Pirates RPG
Are you brave enough to become a pirate, and face the dangers that come with the crime of piracy? Or are you willing to make sacrifices for the great fortunes that lie ahead?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
xXHistoryGeekXx

A popular tavern in Tortuga that doubles as an inn; gypsies and others often perform in front of it in hopes of money or other things.

7/5/2011 . Edited 7/5/2011 #1
xXHistoryGeekXx

Mary-Ann strolled into the tavern and took a seat, pulling out her dagger again and flipping it around, occasionaly jabbing it into the wooden table.

7/5/2011 #2
TheFamiliarOne

Elka walked into the tavern, taking care to watch her surroundings. She took a seat near the door, just in case she needed to get out quick. She worked on fixing part of her Tamborine, having accidentally bent it. She would still look up quite a bit, having been warned to stay cautious.

She looked over, noticing a woman she had seen earlier. She didn't seem like the harlems around Tortuga, though.

7/5/2011 . Edited 7/5/2011 #3
xXHistoryGeekXx
Will had been sitting near the bar, talking one of he barmaids, when he noticed a cautious-looking girl walk in. Grinning to himself, he left he barmaid and walked over to her. She seemed to be trying to fix a tambourine.

"'Ello there," Will said to her, smiling. "Nice instrument ya got there. A tambourine? Ooh, and ya've got some fancy bangle as well."

7/5/2011 #4
TheFamiliarOne

Elka slowly glanced up as a man walked over. Her face, save her eyes, were still covered by her scarf. She looked back down at the tambourine.

"Can I help you?" She asked softly, her voice calm. She wouldn't be scared right now. it wasn't like he had done anything to her. Well, not yet. She didn't know if he would try or not.

7/5/2011 #5
xXHistoryGeekXx
"Why d'you seem so scared?" Will asked, furrowing his eyebrows at her. "There's nothin' to be 'fraid of, long as ya steer clear o' trouble. It may seem 'ard 'ere, but it really isn'. I been doin' fo' years!"
7/5/2011 #6
TheFamiliarOne

"I'm not afraid," she told him simply, looking up at him. Her eyes held a small laughter to them. Why should she be scared?

"And I could try to steer clear ' trouble, but trouble goes and finds me quite a bit, see? Goes and finds most gypsies. We just stand there, and trouble comes o'long looking for us," she joked, still trying to fix the bend in her instrument. It was harder than it looked!

(Have to get off for the night~)

7/5/2011 . Edited 7/5/2011 #7
xXHistoryGeekXx
"Ah, I know what ya mean," Will said, nodding and watching Elka trying and fix her tambourine. "'Course, I usually cause the trouble fo' meself bu'... 'Ere, let me 'elp ya." He took the tambourine from her and started trying to bend it back into shape. "So, ya got a name?" hebasked. "Mine's Willoughby, bu' mos' call me Will. Strange name, Willoughby..."
7/5/2011 #8
TheFamiliarOne

Elka rested her chin on her hands as she watched Willoughby bend the tambourine back to its original shape.

"Meav, Elka Meav," she introduced herself.

"Willoughby, that's very original," she complimented. She liked original names, finding common ones far too boring.

"So, are you a sailor, pirate, or something else?" she asked curiously, taking back the instrument when he finished.

7/6/2011 #9
xXHistoryGeekXx

"I'm more of a... stowaway," Will said. "Don' really 'ave a ship tah sail on or anythin'. Jus' go one ones I can find and all; uninvited mos' times."

7/6/2011 #10
TheFamiliarOne

"Stowaway, huh? Bit dangerous, isn't it?" Elka gave a small chuckle, knowing all too well the dangers of stowing away onboard a ship. Even worse was when you got caught. It wasn't an "if" you got caught, it was a "when".

"So than, what brings you to Tortuga?"

7/6/2011 #11
xXHistoryGeekXx

"I've been thinkin' o' joinin' a pirate crew," Will confessed, grinning. "It be mu' easier than bein' a stow away. Fo' one, I'm actually allow' on the ship. Bu' I'm not havin' much luck."

7/6/2011 #12
TheFamiliarOne

"Can't really help you much there, I haven't got a ship," she sighed.

" 'sides, woman aren't allowed on ships all that much." Though she did have a slightly better chance than other women, being a musician and all.

7/6/2011 #13
xXHistoryGeekXx

Mary-Ann, who had been sitting a few tables away from Will and Elka, smirked when Elka said women weren't allowed on ships. Sure they are! she thought. You just gotta captain it, or dress as a man.

"Mos' think it's bad luck," Will said, shaking his head. "I don'; jus' crazy superstitions."

7/6/2011 #14
TheFamiliarOne

"Mhmmmm,...Well, superstition or not, they believe it. And you never know, some superstitions are true. It's best not to go bringing bad luck," Elka told, a twinkle in her eye.

She clapped the tambourine to her hand, listening to make sure it made the right sounds. It did.

"Thank you."

7/6/2011 #15
xXHistoryGeekXx

"Yer right there," Will said, grinning. "And i's no problem with the tambourine. I been fixin' things fo' years; me father was always away and me mother, well, she broke alo' o' things."

7/6/2011 #16
TheFamiliarOne

Elka nodded, smilingunder her scarf.

"Do you plan on being a stowaway again? Or find a ship to join? A few sailors were talking about possibly joining a crew earlier. Though, they were a wee bit drunk."

7/8/2011 #17
xXHistoryGeekXx

"I've bin hopin' to find a ship," Will said. "And I've heard o' men gettin' drunk and joinin' a crew then wakin' up in the middle o' the ocean with no idea why they were there." He chuckled and shook his head.

As he said, Terrence Sheppard and his First mate, Louis Kingsley, walked into the tavern. They stood at the threshold for a while, then moved away towards a table.

7/8/2011 #18
TheFamiliarOne

"And that is why you should drink no more than you can handle," Elka said simply, putting the tambourine down on her lap. She leaned on the table with her elbows and folded her hands together. Resting her chin on her knuckles, she noticed to men walk in. Well, they didn't seem drunk. They also didn't seem like a type of pair you would often see together. One seemed a bit more cruel and stiff, the other seemed more calm and laid-back. Well, this ought to be interesting.

7/8/2011 #19
xXHistoryGeekXx

Will caught Elka watching the two men and smiled. "I think that's Terrence Sheppard an' 'is First Mate, Loui' Kingsley." he said. "Sheppard is the cap'ain of the Repulse. Saw 'is wanted poster last week in Por' Royal."

Mary-Ann straightened up after hearing Will talk about the Repulse.

My ship? she thought, searching the tavern. Some bloke here is captaining my ship?!?

7/8/2011 #20
TheFamiliarOne

Elka scrunched her eyebrows in thought, "never heard of 'em."

"What's he done to get a wanted poster?" She'd been seeing less and less of those lately, except for big-time pirates, killers, and thievs.

7/8/2011 #21
xXHistoryGeekXx

"Plently o' stuff," Will said. "Nearly wiped out tha' entire village once. Ya know, the Cuban one? Puerto de la Ciudad, I think i's called... An' 'e stole a bunch o' stuff, o' course. And then there's the fac' 'e's a pirate. Lo's o' people 'ave wanted posters now for bein' pirates."

Mary-Ann continued to search the tavern for anyone that might seem like they'd have her ship.

7/8/2011 #22
TheFamiliarOne

"Been a bit too busy to be reading any posters," Elka laughed softly.

"The government, it's something. Been chasing after us Gypsies, trying to find our hideaway. The 'Court of Life', or 'La Cour de la Chance'." She chuckled, still watching the two men.

"What else do you know about him?" If he was a pirate, he might have something worth having for the gypsy girl. She didn't believe in stealing pointless things, but she needed something of value. It was getting hard to survive.

7/8/2011 #23
xXHistoryGeekXx

"'Tis easy to frame the wanderers," Will said, shaking his head. "Some say tha' Terrence Sheppard has a heart o' stone an' lost 'is first ship to a storm, an' tha' Tortuga's the on'y place in the Caribbean 'e can walk aroun' freely. Thi' place is controlled by France, and the French still 'aven't outlawed piracy, so the Navy don' come 'ere much, 'less they're really serious on catchin' the pirate. An' still then they don' normally catch 'im." He shrugged and shook his head again.

Terrence looked around the tavern for a bit, and caught a woman doing the same. He recognized her from a wanted poster; her name was Mary-Ann Reed. She had a vicious glare in her eyes and seemed to be looking for something. Sighing, Terrence turned back to Louis, who was grinning stupidly and flirting with a barmaid.

"Good luck, mate..." Terrence grumbled to his first mate. "I'll bet she thinks your a crusty old man..."

7/8/2011 #24
TheFamiliarOne

Elka nodded as she listened, than notced the other woman looking around.

"What about her? I think I've seen her poster. Mary-Ann Reed, was it?" She asked Will quiet enough so not to be heard. Last thing she wanted was a fight to break out. Well, not with her actually in it. If others were to fight, it made it easier to steal items of small value.

7/8/2011 #25
xXHistoryGeekXx

"I think so," Will said, turning to look at Mary-Ann. "Don' know why she looks like tha' though; don' know much 'bout her, jus' tha' she doesn' have a ship and is a pirate. The sailors on the ships I stow away on don' talk 'bout the women pirates; they think they're bloody mad, steppin' out o' line and bringin' bad luck around."

Mary-Ann finally spotted Terrence and Louis, and got up and walked over to them. "Hello," she said casually, taking a seat uninvited next to Terrence.

Louis raised an eyebrow at her, taking in what she was wearing. "Pirate, this one..." he muttered to Terrence who nodded and shoved Louis away.

"Hello," Terrence said back to Mary-Ann. "Can I help you?"

"I was wondering if ye got a ship," Mary-Ann said, cocking her head to the side and resting it on her hand.

"Aye, I do," Terrence said, leaning back in his chair and looking at her.

7/8/2011 #26
TheFamiliarOne

Elka watched intentily. She had to get something, not being able to go back to 'father' with nothing. That was a bad move, and she knew it.

"Bloody mad they are, but clever, as well. More female pirates than you think, they're just far too smart to get caught. After-all, getting caught could mean more trouble than it's worth." But if it wasn't worth the trouble, the girls wouldn't go through it.

The one Will had claimed to be Louis caught her interest. He might be easier to get closer to than the captain.

(brb, shower. Also, edited the post and put in another character, John Frollo)

7/8/2011 . Edited 7/8/2011 #27
xXHistoryGeekXx

"Aye," Will said nodding. He turned towards where Mary-Ann, Terrence, and Louis were sitting. "Tha' woman looks ready to kill. Guess tha's what happens when you spend so much time 'round pirates, eh?" he observed.

"Really?" Mary-Ann continued. "What's it called?"

"The Repulse," Terrence said, a little skeptically. "Why? If yer thinking of joining my crew ye can forget about it; we don't sign up women, they're bad luck."

Mary-Ann glowered at him. "That's my ship," she said quietly. "You have my ship!"

"What?" Terrence asked, staring at her in bewilderment. "What do you mean your ship?"

"Who did you get the Repulse from?" Mary-Ann interegated, pointing an angry finger at Terrence.

"A dock worker," Terrence said. "He said--"

"That the crew had been captured by the Navy," Mary-Ann interupted, still glowering at Terrence. "But one person managed to escape and that one person sailed the ship back to the land and then fled. That person was the captain. How do I know this? I'm the captain, and you have my ship!"

7/8/2011 #28
TheFamiliarOne

Elka listened to the two, a small smile under her scarf. So, Reed was the actual captain of Terrence's ship?

"How funny," she giggled. She looked back over to Louis, and let out a small sigh.

"Well, I have a job to do. I hope to see you again, Will," she said as she departed, walking over to Louis in a gliding manner. Her bracelets on her arms and ankles gently clanged against eachother in rythm to her steps.

"Hello, Louis Kignsley, I believe?" her voice held a misty, dreamy tone to it.

7/8/2011 #29
xXHistoryGeekXx

"Bye," Will said, watching Elka go.

"I bought the ship from a dock worker," Terrence said. "So it's my ship!"

"That ship was not the dock workers to sell," Mary-Ann snapped, still pointing at Terrence.

"You fled," Terrence pointed out.

"I fled because the Navy was after me!" Mary-Ann screeched, slamming her fist into the table. "I went and hid and the next day I come back and my ship is gone! Stolen!" She threatingly reached for her pistol.

Louis turned towards Elka. "Aye," he said nodding. "And ye be?"

7/9/2011 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: xXHistoryGeekXx
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member