Writing
Talk about fiction writing, storytelling, my stories, your stories, hisher stories, suggestions to me or others, techniques, tips and other things related here.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
darkiwi

OK. I know its a bit odd to not know where your story fits but im in a delima. I dono what happens next in my story but right now its kinda action meets romance meets I dono. I know its fantasy for sure but it is kinda a mixture of everything. So I dono where to post it. Can someone help me. I'll post up a few paragraphs if you want. But other then that here. So far its about these twins that where abused by there father after there mom dies, they kinda do a time, space, warp thing (its hard to describe), the end up in this place with elfes, fairys, and some other creatures (I am doing research on this stuff) and I dono then. There is gonna be some romance down the road. But a lot of action and other stuff before then. But there isn't a lot of cusseing or anything but it's kinda young adult I think? I dono, how do I figure it out?

12/18/2008 #1
Morgra

If there are elves and fairies in it, then it's definately fantasy.

2/26/2009 #2
darkiwi

i know that what i mean is how do i tell if its like action or drama or romance cause it has all of those in it. i know its fantasy but is that all? like twiligh is a horror although how im not sure.

2/27/2009 #3
Morgra

Hmmm... Action usually refers to non-fantasy action, so I'd guess it's probably romance, and maybe drama. Romance is a bit broader than drama, I think.

2/27/2009 #4
darkiwi

Thanks. That helps a lot. Now im off to work on figureing out what the title is lol.

3/1/2009 #5
laddybug3

A book can have many categories that fit into it. One novel, I am working on is about generations of one family. You have the elders (grandparents), the middle agers, and the young adults, all in one story. There is a few parts that goes back into the 1930s, which may make it a historical, since of the historical part. I would say is it is Adult fiction, family, and relationships.

8/2/2013 #6
Forum Moderators: Das Blitzgott
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member