The Cafeteria
Just a place where you can advertise any young adult stories you'd like more people to read.... Or talk about anything regarding this broad genre lol...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic

So I wrote a complete short story. The aim was to put myself into another mind mentally and emotionally. To work out issues people have and some I had personally. It was meant as a experiment short story, I am new at writing, but I feel I hit something good when I wrote it. Started out ok then near the end went complete emoish and the effect was kinda lost. I couldn't even finish the end I had planned.

The substitute ending is ok, even though I feel like I pushed it a little too far at the end, but I keep going back to my story and wanting to add more. There are other thoughts, other issues and other psyches that I want to explore with that story, but continuing it might ruin something good.

I contimplated starting over but I like the character created and the world I put her into. I find myself sometimes living a little in that world.

So when to continue a story, and when to leave it be and start another?

(also since I think I am allowed to advertise in this section, the story I am talking about is called "Mumblings" titled cuz the way it was written, a semi-random thought process that leads from one event to the next.)

7/20/2010 #1
Forum Moderators: Enigmatic Night
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member