Pirates RPG
Are you brave enough to become a pirate, and face the dangers that come with the crime of piracy? Or are you willing to make sacrifices for the great fortunes that lie ahead?
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2
TheFamiliarOne

Quite a few people in the area were watching Terrence and Reed. They could recognise them both as pirate captains. Most watched to see how the scene would turn. Would somebody shoot the other?

"Elka," Elka said smoothly, gently brushing her hands against his sleeve.

"Careful, she be a gypsy. They steal ye dry," a bartender told Louis, getting a small scowl from Elka. She hated such stereotypes, even if they were true at times.

7/9/2011 #31
xXHistoryGeekXx

"I'll be fine," Louis said, waving a hand non-chanlantly at the bartender. "No one's nicked a thing off me in years." He grinned at Elka, as if warning her not to try anything.

"I'm a pirate, love," Terrence said, smiling, to Mary-Ann, ignoring Louis and the gypsy. "And I was in need of a ship."

Mary-Ann quickly pulled her pistol out of its holster, pulled the hammer back, and aimed it at Terrence's head. In the blink of the eye, Terrence had removed one of his many pistols and was aiming it at Mary-Ann.

"I want me ship back," Mary-Ann growled, her finger resting on the pistol trigger.

7/9/2011 #32
TheFamiliarOne

"Who said I was going to steal?" Elka smiled in a flirty manner, "I don't plan on stealing from a pirate. I was simply going to ask for a drink. I'm afraid I ran out of money, and I'm quite thirsty." She was actually quite clever, and it usually worked with such lines. So innocent, but so cunning. She glanced out of the corner of her eye oveer to Terrence and Reed. Both seemed ready to kill.

7/9/2011 #33
xXHistoryGeekXx

"Well then I'll buy ye a drink," Louis said; he knew he was probably playing along to some con, but the gypsy was strickingly beautiful, so he decided to go along with it.

"It's my ship now!" Terrence yelled back at Mary-Ann. "And yer not getting it back!"

"Oh I will," Mary-Ann said slowly, pressing the trigger slightly, but not enough for the pistol to shoot. "One way or another..."

7/9/2011 #34
TheFamiliarOne

The Bartender went and got the two their drinks. Elka took a small sip, before looking back at the captains.

"She's quite angry. He's your Capttain, right?" She asked curiously, also watching Louis movements. If she was going to con or steal from him, she'd have to study the way he moved and acted.

7/9/2011 #35
xXHistoryGeekXx

"Aye," Louis said, nodding and leaning back in his chair. He casually took a sip of his drink.

"Now, ye'll not want to be killing me, love," Terrence said, still not moving his pistol.

"Oh, really?" Mary-Ann spat. "Why's that?"

7/9/2011 #36
TheFamiliarOne

"Curious," she said, taking another sip, "what do you think will happen?" Neither pirate seemed in the mood to fool around. Both looked ready to kill, and quite frankily, Elka -almost- found it amusing.

7/9/2011 #37
xXHistoryGeekXx

"Terrence usually ends up killing people he has a disagreement with," Louis said, looking at Terrence and Mary-Ann warily. "Hopefully it's not the case here."

"There are many reason why ye don't want to kill me," Terrence said smoothly. "But I'm not going to mention them now, nor later, because I must be returning to my ship," He slipped his pistol away, and turned to Louis. "I'll meet you back at the ship. Have... fun."

With that said, he turned swiftly on his heel and marched out of the tavern before Mary-Ann could say anything.

"That actually turned out better than I expected," Louis said, turning away from a fuming Mary-Ann. "None of them came out wounded."

7/9/2011 #38
TheFamiliarOne

"It would seem so. Though, miss Reed seems quite unhappy." She chukcled, sitting down.

"So, what brings you to Tortuga? Drinks, harems, a crew..?" She asked curiously, trying to make conversation.

7/9/2011 #39
xXHistoryGeekXx

"Yeah, I guess ye could say a crew," Louis said. "We just need a few more men, that's all."

7/9/2011 #40
TheFamiliarOne

"Do you have a musician? Many pirate crews have come around looking for them lately." She badly wanted off this god-forsaken land. Besides, travelling with pirates, she could get things for Father Frollo. She'd be safer with Pirates than with him, as odd as that was.

7/9/2011 #41
xXHistoryGeekXx
"Musician, eh?" Louis asked, taking a sip of his drink and eyeing Elka. "Why d'ye ask?"

Mary-Ann quickly returned her pistol and, glaring at the spot Terrence had disappeared, stalked away.

7/9/2011 #42
TheFamiliarOne

"It's what we Gypsies are known for, well, besides thievery and such. And honestly, I'd love to get off this land," Elka admitted. She watched Reed stalk off. She was unhappy.

7/9/2011 #43
xXHistoryGeekXx
"I'll have to see what Captain Sheppard thinks," Louis said thoughtfully. "He's never too keen to let women aboard the ship. But if us does let ye join the crew, yeh know that ye'll be expected to fight, and will probably be convicted of piracy? Even if ye are just a musician?"
7/9/2011 #44
TheFamiliarOne

"Gypsies are not fools, dear Louis, those are jesters. Us women, especially. I'm not worried of being convicted of Piracy. And I can hold my own in a fight, if not, I'll die trying. Either way, in the end, I'll die nomatter what. Peacefully, or not," Elka told him, taking another sip of her now cold beverage.

"You talk as if I know not of what I am doing?"

7/9/2011 #45
xXHistoryGeekXx
"I was just wondering if ye knew the consequences," Louis snapped, a little annoyed. "So, would ye like to come to the ship with me later? I can talk to Terrence there, and see how could yer aim is with a pistol and how well ye yield a cutlass."
7/9/2011 #46
TheFamiliarOne

Elka ignored his tone, not taking much mind to it. "I admit now, I have not the best aim with a pistol. We do not use them. However, we are taught to different weapons and illusions." She found it amusing how most saw the illusions as magic. And most sailors and pirates were a superstitious bunch. She had to use her 'magic' before, and she'd gladly do it again.

7/9/2011 #47
xXHistoryGeekXx

"That just might make up for yer aim," Louis said, nodding.

Will had been listening in on the conversation between Elka and Louis, and now decided to go confront the man. "'Ello," Will said to Louis, leaning against the table.

"Hello," Louis greeted.

"I 'eard you were lookin' for a crew," Will said, taking a seat.

"Aye," Louis said. "Why, are ye lookin' to join one?"

"That I am," Will said, smiling. "An' i's been provin' surprisingly difficult."

7/10/2011 #48
TheFamiliarOne

Elka watched as Will came over and listened to the two talk. She decided not to try to get something from Louis, as he was being fairly kind to her.

7/10/2011 #49
xXHistoryGeekXx

"Then ye can come with me and Elka here to the Repulse and we'll see what ye can do," Louis said, smiling at Will. "Terrence is rather... picky when it comes to a crew. He likes to have the best."

Will nodded and turned to Elka.

"So, yer thinkin' of joinin' a pirate crew, eh?" he asked her with a wide grin.

7/10/2011 #50
TheFamiliarOne

Elka shrugged at Wills question, "better than being stuck here. Besides, my only other way to leave has left me behind." Most of the other Gypsies had already left Tortuga to go to another Island.

7/10/2011 #51
xXHistoryGeekXx

Will nodded.

"Shall we go then?" Louis asked, standing up and tossing a few coins to one of the barmaids. "Before the sun gets too high and the heat too unbearable?"

7/10/2011 #52
TheFamiliarOne

Elka hopped off her chair and followed the two. She wrapped her scarf around her waist, finding it annoying on her head.

7/10/2011 #53
« Prev Page 1 2
Forum Moderators: xXHistoryGeekXx
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member