The Anything Forum
Talk about anything! Even swiss cheese! Or... gasp! Mozarella.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Sakka-Fenikkusu
Jesus Christ! I finally thought I had a record. Hadn't cried for MONTHS. WhoooooOOOOOooooOOOOOOOOooo. Well, delight in my misery. I'm back at it! I'm crying again. And just because of that stupid Harry Potter site.

I hate everything. I hate the world. Someone console me, because I'm stupid and depressed because someone I don't even know disabled their stupid account and it's all my fault and I cried over the morons who I can't help but love.

BLAH BLAH BLERG! WAAAAAH!!!!!

3/7/2007 #1
ScrazyMuffin
Uhh...

*sighs*

Don't worry, dear, I cry all the time.

I'm sure it's not your fault, don't be depressed, there will be others on the Harry Potter site!

3/7/2007 #2
Royal Bliss
Wait.. you cried because someone disabled their account, but you didn't know them? Did they like... die or something?
3/7/2007 #3
Will Sachiksy
someone I don't even know disabled their stupid account and it's all my fault

Only your own actions are ever "all your fault." Unless you were viciously insulting to the person, I doubt you were the main cause of that person disabling their account.

I can sympathize with you being upset, but don't feel like this is all your fault. Don't hate the world for this; everyone (including you...I assume) lives in the world.

3/8/2007 #4
Sakka-Fenikkusu
It IS my fault. I said that their boyfriend was being an ass (because he was).
3/8/2007 #5
Sakka-Fenikkusu
(But not in those words.)

(Double posts are fun.)

3/8/2007 #6
Royal Bliss
They disabled their account over that? Uhh... yeah I think they just made a new account and trashed the old one to make you feel bad. People are addicted to that kind of thing I don't think they'd just quit over that unless they had a backup plan. Or unless they were new still and not yet attached. I wouldn't feel bad.
3/8/2007 #7
Will Sachiksy
It IS my fault. I said that their boyfriend was being an ass (because he was).

If you gave reasons to the person why you thought that, don't think that it's your fault.

You remind me of another person I know. She's always apologizing and always thinks it's her fault. To both of you: IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!

Hope you feel better about all this soon. Otherwise we won't have the bright ray of sunshine (or is is glint of phoenix fire?) that is Sakka-Fenikkusu, and the site will be a little colder for that.

3/8/2007 . Edited 3/8/2007 #8
Sakka-Fenikkusu
They disabled their account over that? Uhh... yeah I think they just made a new account and trashed the old one to make you feel bad. People are addicted to that kind of thing I don't think they'd just quit over that unless they had a backup plan. Or unless they were new still and not yet attached. I wouldn't feel bad.

They're insanely in love. It's really weird.

If you gave reasons to the person why you thought that, don't think that it's your fault.

Sure, I gave reasons.

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!

Okay. Just this once, I'll consider that tiny possibility. :) Thanks, Will (I was under the impression that you really didn't like me).

Hope you feel better about all this soon.

I've mostly gotten over it, in that one, very whiny day. Still stings a tiny bit.

3/8/2007 #9
Charming Dice
Jesus Christ! I finally thought I had a record. Hadn't cried for MONTHS. WhoooooOOOOOooooOOOOOOOOooo. Well, delight in my misery. I'm back at it! I'm crying again. And just because of that stupid Harry Potter site.

I hate everything. I hate the world. Someone console me, because I'm stupid and depressed because someone I don't even know disabled their stupid account and it's all my fault and I cried over the morons who I can't help but love.

BLAH BLAH BLERG! WAAAAAH!!!!!

Hot damn. You really are just a little kid, aren't you? I mean I always knew, but it never really registered until now. You catch feelings at random like my 10 year old niece does. It all makes sense now.

3/9/2007 #10
Sakka-Fenikkusu
*was kind of kidding on the first post*
3/9/2007 #11
Royal Bliss
You sounded kind of serious...
3/9/2007 #12
Sakka-Fenikkusu
Half of it was mere exaggeration.

But since Rab says it sounded serious, it sounded serious. *bangs head against wall*

3/9/2007 #13
Royal Bliss
But since Rab says it sounded serious, it sounded serious. *bangs head against wall*

Uhh... you okay there Champ?

I didn't know if you were kidding, some people cry over that kind of thing plus you made a topic about it so I assumed it was serious...Sorry if I took that wrong.

3/9/2007 #14
Will Sachiksy
(I was under the impression that you really didn't like me).

Don't know why you thought that. Really. I don't dislike anyone on this site (except Daylight Darkness for acting dumbly).

I thought you were being serious about this too. Well, not completely serious. I know (most) exaggeration when I see it.

3/9/2007 #15
Sakka-Fenikkusu
I didn't know if you were kidding, some people cry over that kind of thing plus you made a topic about it so I assumed it was serious...Sorry if I took that wrong.

I DID cry over it. The rest of the 'rant' was bullshit, though. _

Don't know why you thought that. Really. I don't dislike anyone on this site (except Daylight Darkness for acting dumbly).

I'm just silly. I think everyone hates me.

Ick. I need to be less silly.

3/9/2007 #16
Will Sachiksy
Silly? Insecure, maybe. I doubt anyone of consequence hates you.

Anyone who hates someone without provocation is pitiful. Anyone who hates someone because that someone called them out for being annoying or mean (*cough*DaylightDarkness*cough*) is beneath pitiful.

3/9/2007 #17
Royal Bliss
I DID cry over it. The rest of the 'rant' was bullshit, though.

Oh uhhh... okay then. Sweet.

3/9/2007 #18
Charming Dice
I DID cry over it. The rest of the 'rant' was bullshit, though.

Now I'm confused. Did you want comfort or just attention? Or both?

3/10/2007 #19
Kumquat21
Well, everyone wants attention. Humans are affectionate creatures. It's only natural to search for help in others.

I cried today, but that was because I was really tired, and was kinda annoyed because I got upset that someone mega-critiqued me. (I'm wierd. I didn't cry over the critique, I just got angry, then felt stupid about getting angry, then just was depressed. Does that make any sense? Or do other people live like that too?)

Yay! Not-hating friend! I don't see you as hating anyone. I could see you getting annoyed (Like at me, who doesn't know anything about poems yet still feels complied to talk about them), but you don't come across as hating. You're just very polite, so maybe she took it as a sort of coolness, like when you're not speaking to people. I guess . . .

3/10/2007 #20
Will Sachiksy
I speak too formally even in real life. I don't know why.

who doesn't know anything about poems yet still feels complied to talk about them

I don't like when people say someone can't critique a piece of literature or poetry or art or music or whatever because that person "doesn't have enough experience" in that field. Often if someone makes an artistic work, they want people other than experts to be able to understand their work. So critique away. On this site, you get even better train; the poets that respond to your reviews, if they're quality poets, will indirectly give you feedback on how well you critique. And of course, you get the practice of reviewing poetry, and you get to understand the form that way.

3/10/2007 . Edited 3/10/2007 #21
Royal Bliss
I don't like when people say someone can't critique a piece of literature or poetry or art or music or whatever because that person "doesn't have enough experience" in that field.

Sometime's it's good to at least have some kind of experience, because how are they going to critique well if they don't know anything about the subject or whatnot...

3/10/2007 #22
Will Sachiksy
I understand what you mean. Let me give you an example of what I mean.

The husband of one of my former teachers had gone to an art gallery. After he commented negatively on one of the pieces, another person (friend? stranger? I forgot) told the husband he could not comment on that piece because he did not have the formal art education that that person had.

Extreme example, but it gets the job done. There are completely clueless people that need to read/see/hear examples of the medium before critiquing. But even people that are only somewhat knowledgeable should be able to give their opinion on a piece. And of course, the creator of the piece can choose to take or ignore the advice of that critic. I mean that criticism shouldn't be some elite practice.

3/10/2007 #23
Royal Bliss
Commenting and critiquing aren't necessarily the same thing. A comment is a remark; a critique is somewhat of a review.

I don't think anyone here has considered it an elite practice at all.

3/10/2007 #24
Will Sachiksy
True, very true. Although you'd be surprised how many people in real life do view criticism as something that must be done by experts (I know several).
3/11/2007 #25
Sakka-Fenikkusu
Did you want comfort or just attention? Or both?

Both.

3/12/2007 #26
Burnt Bread
Fenfen,

One thing you learn as time goes on is how to be a hardass. In a week, this'll probably be nothing, so cheer up. If it's really your fault, then raise your head and accept it - maybe even come to rejoice in it. There's nothing wrong with wanting attention, but you want to do it in a constructive way.

True, very true. Although you'd be surprised how many people in real life do view criticism as something that must be done by experts (I know several).

It's weird, isn't it? I mean, experts can talk it up or down all they want, but they tend to overthink things and find meaning where there really isn't any and at the end of the day, poop will still smell like poop.

3/12/2007 #27
Sakka-Fenikkusu
Thanks, Wheatie. :D
3/13/2007 #28
Kumquat21

It's weird, isn't it? I mean, experts can talk it up or down all they want, but they tend to overthink things and find meaning where there really isn't any and at the end of the day, poop will still smell like poop.

And thar be the new quote of the month.

3/16/2007 #29
Bri Neves
You remind me of another person I know. She's always apologizing and always thinks it's her fault. To both of you: IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!

Funny, I know quite a few people like that. And when you do try to tell them it isn't their fault, they STILL place blame on themselves! It's a shame, really. :/

And FenFen, I sincerely hope everything went well. :)

3/19/2007 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Sakka-Fenikkusu Moko Emaki
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member