The Anything Forum
Talk about anything! Even swiss cheese! Or... gasp! Mozarella.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Keba Si Rota
That's crazy Keba! Normally, I dl from the internet and only if I like the album do I buy it. At most, I've bought maybe 30 cds in my lifetime. They're so darn expensive!

Yeah, CDs are kind of expensive. You have to know the places where they sell them for cheap. I live near a few places that sell used CDs in like-new condition. I got a 12-track CD for $1. Unless I really support the artist(s) or really like the album, I'll buy it used. The only problem with that is that the CDs I'm looking for aren't always in stock. But still it's amazing how many hard-to-find gems you come across that no one else wants.

Oh yeah, I also got a few as gifts, giveaways, and raiding my aunt's boyfriend's collection of CDs he didn't want anymore. He had an album from a songwriter who I never realized released his own album. I think it's out-of-print, now.

I hope that if you ever reach the international charts (so your cd comes to australia), you'll make it cheap.

I hear CDs are more expensive in places like Australia and Japan, so I don't know if I'd have control over the price. However, I would have control over how many bonus tracks I'd give to various regions of the world. I guess getting more tracks means getting your money's worth. Or it means that you have no reason to import a relatively cheap American copy of that CD.

9/14/2007 #31
Midnight In Eden
I have 5611 songs on my iTunes. There's about 200 that I haven't listened to because they're new though.

Big fan of the iTunes music store, second hand CDs and getting CDs for free from friends who work at record companies.

I hear CDs are more expensive in places like Australia and Japan, so I don't know if I'd have control over the price. However, I would have control over how many bonus tracks I'd give to various regions of the world. I guess getting more tracks means getting your money's worth. Or it means that you have no reason to import a relatively cheap American copy of that CD.

CDs are quite expensive in Australia when you compare it to the USA. Prices have come down dramatically though recently. And importing CDs from the States is much more expensive than buying it off the iTunes store or off Amazon.

Japanese releases always seem to have rare B-sides on them though. Anyone know why?

9/15/2007 #32
Burnt Bread
I feel jibbed. No more CD buying for me. Unless I go to America, then I'll buy a ton.

I've just downloaded an album from The Hush Sound. I didn't think much of it at first but it's very addictive.

9/17/2007 #33
Sakka-Fenikkusu
I have 500 songs on my iPod.

Excellent trick for getting music: go to the library. There are actually an insane amount of albums there. I only own five albums and 500 songs. Also, go over to all of your friends' houses and steal their songs from their iTunes. :D

9/22/2007 #34
Burnt Bread
...you know, I think you might be onto something there. Librarys do have heaps of music but I've never thought of that. They have audio books on cds as well... it's well worth looking into.
9/22/2007 #35
Sakka-Fenikkusu
Oh, yeah. I love getting audio books on CD. Yeah, there's nothing like snuggling down with the real thing, but it's so neat to be able to carry a tiny little box with dozens of books stored within.

My favorite audio book is Invisible by Pete Hautman. Short, sweet, and amazingly narrated.

9/22/2007 #36
xLinkinPark94x

Well, I'm more into alternative rock really. Stuff like: Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Flyleaf, Paramore, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, KoRn (well, they're more metal but I love em anyway lol), Green Day, Lifehouse, 30 Seconds to Mars, AFI, All American Rejects...jeeze, so many more xD I'm a total rock music FREAK! I love it =P

5/10/2008 #37
Kumquat21

Audio books are god. I have a friend who's very dyslexic (and dysgraphic) but incredibly creative, so I'm getting him Terry Pratchett audio books for his birthday. ^^

5/12/2008 #38
Kumquat21

Lincoln 94: Not entirely the same style, but ever hear of the Decemberists?

5/12/2008 #39
Keba Si Rota

I've heard of the Decemberists! I had an art teacher who was a big fan. He played their music during art class, sometimes. I liked their song about angels and angles (probably because so many people confuse the spellings of those words with each other).

5/15/2008 #40
xLinkinPark94x

No I haven't =P but I could check em out. *goes on a limewire hunt*

-Kelli

5/21/2008 #41
Burnt Bread

There's this singing comedy duo from New Zealand called Flight of the Conchords and they are hilarious. That's all I've been listening to for the past week.

5/21/2008 #42
Will Sachiksy

Oh. My. God. I've missed watching Flight of the Conchord on HBO (it's only at my dad's house I can watch the show). None of my local music stores have the CD. I agree that Flight of the Conchords is a brilliant act. My favorite of what I've seen and listened to is Hiphopoppotamus vs. Rhymenocerous.

("I am the Hiphopoppotamus, my lyrics are bottomless... ... ... ...")

For music, I've most recently been getting into a comedic folkish-nerd rocker named Jonathan Coulton. I recommend "I Feel Fantastic," "Skullcrusher Mountain," "Code Monkey," and "Someone is Crazy." If you go on his website, he has mp3s and a podcast you can get some of his music from.

5/21/2008 #43
Sakka-Fenikkusu

I love the Conchords' songs "I'm Not Crying", "Business Time" and "The Humans are Dead". They're amazing. xDDD

5/21/2008 #44
aberlemno

I've definitely heard about Flight of the Conchords from people but I can't remember for the life of me if I've actually heard the music. I think my friend's played it to me, but I'll go and download some to see if it's what I'm thinking of... My latest obsession musically is Hayes Carll. Everyone always loves 'She Left Me For Jesus' cos it is undoubtedly the most amazingly hilarious song written for many years, but they always switch off when I try to play them his other songs... and that's just not fair because he really is very amazing.

I'm so bad for trying to make everyone to listen to what I think is good though. I'm a closet stereo nazi. CD libraries are indeed a godsend. Libraries here sell off all their old stock every so often for 50p a CD, and a lot of it is actually pretty decent. I still ended up buying bloody Deep Blue Something but there you go. Although my new resolution is to put all my music on a nice small computer-orientated device and get proper speakers for it, because I've just tried to move house and when I was packing I was like *twitches* Where did all the CDs come from?! I didn't count them, I was too busy having a small breakdown.

What music is really really annoying you all the the moment? My current pet hate is the Ting Tings. *grits teeth* 'That's not my naaaame! My name is Matt Daaaamon!" :)

6/4/2008 #45
Sakka-Fenikkusu

If you don't know if you've heard the Conchords, just Youtube them. ;) A few of their songs are on there.

6/4/2008 #46
didgeridoo

At this very moment, I'm listening to Panic at the Disco's Pretty. Odd. It's actually quite an interesting album, and I'm kind of obsessed now. XD

6/12/2008 #47
Ministry of Equanimity

The Ministry plays 'Still Alive' from Portal all day.

6/15/2008 #48
Mahone-chic-89

Creed!!!!

and the new Disturbed cd

6/15/2008 #49
Kumquat21

The Walk - Imogene Heap

6/15/2008 #50
aberlemno

The Beatles- I Am The Walrus. And I like your icon, Mahone-chic :)

6/16/2008 #51
XxThe-Perfect-KillerxX

Meh... Flyleaf o.O

"I'm So Sick" ;D

6/16/2008 #52
iwishforalotofthings

i listen to everything. coldplay, lupe fiasco, muse, yeah yeah yeahs, kanye west, outkast, gorillaz, robin thicke, a lotta asian music, just...everything.

6/30/2008 #53
ThePocketBunny

pretty much only rock. at the moment, Godsmack's "Greed"

7/9/2008 #54
Recontre Destinee

Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla."

I can't beat it in Guitar Hero, so I listen to it instead. However, I'm supposed to be concentrating on something and all I'm thinking is "Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Green..." XD

7/11/2008 #55
SeaBird13

i listen to pretty much anything, but i'm partial to rock

right now i'm listening to paradise city by guns and roses

7/11/2008 #56
FirstBloom13

I'm really into Electronica right now. faves are:

Kylie Minogue - all of her stuff is good but X is her best cd yet

MIA - Sri Lankan/British rapper who does her thing to synth riffs. Amazing, completly amazing, and the lyrics are totally political

Dragonette - Canadian/English 4some. They are mind-blowing, their best songs are I Get Around and Competition

7/11/2008 #57
Thunderboom

Songs from "Mojipittan", anime themes, and various other Japanese songs.

8/25/2008 #58
aberlemno

Recontree Destinee- I love Blue Oyster Cult!!

At the moment I'm loving the Coal Porters, and Southern Tenant Folk Union. I'm trying to learn the banjo! (Okay, three chords doth not the next Sid Griffin make. I could be banjo's answer to Sid Vicious though.) And on my side of the Atlantic then I've recently seen Moishe's Bagel and Mr MacFall's Chamber playing music by Martyn Bennett... both very very amazing (and sharing a fiddle player.) And as usual, several hours of Elliott Smith obsessing each day.

8/26/2008 #59
Inana Seone

Ah, I could say the same.

Scarlet - Junko Iwao

9/10/2008 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »
Forum Moderators: Sakka-Fenikkusu Moko Emaki
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member