Writing
Talk about fiction writing, storytelling, my stories, your stories, hisher stories, suggestions to me or others, techniques, tips and other things related here.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
ZyggyGirl

I've been writing since I was nine. Back then, I had plenty of ideas. Now I can come up with a story that sounds really good in my head. I can write about three good pages, then I get distracted by something shiny and the entire project comes to a permanent halt.

Any advice?

4/11/2010 #1
May Hall

The same thing happened to me a while back. When I hit the road block, I went back in some of my old notebooks and re-read some of my old stories from when I was a kid. They were mostly crap but a few good stories stuck out and were just poorly written, so I reworked them. I did this for a good year and a half until I started to pick up the pace with my newer stories again. It was a good way to practise revising too. As an added bonus, the old stories inspired me in new ways.

Hope it helps!

10/31/2010 #2
Decanter Red

Still happens to me... xD

But i do have better endurance than i used to have, having just written 22 pages straight :o the distraction is not something shiny but a brand new and very seductive idea XD

Take the idea very slowly, like eating a dessert instead of rushing through it. Warm your mind up day by day and take consideration on building the character personality, appearance, filling gaps, so a whole plot forms in your mind solidly.

Hope it helps :)

4/2/2013 #3
Forum Moderators: Das Blitzgott
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member