your email account, you are surprised to see new messages. But what's this? They're not messages; they're replies from the same topic you replied to! Didn't you not want to see others' replies? Did you make sure the checkmark wasn't in the box when you submitted your reply? What the heck!

---

I am sure that this is happening to others. Not only is it happening here, but it is happening on FF.net. I don't know what's going on, and I don't know if I should report this problem to the Admin, because he's getting a lot of email and will not get to my message until much later.

Plus, that godurn preview button won't work now.

7/4/2011 #1
Forum Moderators: Sakka-Fenikkusu Moko Emaki
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member