Horror Stories
A forum about the posted stories and horror writing.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
sunlit insomnia

Ok, so I want to enter a short scary story contest, you know, one of those that newspapers, magazines and such post around Halloween. I love writing about creepy stuff, but I'm not sure if i'm any good at scary stories. I'm so used to scary movies that I don't really find anything too scary, and scary stories/books are even less scary. The only true thing that I really am freaked out about are zombies, but only like Dawn of the Dead movie zombies, (in writing I think the topic of zombies can become a little bit too cheesy) and the freakish six foot rabbit in Donnie Darko. Other than that, I'm not sure what is really scary.

So, I'm looking for some help on thinking of a story idea. Here's that catch: the story has to be 300 words or fewer. (basically i like, two paragraphs) How suckish is that!! Anyway, any non-classic ideas are welcome and anyone else looking for scary story help can post on this thread. Thanks, and hopefully I won't die from a lack of lenght in this contest thingy. (I usually write novels, even though I never finish them, so writing short stories is super hard for me. And 300 words is not a short story, it's a few paragraphs.) :( not happy about that...

9/10/2008 #1
Forum Moderators: dbz 77
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member