The Citadel
An open community where Fictionpress members can come for writing-related help and conversation with fellow writers.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Jealous Rage

Let's try this out.

Just introduce yourself here. Let us know whatever you think is relevant about yourself.

Once you've posted here, feel free to check out all the other threads. Want to share a cool song? Head over to 'Music'. Want to talk about the latest episode of your favourite show? We've got 'Movies and Television' for that. And if you want to engage in some friendly conversation with the rest of us, visit 'Speak', which is our general chatting thread.

8/15/2011 . Edited 4/4/2013 #1
Jealous Rage

I think it would be a good idea to come up with some kind of blanket introduction form for everyone to fill out. Keep this thread at least semi-ordered. So here we go.

Name: Don

A Little About You: A farily normal guy who like to read and write, with a passion for metal music and most sports. I live in Canada, and spend most of my time indoors. I also have a fucked up sleeping schedule.

Preferred Genres (Write): Supernatural, Fantasy (urban), Horror

Preferred Genres (Read): Supernatural, Fantasy (urban), Horror, Military, Political

Anything Else?: Nope, that's pretty much it.

8/17/2011 . Edited 11/30/2011 #2
Nesasio

Name: Lyra. Sort of. Close enough.

A little about you: I write for fun. I'm better at picking apart other people's stories for editing and revisions than I am writing but I try. I'm out of college and looking for a job in my field. No luck yet. Bah.

Preferred Genres to write: Horror, General, Fantasy, Supernatural, Nonfiction Essay

Preferred Genres to read: Horror, Supernatural, Fantasy, Scifi, Action, Angst, anything with death and destruction....

Anything else: I talk about my dog a lot. I'm allergic to red food dye. I like tvtropes.org. Nope, can't think of anything else.

8/17/2011 . Edited 8/17/2011 #3
Tekla

Name: Sheriff

A Little About You: Music major (I play bassoon), editing minor, hockey/Blackhawks fan. I claim the Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Pokemon and Percy Jackson fandoms. And I'm a little bit weird.

Preferred Genres (Write): I don't even know. Siren's currently listed as Thriller, but it's not really. Supernatural's up next tho.

Preferred Genres (Read): Pretty much everything... as long as there's not a ton of swearing and explicit detail on um, bad things. :D

Anything Else?: I like scarves. and tumblr. :D AND you just lost the game. huzzah!

8/19/2011 #4
Archangel-Mistress

Name:Liara (pen names on username)

A Little About You: a crazy girl of strange character and spontaneous humor or ideas, very lively. Creative addict who loves to read, write, listen to music and indulge in art. I spend my time residing between a small town in lancashire and a city bradford due to uni life.

Preferred Genres (Write):fantasy, adventure, action, romance, angst. supernatural.

Preferred Genres (Read):fantasy, action, romance, humor, supernatural.

Anything Else?:i am partially nocturnal and my mind never stops thinking or imagining.

9/22/2011 #5
Jealous Rage

Welcome, Liara.

9/28/2011 #6
A Fire Rose

Hi. I go by Rose here, I suppose. I have a cold. I love reading classics. I always write with a seashore load of sensory detail. And my dog just woke up. And I'm twenty.

10/9/2011 #7
Jealous Rage

Welcome, Rose.

10/10/2011 #8
Lily M.J. Fae
Lily 16 Crazy teenage girl. Writing is a passion as is reading. Fantasy read and write. Romancr
12/3/2011 #9
FrostKnight
Hey, guys, I'm FrostKnight! But you can call me Frost, or Knight, I don't really care. XD Well, I am a fanatasy author, and I live for reading and writing. I also love Supernatural (tv show) and Sherlock Holmes. Those are my obssessions, people. So that's me, I guess.
2/28/2012 #10
Jealous Rage

Welcome, Frost.

3/5/2012 #11
Aristaeus
My pen name is Inspired-fighter, but I often go by Harley if you don't know me personally. I'm still young enough to be in high school and don't really plan to do anything with my life that involves writing. I actually want to major in stage theatre or earn my bar liscence. I love to read tragedy, romance, young-adult and mystery novels, as well as super-natural. I don't really 'dislike' any kind of story, if I don't like it, I won't read it. Simple as that. I'm a pretty honest, yet kind, open person and don't mind to talk to anyone and whatever. :)
3/8/2012 #12
Vivace.Assai

Name: My pen name is Vivace.Assai, or you can just call me Vivace if you like.

A little about you: Well, I write for relaxation, though once I start writing, I tend to ignore everything else around me. It's a problem, really. I also love to read stories and listen to soundtracks and showtunes.

Preferred Genres to write: Fantasy, Mystery, Supernatural, Adventure

Preferred Genres to read: Fantasy, Supernatural, Some Romance, Classic Literature, anything really with good writing and a thought provoking plot

Anything else: I surf the Internet reading plot summaries when bored. Wikipedia is my friend. I want to travel the world. That's about it for now.

3/26/2012 #13
Jealous Rage

Welcome to the Cemetery Gates, Vivace.

4/10/2012 #14
Alexandrianna
Hey...I'm new to all of this and I've been writing almost forever...I understand things more in writing than hearing someone explain it...To me writing is everything...It keeps me sane...My life has been hell though I'm still young and I have seen a lot of the cruelty people are capable of and I try to write a fantasy or escape where things may be better for everyone and hint in the pieces of the cruelty that could be much worse..."When you think you have it bad, there's always someone who has it worse"...So, I hope that maybe you guys can help me out a little bit with understanding the site...XOXO Alexandrianna...
4/13/2012 #15
Jealous Rage

Welcome to the Cemetery Gates, Alexandrianna.

4/13/2012 #16
A. Gray

Hi. I'm AJ. and stuff.

I like to write and am working on a new experiment that requires reader directional input. Other than that I like to read and review (but I can be harsh...). Um... yeah not really much else to say. :)

4/25/2012 #17
Jealous Rage

Hey, AJ.

4/25/2012 #18
Zoe Asher

Hey.

Name: Zoe

A Little About Myself: Sweeping people off their feet with a black belt in sarcasm. Though I try to be nice as of lately. Too many people are telling me that my honesty isn't really appreciated. And I still keep on being blunt. I'm stubborn like that. I like to read, write and paint touchy subjects in a humorous light. Some people think that I'm capable of being really serious.

Preferred Genres (Write): Don't really have any though I can't imagine myself writing poetry. That's just not my thing. Or manga. Actually, I have no idea what manga even is. So, everything else I prefer. I think.

Preferred Genres (Read): I'm not very picky though I tend to avoid horror stories. Nightmares just ain't fun even if some really dark and twisted thoughts tend to leave my mind from time to time. And, obviously, I don't read manga. Really, what is manga?

Anything Else?: I have a cat. He's got into a fight with some other cats and they almost ripped off his ear. I almost had a panic attack when I saw his adorable little self all bloody and miserable. But he's okay now.

7/4/2012 #19
Jealous Rage

Welcome, Zoe.

7/4/2012 #20
God of shadows

Hello! First time I actually visits the General forum

Ok, here we go.

Name: You can call me GoS

Old: Not yet, but that's maybe depending on from whom's perspective :D I'm 20, 21 this(2012) december.

A little 'bout myself: Love metal, though a huge part pretty many are fighting about if it is metal or not. Really like roleplaying, both pnp and computer/console. Read some manga/manwha, "common" comics, and can eat almost anything, also if it's combined with each other And some day I just wanna take a nonstop walk, just to see how far I will get

Preferred Genres (writing): Fantasy, mostly epic fantasy, but also parody, little sci-fi and psuedo-fantasy(or whatevertheheck it's called).

Preferred Genres (reading): Fantasy, mostly epic fanta... actually, the same as above

Anything else: Well... hm... can create a story just out of the air, but are terrible lazy about writing it down ' Treat me with cakes, and I'll be yours forever... damn! Now they know my secret *runs through the room, trips and fall, rise and continue running to the couch, jumps over it and hides behind. "Are they gone?"*

7/8/2012 #21
Jealous Rage

Welcome to Just Killing Time, GoS.

7/8/2012 #22
God of shadows

Thanks :) And I hope we will be doing more than just killing time :D

7/8/2012 #23
Jealous Rage

For sure. Just jump into the threads. The forum isn't very active, unfortunately. But once people get going, I'm hoping things will pick up.

7/8/2012 #24
Silvia Hearten Calen

Hi,

Name: Silvia, but you can also call me Sil, Silv, etc.

A little about you: When I was younger, I never dreamt I would ever pick up a pen and start writing. Believe it or not, what got me started was Twilight when it first came out. Don't judge, I enjoy the books and Ms. Meyer's twist on vampires but I have a rather low opinion of the movies. I have had a complicated and hard life, but I'm still smiling. :D I tend to look on the bright side of things, or at least that's what everyone tells me.

Preferred Genres to write: For the most part, supernatural or fantasy with action/adventure, romance, angst, mystery thrown into it. Quite literally, sometimes my stories decide what genre they fit into rather than me.

Preferred Genres to read: Really, almost anything really. As long as it's written well or has a good/interesting plot to it. If I don't like something, I stop reading it without a word.

Anything else?: Hmm, well I would like very much be able to finish one of my long-term stories, but so many ideas pop into my head that I'm unable to focus for very long on any of them. Maybe anyone has some tips for my predicament? Oh yeah! I also never thought I'd ever join a forum, but I figure what the heck? This looks like it could a lot of fun! :)

7/11/2012 #25
Jealous Rage

Welcome to Just Killing Time, Silvia.

7/11/2012 #26
FrostKnight

Name: Call me Frost :)

A Little About You: Slightly insane; I'm not afraid to say it. I'm horrible at talking to people, so I'm a fairly quiet person. I love any type of rock/classic rock/metal/power rock etc (IE: Blacklisted Me, Icon For Hire, Asking Alexandria, Black Veil Brides, Led Zepplin, Metallica..... I also like a bit of electronic. I may be a bit of a sociopath at times, a little crazy at others. It switches.

Preferred Genres (Write): Fantasy, supernatural, a bit of horror. I'm just now getting into slash.

Preferred Genres (Read): Supernatural, historic fiction, manga, classic British literature, criminal profiling, etc.

Anything Else?: There's not really much else.

7/14/2012 #27
triptych317

Name: triptych317, but you can call me Trip if you want :D

A Little About You: I'm crazy, weird, slowly becoming more outgoing, and I like making new friends all the time! I'm deeply in love with music, I like anime, extreme sports, and a whole bunch of other stuff. My mind goes in a lot of different directions, but that's why I write :)

Preferred Genres (Write): I'll write pretty much anything. I mostly write romance and femslash, but if I were challenged to write in another genre, I wouldn't mind at all.

Preferred Genres (Read): Mystery/Suspense thrillers, manga, romance (young adult, not smut), chick lit, gay/lesbian

Anything Else?: Nope, not that I know of!

7/26/2012 #28
Jealous Rage

Welcome to Just Killing Time, Trip.

7/30/2012 #29
buddyBatmanWW

Name: buddyBatmanWW

A Little About You: Read Read Read Read Read Write Write Write Write Write Science Art Music. And for a living, I work as a Software Development Engineer. So you can add Computers to the previous list!

Preferred Genres (Write): Thrillers, Mystery, Love Poetry

Preferred Genres (Read): Romance, Mystery, Action, and almost any genre of poetry

Anything Else?: Well if you have been to fanfiction and love the genre Justice League X Batman, you see me listed in the authors as 'buddyBatmanWW'. I had been writing fanfiction for the last 2 years (about 165 chapters altogether in 15 stories). But I do have a flare for original fiction and poetry, and that's what I want to explore and nurture here. You can call me 'buddy', I'd prefer that! Hope to make some great friends here and learn a lot from them!

8/14/2012 . Edited 8/14/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Jealous Rage Nesasio
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member