Writing
Talk about fiction writing, storytelling, my stories, your stories, hisher stories, suggestions to me or others, techniques, tips and other things related here.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
dbz 77
Why is r*** a much more sensitive subject to write about than murder?

Michael

8/26/2007 #1
imadecookies
Its much more with girls because unlike it is a violation of our bodies. Weather your a virgin or not, r*** is more of a control feeling of loss of control when it happens, and when its over we're left with that guilt that we could have done more, we could have fought but we didn't. Weather we put up a fight or not the end result is the same, we were violated and humiliated; the attack is much more a emotional one then a physical one. The injuries r*** can cause will heal and never even leave so much as a scar, but the emotional pain for a woman is ten times more then any flesh wound and can last for years if not the rest of your life. Its bigger on girls because we're taught "our bodies are treasures" type of thing and some one taking and violating that plays serious damage to our mental image of things. I think the main thing would be how different girls and guys are on the subject.
8/26/2007 #2
darkiwi

I personally think that r*** is more sensitive because as the person ahead of me said emotional. But for writing it's so sensitive because when you read it you are right there with the victim so the reader is experiencing it. I personally cant read a book with a r*** victim because i break down in tears. But i think if this is a topic you wish to write on go for it. I hope you write it well.

12/18/2008 #3
deletety

R*** is a much more sensitive topic than murder, especially to girls. Not that murder isn't. I'm just saying, it's like part of every girl's worst nightmare. It's a violation of a female's body and at the end, the victims always feel humiliated and ashamed. It's very emotional too. And with r***, the victim may be left alive so they have to go through living with what happened, whereas in murder, the victims dead.

7/22/2009 #4
dbz 77

R*** is a much more sensitive topic than murder, especially to girls. Not that murder isn't. I'm just saying, it's like part of every girl's worst nightmare. It's a violation of a female's body and at the end, the victims always feel humiliated and ashamed. It's very emotional too. And with r***, the victim may be left alive so they have to go through living with what happened, whereas in murder, the victims dead.

The knowledge that r*** causes such huge psychological and emotional trauma has been recorded for at least two thousand five hundred years. I do wonder WHY r*** causes such huge psychological and emotional trauma.

Michael

8/9/2009 #5
darkiwi

Because when a person is r*** it's not just the body that is being violated but your mind as well. R*** gets into your head, the moment is playrf out over and over and over again. In your mind you are repeatedly beating your self up with thoughts like" I should have done this. Or if I hadn't said that. Or if maybe i hadn't said this" The victom with out knowing it puts the perpetraiotr in the victoms position. Not blameing them 100% but instead you end up blameing yourself. So r*** is very much mental violation as well as physical.

But if you think about the resoning behind the r*** its self. A r*** r*** a women or man out of dominance or to make that sex feel inferior. To make themselves feel like they have control. R*** isn't just about sex. Its a mental game in its self. it has to do with the desire of control. The sex is just the added bonuse of it. In itself r*** is usualy the last step. Normaly they start out slow. Peeping in on somone, stalking and that in its self is pschologial. The r*** is the last step which is the physicl step but has sooo much more to do with the pschologica portion not so much the physical.

I hope this explanes it. That is how my theripist explaned it to me....I am a r*** survivor....

8/9/2009 #6
darkiwi

I relize that dosn't answer 100% but i hope you get the jist of it. i don't knwo how else to explane because it should be obvious. its a violation of the mind adn the body.

8/9/2009 #7
dbz 77

I relize that dosn't answer 100% but i hope you get the jist of it. i don't knwo how else to explane because it should be obvious. its a violation of the mind adn the body.

It is a bit difficult and complex to understand.

It would not surprise me if r*** survivors were confused about their feelings on this.

Michael

8/10/2009 . Edited 8/10/2009 #8
Forum Moderators: Das Blitzgott
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member