Divum Regni RP
Divum Regni, generally shortened to just Regni, is a land of magic, filled with beings of various races, humans, elves, orcs, lizardfolk, even dragons and the mysterious animalia An RP set in a world of my creation.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Nepezi. Kitten Extraordinaire

Title says it all

Name:

Species: (List of Species at the bottom of this post)

Description: (Appearance)

Personality:

Class: (Fighter, Rogue etc, list at bottom)

(If wizard:) Spells: (Once again, list is at bottom)

Weapon(s): (Must fit class, for example, a halfling rogue will not be using a war-axe twice his size)

Strength: (Not what you think, this isn't for fighting(but if your fighting strength and actual strength vary greatly, I will cyber-slap you) but for carrying things, if you are weaker physically (ex. Rogue, Priest) then you won't be able to carry as much as a stronger class (ex. Fighter) race also afffects this, for example, a human would be able to carry more than a halfling) This is out of 1-10, take rough estimate of Class strength (out of ten) and Race Strength (also out of ten) add them (out of twenty) and divide by two. Ex. Humans would be around 5-7/10, Fighter 8-10/10 so from 13/20 to 17/20, so from 6/10 to 9/10

Economic Class: (Dictates your level of equipment, for example, a poor person (say, a freedman or a farmer) would have little to no armor and weak if any weapons, while a high-class citizen (aristocrat, general) would have access to steel armor and weapons or if extremely wealthy, armor made from dragon scales (this is extremely difficult to obtain, don't try to start with it))

Extra Info: (any extras ie famous heritage, lack of small toe on right foot, lack of left ring finger, etc)

Other: (read the rules)

The Species, Human (Pretty average) Elves (Better with magic, weaker physically) Dwarves (Quite strong, magic uncommon but not overly rare) Trolls (Reclusive, magic is common) Goblins (Magic extremely rare, physically weak, fast) Gnomes (Smallest of all races, technologically advanced(but not to the point of modern day technology, almost up to flying machines) weak, magic rare) Golems (Huge, slow, very strong, no magic) Animalia (These are basically off-limits due to secretive nature and lack of contact with other races, only admins who prove themselves can have one, and you have to prove yourself to just become an admin) Undead (Unless vampire with a soul, a la Angel, essentially out of bounds, but if so, fast, strong, must feed on blood(supposed to stay away from humans) and unable to use magic) Lizardfolk (Desert, relatively strong and fast, Aquan, have difficulty breathing above land, can use magic) Aquata (Don't leave the water so people won't really be using them I would assume) Halfling (short, slightly taller than Dwarves, weak but fast, magic exceedingly rare) Dragons (same deal as Animalia except water dragons, they live near the aquan lizards and aquata, like above-landers, appreciate riddles and find above-landers amusing, cannot intentionally use magic, but can breathe fire) Orcs (Like to fight but still have decency and honour, just less strict than the humans or elves, magic is quite rare) Half-breeds (Some rarer than others, Human-elves are the most common and still pretty rare, half-breeding outside basic similarities is frowned upon (ie, Human-orcs, Dwarf-lizards) and don't try to justify having a water-dwelling races be more land-accessible with this, they will be born without lungs or gills and die, gee, what a happy thought)

The classes, most are quite obvious, Fighter (duh) Mage (duh) Thief (Another name for Rogue, still pretty duh-ish) Druid (animal-lover/shifter) Sorcerer (uses spirits) Witch (potions, can be males) Barbarians (more violent Fighters) Hunter (Tracker, Ranger, whatever you wanna call them, generally use spears, daggers and bows) Sentinels (Defenders, similar to Fighters but can take more damage and counter attacks, more resistant to magic than other classes) Shaman (Rituals and totems) Assassin (duh) Bard (Can play a variety of instruments to either bestow buffs upon his or her teammates or to just play in a town and get paid) Striker (Combination of Thief and Fighter, can take enemies off-guard with skill from strength, strength from stealth, stealth from size (ie, appearing to be all strength and no skill/speed which is a lie, being exremely sneaky when you could take everyone down in person, disappearing despite being extremely large) so basically being the perfect fighter, but you must graduate from education for every new set of awesomeness, even I will only have one, who is the teacher) You can choose to decide your class after education if you so wish

And the spells, for now only level one spells, Fire (small fireball) Water (either a stream of water or a quick burst) Wind (quick burst of wind, basically a weak force push) Earth (a shockwave through the ground) Stone (A rock being thrown at your target) Freeze (duh, but doesn't work on living things until upgraded) Sonic (a deafening sound, basically just a distraction unless being used on an elf, an animalia or bats) Light (a flash of bright light, a flashbang) Darkness (Turning invisible in shadows, moving makes you visible once more) These are just the basics, they all need to be perfected before graduating from the 1st level of Mage Education, once they are learned, they will be expanded to be more powerful and you will get the choice to advance in various directions of magic (ie Conjuration, Healing etc) If you attempt to be perfect at all spells instantly, your magic will be drained, you will have to restart and you will recieve a tempa-ban until your fourth offence, which is perma-ban

And for all to know, Thieves and Assassins are trained away from all the other classes and Strikers are taught away from all others, so they won't be able to mingle with each other until after school for the day

Also, the geography of the land won't be revealed until the majority of the students have graduated, so if you're the first to graduate, then you're trapped in the huge human city until the others get out, but I don't see why that's a problem, the only bad things would be (if you aren't human) a lack of your fellows, a lack of things to kill (unless you're an assassin) and of course, the lack of dragons, because the main human city is to the south of the human settlement on the edge of the ocean where the water dragons dwell, so yeah, and now, to disobey all the rules of races I have laid down, I'm going to start with a dolphin Aquata (no you can't have one) an animalia (of the avia variety(bird)) and a water dragon who has moved into the central river leaving the human city, the aquata and the avia have used magic to survive/hide (respectively) among the humans

All shops and schools (includes dojos and guilds and such) are run by NPCs controlled by me so people won't be ripped off or given free gifts, unless there is an eerily convenient sale going on

Adventurer: aw man, all I have is three gold coins

Shopkeep: (who didn't hear) all you need for only three gold coins, what a bargain!

yeah, that eerie

dragon eggs will be given to worthy adventurers, to prove that I am fair and awesome, but don't bother asking me for an egg, you won't get one, and if you do end up getting one, don't bother asking me for a certain type of dragon, I choose that too, I am the Divum, take it as what you think it means, whether the land or something else, you probably won't be right either way, and yes, I do get special privileges, for I am the almighty author and know how to tame dragons/coax animalians out/keep Aquata alive on land, I've taken up more space than was necessary haven't I? damn it, I do this every time

5/29/2011 . Edited 7/7/2011 #1
The Color Clear

Hello :), I'd just like to know if this forum lives.

6/29/2011 #2

it would but no-ones joined

6/29/2011 #3
The Color Clear

Wow...

Ok, so it'll take me awhile to fully read everything and post a character, but I'll do it...eventually :)

6/29/2011 #4

yeah, it just annoys me how people submit character sheets for things with barely any information, so I had to make sure I covered everything and told people that they have to do the majority of them, but that character sheet still isn't as large as mine, my character sheets take up a page and a hlf in a word document without havign anything filled in, so if I had descriptions for each stat, then I'd be looking at three+ pages

and I like to talk

6/29/2011 #5
The Color Clear

...I like to talk as well.

-silence-...JK

But I really don't understand what the strength is, I'll probably need some help with that. Oh, and I'm leaning towards making a priest right now...

6/29/2011 #6

encumbrance, for example, someone with low strength would have low encumbrance and so couldn't hold very much (ie a gnome) while someone with extremely high strength would have extremely high encumbrance and so could carry a lot (ie a golem)

6/29/2011 #7
The Color Clear

So if I were to make a witch...,metaphorically speaking here... would her weapon be potions? Also, does a witch use spells, or would she stick to potions?

And a priest if for healing, correct? If this is anything like maple story...

6/29/2011 #8

yes witches use such things as potions and curses, for example turning people into toads while apirest would be the same as a cleric from DnD, callign upo nthe power of their god for healing and other such things

6/29/2011 #9
The Color Clear

Gotcha. Now, I have a skeleton profile for a witch ready, although it seems a bit...small. Should I give post it here, or would you rather me PM it to avoid spamming this thread?

6/29/2011 #10

just post it here

6/29/2011 #11
The Color Clear

Yuppers. And before you say a thing, I'm pretty was pretty lost when creating this.

Name: Sheliese (Goes by She) Ellis.

Age: …Not sure. The average student age I suppose? 18, 19?

Species: Human

Description: Medium brown skin with short, curly violet hair. (Color changes from week to week). She's of average height, and has a beauty mark at the corner of her left eye. Has a slim, boyish build, and from behind she can be mistaken for a boy if wearing the right clothing.

Personality: A bit too friendly, she oversteps bounds and doesn't know where the 'line' is. She's also shameless, and has very little empathy. Enjoys getting what she wants, even at the expense of others, although she's relatively loyal, and realistic (I.e. She won't fight or mess with anything stronger than her). A bit sly.

Class: Witch.

Spells: Well, I was thinking she'd be more of a potion sort of witch. But if she does, it would be the weak puff of wind.

Weapon(s): …Potions? Maybe a medium sized machete (Which she isn't very adept with) on the side?

Life Choice: Education (Woot)

Career: …Witch?

Strength: 4/10?

Economic Class: Upper lower class... If that makes sense?

Extra Info: Dislikes being touched. All of her toenails and fingernails are painted eggshell yellow.

Other: What was it…FluffyCakes? Fiddly-widdly…Sure hope one of those is right.

6/29/2011 #12

that's pretty good, you got just about everything dead on, except the spells, you dont really need that, it's only for the wizards though it is possible for other classes to learn them, you could learn some if yo uwanted, ah yes, I forgot to put down the speels eheh

and yes, upper lower class does make sense, essentially, rich among poor people, but still rather poor compared to rich people

and it's Flippy-Whippy, bu you only need one, and you used fluffycakes which is correct!

(fanfare)

so accepted

Edit: turns out the spells are already there

P.S. why do I always accidentally spell spells speels?

6/29/2011 . Edited 6/29/2011 #13
The Color Clear

Woot. And now I wait for...you to post a character? You to post in the RP thread? An earthquake? Whatever, it's 1AM and I'm bout to sleep.

6/29/2011 #14

heh, alright, you can go to bed and I'll get to work on my character, then we can get started on the RP

6/29/2011 #15

Three OCs, though two technically count as ne, you will see why

Name: Alleera

Species; Avia Animalia (I'm a mod, deal with it)

Description: Yellow helmet with green slits for eyes that shows that she does in fact have a hooked beak, some brown feathers on her throat, a golden pendant of a phoenix that appears to be flaming, royal blue tunic that is white from her shoulder to her wrist, brown leather gloves, black leggings, leather boots, can use magic to appear human in which her throat and head take on the form of a young woman with blonde hair and blue eyes

Personality: Secretive, antisocial to most people

Class: Knows basic druidry from her family heritage of animals, is learning mageness

Spells: Fire, Sonic (though she doesn't like to use it) and Camoflage to appear human

Weapon: Hidden dagger, can use a bow though hse doesn't often carry one

Life Choice: Niether, can't afford education and has no wish to stay in one place

Strength: 5/10

Econ Class: no money

Extra: Staring too long at her pendant may cause complete obedience to phoenixes, deteriation of the brain and lack of motor skills, it was specially crafted to do these exact things

Other: FLUFFYCAKES, I didn't say that because i needed to, I just love that word ^-^

and also

Name: Nala & Lana (the Twins)

Species: Dark Elf (Drow, whatever you wanna call it, basically the same as regular elves but with black(like pitch-black) skin and white/silver hair)

Description: Pitch-black skin, Nala has long white hair that falls to her lower back, Lana's hair is short and only falls to her shoulders (there's a story behind that) both wear black leather armour and fingerless black leather gloves, they both have shining blue eyes (a rarity among drows)

Personality: both are eternally curious and childish, though Lana has an apprehension with anything to do with dragons or deep dark caves (part of the same mentioned story)

Class: both Rogues

Life Choice: Career

Career: Dancers/Thieves

Strength: 8/10 (combined)

Econ class: Lower class

Extra; Both are completely loyal to Alleera and follow her wherever she goes

Other: DOUBLE FLUFFYCAKES WOOTZ

hmm, should i accept them or not?

that was stupid of me to say

DAMMIT I TOOK UP MORE SPACE THAN WAS NECESSARY AGAIN

6/30/2011 #16
The Color Clear

So I suppose we should start the RP, although I honestly have no idea how out characters will interact, seeing as mine is in Education and both of yours are wandering the world. Eh, but since you'r the ADMIN!!!!! I'll leave that to you :P

6/30/2011 #17

on the way to school i guess, but should i introduce Alleera or the twins first?

6/30/2011 #18
The Color Clear

Your call, I'd go with the twins though.

6/30/2011 #19

the twins it is

6/30/2011 #20
The Color Clear

Mmm'kay, oh, and I'll let you post first.

6/30/2011 #21

tch, the only thing stopping me from posting was that i thought you'd want to post first

6/30/2011 #22
The Color Clear

Nah, I'm still pretty iffy on the rules and the actual world this forum is in, so it'll take awhile before I really get into this (Most of my other forums are on FF or Romance, lolz)

6/30/2011 #23

well ,so far, you seem to be capable of upholding the rules, but can you manage to not ru naround the pool?

that was ajoke, not a very good one but that's me for ya, alright I'll get to work

6/30/2011 #24
The Color Clear

Lol, it's kool, although I just got my hair done so you won't catch me within 1 mile of a pool. -inner girl rears head-

7/1/2011 #25

(slowly pushes kiddie pool towards you)

7/1/2011 #26
The Color Clear

Oh shiznit, you posted yesterday. Probably should've noticed that...

-slowly reaches into purse and removes .22-...I'm serious about my hair :P

7/1/2011 #27

(pulls the kiddie pool back)

7/1/2011 #28
The Color Clear

Bahaha. There's nothing like threatening strangers to get you through the day.

7/1/2011 #29

D: how dare you call me a stranger

7/1/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Nepezi. Kitten Extraordinaire BandGeek333
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member