The Cafeteria
Just a place where you can advertise any young adult stories you'd like more people to read.... Or talk about anything regarding this broad genre lol...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
KittyLuck

So I wrote a complete short story. The aim was to put myself into another mind mentally and emotionally. To work out issues people have and some I had personally. It was meant as a experiment short story, I am new at writing, but I feel I hit something good when I wrote it. Started out ok then near the end went complete emoish and the effect was kinda lost. I couldn't even finish the end I had planned.

The substitute ending is ok, even though I feel like I pushed it a little too far at the end, but I keep going back to my story and wanting to add more. There are other thoughts, other issues and other psyches that I want to explore with that story, but continuing it might ruin something good.

I contimplated starting over but I like the character created and the world I put her into. I find myself sometimes living a little in that world.

So when to continue a story, and when to leave it be and start another?

(also since I think I am allowed to advertise in this section, the story I am talking about is called "Mumblings" titled cuz the way it was written, a semi-random thought process that leads from one event to the next.)

7/20/2010 #1
Forum Moderators: Enigmatic Night
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member