The Citadel
An open community where Fictionpress members can come for writing-related help and conversation with fellow writers.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Nesasio

Random thought:

We should have a tumblr series of shorts called Fun with Psychics where we get to write all the stupid little ways Hailey and Kane can screw with Anton. Top of the list: emovampire!Anton and Kane telling Anton that he once killed Bond.

/mostlyjoking

8/19/2011 #31
Jealous Rage

We should do that. Take turns writing them. It would give us at least a little practice writing each other's characters, even if it's only describing their reactions to a story or whatever.

8/19/2011 #32
Jealous Rage

Any thoughts on other topics for the Tumblr shorts?

8/21/2011 #33
A Fire Rose

I'm not familiar with the site, sorry :-/

I wanted to ask what draws each of you into a story.

8/25/2011 #34
Jealous Rage

Personally, I like a lot of well-written violence, and characters who aren't obviously good or evil. Combine those two elements with a plot involving lots of Supernatural or Fantasy-type beings, and you'll have the kind of story I'm drawn into.

8/25/2011 #35
Tekla

start the plot off right away and keep me guessing. if there's ever a point where everything is solved, I'm bored and the book should end. also, the less cliches you can do, the better. any high school/drama will be chucked immediately. XD

Any thoughts on other topics for the Tumblr shorts?

threesomes! :D

... yeah I'll keep thinking about that.

8/25/2011 #36
Nesasio

To start with, it needs an interesting narrator. Regardless of content, I'll give a good narrator a chance any time.

8/25/2011 #37
Jealous Rage

I'm torn between working on a new story, or working on chapter 10 of South of Heaven. I think I'm going to flip a coin to decide. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

9/5/2011 #38
Jealous Rage

Writing today, on chapter 10. I've pushed past the part that was slowing me down and am finally into the fight scene with Kane, Adrianna, and the shadow demons. Good times.

9/19/2011 #39
Tekla

I'm at the flashback! :D and thankfully everybody involved is less weepy this time around. huzzah!

hopefully I can get some work done on it today since I'm unable to move and therefore go anywhere! :D

9/20/2011 #40
Tekla

ahaha *brick'd* I got halfway through chapter 27 and realized I didn't know where I needed to have patty go next XD

although, I did hit the end of the previous section-outline I had with the last chapter, so my next step might be to work that out before I start writing again, think about potential things to add and whatnot. I'm not sure that a whole lot will be added in the end; it's pretty much a straight shot from here to the end, I think. probably, oh... seven chapters?

exciting stuff, man.

9/26/2011 #41
Jealous Rage

Making progress on chapter ten. I've got about 2k words down and the battle with the shadow demons is about to commence. I'm hoping to have the chapter completed and posted by Friday or Sunday.

9/28/2011 #42
A Fire Rose

I am writing a discussion scene, and attempting to break it up with some movement or visuals to keep it from getting monotonous. Any tips?

10/9/2011 #43
Jealous Rage

Have the characters doing something, some activity, while talking. Taking a walk, playing catch, watching a movie; something that you can talk about in the narrative in between the dialogue. Or, depending on the POV, you can have your narrator notice things about the other character(s) as they're talking, which would also effectively break up the dialogue.

10/10/2011 #44
Tekla

halfway through 33 now (final chapter woo!) even though I hate the guts out of 32 -__-; best to step away from it for a while I think. in the meantime, figuring out something exciting for chapter 7 isn't going so smoothly either....

I think unless I get some rockin' reviews on my earlier chapters, asking tons of questions and things that I might be able to answer in this chapter, I may take a short break from Sirens altogether. (which would be depressing, but coming back to it with a clean slate would probably be beneficial.)

10/10/2011 #45
Jealous Rage

Yeah, taking a break can be a good thing. Let's you see things more clearly sometimes, once you come back to it, for sure.

10/14/2011 #46
I Kind of Deleted My Account

Just don't write only for other people. Write because you feel like it, because you want to. Writing solely for other people isn't that fun.

You should take breaks every now and then. It may help you feel more creative, or you may just have writer's block and need to think for a while. I have random periods where I write like mad, and random periods where I can't write at all.

11/20/2011 #47
Jealous Rage

Working on a new story. Hoping to get chapter 2 done and posted tonight, but we'll see how it plays out. I know where it's going at least, so that might help me get it done.

11/30/2011 #48
Tekla

Don!

I need you to look at the googledoc for the DP, I have what I have of ch4 up right now and there are some details I'm sketch about.

also kane's dialogue is sometimes hard for me to write and this is one of those instances. don't judge.

12/1/2011 #49
Jealous Rage

All right, I'm checking it out now.

12/2/2011 #50
Jealous Rage

Done, and did a little editing. I left a few notes, or comments or whatever haha.

12/2/2011 #51
Tekla

ohey look a new page.

dunno if you backread but lyra thinks we should all tweak our char's dialogue so it sounds more like ours, XD this was more of a this-is-how-the-discussion-should-go type template, but there you have it.

12/2/2011 #52
Jealous Rage

I did tweak Kane's dialogue a bit. You're the only one, other than me, who has written for him up to this point, so it'll just be you and Lyra editing each other's stuff now haha.

12/2/2011 #53
Jealous Rage

Two things. One: major revision of South of Heaven. I'm halfway through chapter five, and it's starting to get hard. There are no more little tweaks I can do; everything is major at this point. And two: new story. It's in the very preliminary stages, but I'm liking it. I'll let you guys no more once I've actually got a solid start down.

4/10/2012 #54
Jealous Rage

Made it through the rest of chapter five and all of chapter six while editing today. It's getting really messed up now haha. I'm having to rewrite large sections, ones that either involved characters I've removed, or make reference to events I've already taken out. Definitely getting more challenging to keep everything completely coherent.

4/13/2012 #55
Tekla

I'm now in the part in Sirens where I struggled to get through the rewrite, so it's a lot more jumbled than I previously thought.

editing will thus being long, tedious, and annoying. XD

4/13/2012 #56
Jealous Rage

I got through chapter 8 the other day. It wasn't too bad, since it was mostly Kane and Adrianna. Just had to change a few names near the end, and take out some unnecessary words.

4/20/2012 #57
Tekla

I think I need to initiate a write-off.

maybe since lyra's not too productive nowadays either, it might help us both.

4/29/2012 #58
Nesasio

Too bad we can't finish the DP before you leave.

4/29/2012 #59
Jealous Rage

I was thinking about starting a new DP, to develop Nick Snider a little bit before I start the new story.

4/29/2012 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Jealous Rage Nesasio
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member