Unrequited
This is a general forum where various romance-oriented roleplays are done. They don't have to be sad, but it's the core of this story. Have fun being lovey dovey here
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Psychronia

The Story Scene Assistance topic. You can work out your plots and such here when you don't know how to keep writing.

9/10/2011 #1
Who Is This Girl Anyway

Taking a deep breath of the cool air, Moira closed her eyes and stepped out onto the street. It was dark, now. A light mist shimmered in the air. Music ran out onto the street. Rubbing her arms to combat the cold, she opened her eyes. The second she did, her face dropped.

The boy beside her was about her height, a few inches taller. A cigarette stuck out from between his thin lips as he smoked it, closing his eyes. In the darkness she couldn't see his eyes, but she knew they were blue.

"Of all the cafes in the bloody world, Trev, and you have to be in this one,"

9/10/2011 #2
Psychronia

The main characters are Joi and Aila. Joi being the guy who has a pretty intense affection for his childhood friend Aila.

--- He opened an eye and glanced over at her. "You're not even going to say hello? Nice to see you too." His eyes were softer at first, but immediately became unfriendly as he made his next observation.

"Of all the cafes you would choose, you chose to take your boyfriend to the one I worked at."

(I won't write too much since I still don't know much about his character. :P)

9/10/2011 #3
Who Is This Girl Anyway

(Okay. Who am I taking?)

"If I'd known I wouldn't be here," She turned her head. "Perfect. You know those things will kill you, don't you?"

9/10/2011 #4
Psychronia

Ah. Well I don't really have problems making the scene just yet. Right now I'm just trying to decide what scenes I want.

I just started writing the first chapter, so I want to give a feeling of their friendship right now. To answer though, you'd probably take Aila.

---

"Feh..." He took another breath just to go against her reccomendation. "Better this than him." He also looked away.

9/10/2011 #5
Who Is This Girl Anyway

"Him. I take it you mean James, then. You know James. Five foot ten, black, gaping stab wound in his back," she muttered. "Thought you were above that bollocks,"

X

Okay. What kind of personality does she have?

9/10/2011 #6
Psychronia

"Above what?" He didn't look at him. "I certainly didn't give him any sort of wound. Wish I did."

-

Hmm...In a single word, normal. Her personality isn't very concrete, but she's essentially supposed to be a normal person by everyone's standards.

She'll like the things most people like and follows the leader-trend or person. She's a bit distressed by Joi's affection since she can't feel anything because they grew up together.

9/10/2011 #7
Who Is This Girl Anyway

"You drew the line at helping the bastard who did," she muttered. "Are you the one sending the texts, too?"

X

So just average teen girl? Is she shy or outgoing or anything?

9/10/2011 #8
Psychronia

"Texts?" He used a voice of obviously fake curiosity.

(Was he?)

---

Hmm...not really shy, but just about as insecure as any other teenager.

9/10/2011 #9
Who Is This Girl Anyway

(I haven't decided. You can pick.)

"Watch out, bitch, careful you don't have an accident." she quoted. "So did you send those or just give them my number?"

X

OK. I've had a look at her character sheet. Do you want to start or shall I?

9/10/2011 #10
Psychronia

"I didn't do anything." He took another smoke uninterestedly.

---

Err...well we need a setting first. Actually, her character sheet can be ignored. It was just one of the personalities my friend came up with. I'd prefer your definition of "normal".

Well, we need to figure out where to start first. I was just looking for discussion, really.

9/10/2011 #11
Who Is This Girl Anyway

She stared at him, then leaned back against the wall.

"You must really hate me,"

X

Okay. Maybe in one of their rooms? Or in the park or something?

9/10/2011 #12
Psychronia

"Not at all. You're still my 'friend'. I just hate your friend." He replied as-a-matter-of-factly.

-

Okay...? But what's the point of the scene if we don't even know what we're doing? If we're doing it aimlessly, we might as well do a Joi-Aila roleplay. :P

9/10/2011 #13
Who Is This Girl Anyway

"The one you barely know who's just got out of hospital." she muttered. "And you hate the others like me, so I don't see why I'd be any different," She took a step away.

X

Well, what are you aiming for with the scene? Just setting the climate?

9/10/2011 #14
Psychronia

"You are different." He put out his cigarette. "At least you didn't act like them. Still don't, so I still like you."

-

Well, for now, I just want to show how casual their friendship is. Before Joi confesses, he's sorta the person Aila takes for granted. Joi's the good, reliable type-like a housewife I'd say. They have a daily routine together such as Joi meeting and walking with her to school and walking with her to home every day.

9/10/2011 #15
Who Is This Girl Anyway

"I feel so bloody special," she mumbled.

X

Okay, that works. :)

Shall we start with them walking to school, then?

9/10/2011 #16
Psychronia

"Don't you?" His voice was somewhat spiteful.

---

Hmm...well, I just want to figure out the scenes I want to write. I already did the meet up. I just don't know what else to show about their daily life.

9/10/2011 #17
Who Is This Girl Anyway

"Do you?" she asked. "Sniffing about with them, going after people you don't know just because? What, do you feel like a man doing that?" There was disgust in her voice, but also disappointment. "I sat there waiting for the ambulance not knowing if my friend was going to live or die. You know how that feels,"

X

Perhaps have her chatting to him about a boy she likes as a bit of dramatic irony?

9/10/2011 . Edited 9/10/2011 #18
Psychronia

"Just because...?" He glared angrily. "It's not 'just because'! It's because of this world, the way they are and the way they act. It's all broken." His voice was coldly bitter.

---

XD Sure. On the way I suppose. Do they take a bus or walk...?

9/10/2011 #19
Who Is This Girl Anyway

"And how is that his fault?" she retorted. "You're not helping anyone with this. You could get hurt,"

X

Walk, i'll go for.

9/10/2011 #20
Psychronia

"I don't care..." He took another breath. "Time to get back." He went in.

(I'm not sure how to do this. It might be better for him to not say the first part.)

---

Okay.

Joi smiled and waved. He was standing outside Aila's fence, as usual. "Ready?"

9/10/2011 #21
Who Is This Girl Anyway

(Possibly. It's okay, it's helping me test drive it. :))

"So how did they get my number if you didn't give them it?"

X

"Ready," she grinned, darting out towards him.

9/10/2011 #22
Psychronia

(:D)

"You don't even know who they are. Who knows? Maybe it's that boyfriend of yours?"

---

Joi smiled warmly and opened the gate for her.

9/10/2011 #23
Who Is This Girl Anyway

(:))

"Why do you hate him so much?" Her voice softened a little with curiosity.

X

She walked through it, tucking her hair back.

"What have we got first?"

9/10/2011 #24
Psychronia

"..." He hurried back into the cafe. "I'm back."

(A side note that it's possible to make a person comment that his break isn't over to show he's running away. XD Which he'll cut off to hide it.)

---

"Mmm...English." He smiled at her and walked with her down the street.

9/10/2011 #25
Who Is This Girl Anyway

(Good point.)

"That was a very quick break," someone commented.

X

"Crud, did we have homework?"

9/10/2011 #26
Psychronia

"So do you want me on the sink or taking orders?" He raised his voice and cut in.

---

"No, not today..."

9/10/2011 #27
Who Is This Girl Anyway

"Orders,"

X

"Thank God," She smiled. "You okay?"

X

Realising she was getting nowhere, Moira went back inside and sat down.

"Sorry about that, James,"

9/10/2011 #28
Psychronia

So we're done with this one?

Oh, and I'll need to go soon. If I disappear, don't wait for me.

---

"Yeah. I'm fine."

9/10/2011 #29
Who Is This Girl Anyway

Think so, unless you want to try James for a bit.

OK. :)

X

"Great." She closed her eyes for a second. "Urgh. I didn't sleep enough last night,"

9/10/2011 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Psychronia
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member