The Anything Forum
Talk about anything! Even swiss cheese! Or... gasp! Mozarella.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Lord Pacific
Title says it all...

I want something thats good and long. I read alot and i hate short stories.

Any sugestions??

4/9/2007 #1
Royal Bliss
State of Fear by Michael Crichton is pretty good. Long too, I'm not sure if you'd like it though.
4/9/2007 #2
Sakka-Fenikkusu
Life is Funny by E. R. Frank is great, but it gets kinda descriptive with the sex... so if that kinda thing makes you squeamish... (and it's not a fantasy book.)
4/9/2007 #3
Royal Bliss
so if that kinda thing makes you squeamish

Squeamish isn't the right word for that ;)

... just kidding

4/9/2007 #4
Will Sachiksy
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Despite a little over emphasis on relationships in some sections, the book is a brilliant read. A little thick if you try to read a large chunk at one time.

Neuromancer by William Gibson. Pretty much the definitite cyberpunk novel and has one of the most fully developed visions of the future.

State of Fear by Michael Crichton

Good, but a little preachy and not his best. I liked Airframe, Congo, and Jurassic Park (to name a few) better.

4/9/2007 #5
Royal Bliss
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Despite a little over emphasis on relationships in some sections, the book is a brilliant read. A little thick if you try to read a large chunk at one time.

That's seriously one of my favorite books, I remember being silently obsessed with it after finishing it.

Good, but a little preachy and not his best. I liked Airframe, Congo, and Jurassic Park (to name a few) better.

Honestly, I only mentioned it because it was somewhat long.

4/9/2007 #6
Midnight In Eden
If you like Gabriel, you might like Isabel Allende. Similar style.

Depending on what you're interested in, I'm in the middle of "Ulysses" by James Joyce (beautiful but it takes about a year to read properly), finished "Rules of Attraction" by Bret Easton Ellis the other day and am rereading "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

4/9/2007 #7
Sakka-Fenikkusu
Squeamish isn't the right word for that ;)

Let's not look too deep into it, 'right?

4/10/2007 #8
graciful

Geisha of Gion by Mineko Iwasaki

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

1/3/2010 #9
Ebony Gray

Yeah if you don't mind historical or mystery, try The Adventures and The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes. Its like a whole bunch of stories. Its really good. I love it. I don't read any really big books but i read some interesting ones. Try Piratica by Tanith Lee. James patterson is really good too.

8/7/2010 #10
Halfbloodlycan

Magic Bites and Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews. It's a good urban fantasy series. I find it difficult to actually find any urban fantasy stories. Anyone know of any good ones?

11/22/2010 #11
Tearing Pages

I am currently reading Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, as well as The Complete Idiot's Guide to Weird Word Origins, written by Paul McFedries. I consider both to be rather spiffy, though I'll read almost anything.

12/29/2010 #12
Orellin Vvardengra

The futurlogical congress by stanis lawlem is an excellent read, its not super thick but its a nice mind %$#@

1/13/2011 #13
Forum Moderators: Sakka-Fenikkusu Moko Emaki
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member