Writing
Talk about fiction writing, storytelling, my stories, your stories, hisher stories, suggestions to me or others, techniques, tips and other things related here.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Ashton Smith
I have this idea for a story, but I don't know if it's going to sound good to other people, or just like another bad teenage drama. Here's my idea (I tend not to elaborate on my ideas very much as I've had some work stolen before):

The main character is one of those popular high school girls, you know the ones. She goes to a party one night, gets drunk and has sex with one of the school's rebel boys, one of the ones that does drugs, in and out of school for getting in trouble etc., etc., etc. She gets back to her friend's house and goes to bed and wakes up the next morning with a hangover and finds out that the boy died in a car accident on his way home from the party. She's upset but not exactly torn up at the news. She's upset because she knew him, but she wasn't in love with him or anything.

Anyway, as the story goes on, she finds out that she she got pregnant that night.

What does everyone think?

3/7/2008 #1
Fractured Illusion
I guess it could work as a slice of life sort of deal, but so far it lacks a hook. What is supposed to be the plot, or what resolution will come? I don't really see this as more than a one-shot at the moment. You need lots of other factors and variables to make it into a multi-chap.
3/18/2008 #2
Rose Alexandra

I like it. If it was well written, I would definitely read something like that. So long as it has accurate grammar/spelling most of the time. That's one of my biggest pet peeves. It sounds like the kind of thing I would write, honestly.

12/25/2008 #3
Forget Me

I think I read something like that once.

3/1/2009 #4
Pegasus Rider

That sounds like a great idea. I have a story, but I need a good girl's name. Any suggestions?

Also, if you want to check out my forum, I started a group called Vestis. It's a eviewing group...details are on my forum. Anyone can join, but basically, it's so when a person writes a story, they can have many honest reviews.

6/14/2009 #5
JadeScarlet

I'm not sure who your target audience for this story is, but it doesn't sound like something I would read. It might have been the type of story I would have read in while in high school but its been a while. It sounds like a teenage drama, but it doesn't have to be bad.

I would say that if you want to make this story interesting, put a lot of work into developing the characters. Don't be confined to the 'popular girl' and 'rebel guy' types. Make them unique, and add lots of details about why they are interesting people who go beyond the stereotypes. You could start by just writing down everything there is to know about them, including things that don't matter to the story and that will never be in the story. That will make it stand out from other similar stories, because your characters will be better developed and more interesting to read about.

8/4/2009 #6
Pegasus Rider

I like it.

8/4/2009 #7
Forum Moderators: Das Blitzgott
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member