The Citadel
An open community where Fictionpress members can come for writing-related help and conversation with fellow writers.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Jealous Rage

This is the place to go if you're looking for a review. There are a few simple rules to keep everything moving smoothly, and to make sure everybody gets a review. The thread will follow this basic structure: you review the person who posted above you, and can then request a review on a piece of your own.

Person 1:

I reviewed "Story Title 1".

Please review "Story Title 2".

Person 2:

I reviewed "Story Title 2".

Please review "Story Title 3".

And so on from there.

Things to keep in mind:

The thread could move quickly, so please check back before sending your review. If two people review the same piece and post here, somebody's going to get skipped. Whoever posted first is the next person up. Whoever posts second in that situation is shit out of luck. You get nothing for your effort and your post will be deleted. So check before you post.

There is no minimum requirement for the reviews you give or recieve. But this shit is done in an effort to help each other improve our stories and overall writing ability. Leave as detailed a review as you can. If you're just here to give fucking one-liners so you can bump up your own review count, I'll ban you. There's enough shit like that on other forums. If that's all you want, please go to one of them instead.

You only have to review one chapter. It doesn't matter how many chapters the story in question is. You review one chapter and you get one of your chapters reviewed in turn.

You can request reviews for somebody else's work if you want to.

Try not to clutter the thread up with unnecessary bullshit. We have a lot of other threads for that.

If you have a problem with something that happened in this thread or anything like that, PM me. Don't bring it up here. Any posts like that will be deleted.

No reserving spots. You only post after you've reviewed. Any posts that attempt to reserve spots will be deleted.

8/17/2011 . Edited 2/18/2013 #1
Jealous Rage

(Reserved)

9/5/2011 . Edited 2/18/2013 #2
Jealous Rage

Top three pieces I'd like reviews for:

1. South of Heaven

2. Waking Up the Devil

3. A Declaration

9/5/2011 #3
Jealous Rage

(Bump)

9/28/2011 #4
A Fire Rose

May rate yours, depending on how they earned their M rating.

I still need to finish what I'd like reviewed :-/

10/9/2011 #5
Tekla

primarily, Sirens. over the next few months I'll upload all 33 chapters and then I'd really like it to be torn apart, but feel free to read as it comes.

and if that doesn't tickle yer fancy, Acceptable Insanity is just a one-shot collection if you're interested in something short but worthwhile.

beyond that, I'm not really looking for feedback on anything else at the mo'. :)

10/9/2011 #6
Jealous Rage

May rate yours, depending on how they earned their M rating.

Violence. Lots of violence.

10/10/2011 #7
ScarletRose7865

So I've only written one book, Dimensions, But I would really like a review of it. You said you would take it into consideration, so I'll give you a few facts about the book. Hopefully you'll want to read it then :)

main character: Katya. She is born into a future dystopian society, in a dimension created by the US government. It is run by criminals, and anything that is good is considered bad. So say you help save a life or something, you'll either be killed or banished. Katya tries to start a revolution against the government and ends up discovering a huge secret.

rating: It is M, because it does deal with prostition/rape, murder, etc.

genre: It is a sci-fi thriller sort of book, but its also on the pyschological side.

Thanks again! Hopefully you'll review.

7/14/2012 #8
Moonlight Aschera

Can you review my stories:

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3050891/1/Tentative_Whispers_of_Insanity

and

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3050890/1/Midnight_Hearts_Academy

I only did a little cause i need to know whether i had a reason to continue or not. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Oh and i could review your stories too. If you want

8/17/2012 #9
Jealous Rage

I think this thread has been a failure haha.

8/19/2012 #10
D.A. Dement

Requesting reviews for my story, Marcellus. Will return reviews ASAP!

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3079435/1/Marcellus

Title: Marcellus

Rating: M (graphic violence and future content)

It's a bit of a long read, especially for the first chapter (atleast, I think so), but it's worth it.

12/2/2012 #11
Carolina Martinez

Can anyone review my stories?:

The Disappearance It's rated K plus. The main characters are more or less kitsune, and if you don't know what that is the new chapter I'm posting will give some information. The genres are Supernatural and Adventure. :D

I also have another story called Maria's Life which is based on me. It's more or less about what happened to me which started when school started for me. Also rated K plus, and the genres are Drama and Comedy. I think it's Comedy because some of the events are more or less funny, some you'd have to witness it in person to appreciate. Anyway, hope you consider reviewing mine and better yet, actually review it. :D

I'm willing to return the favor to whoever reviews mine. Constructive criticism is appreciated, I can take honest criticism.

2/2/2013 . Edited 2/2/2013 #12
Jealous Rage

Clearly this thread has turned into a simple "Please review this" thread. I don't mind that. Just as long as everybody realizes they actually aren't likely to get any reviews haha.

With that in mind, if anybody decides they'd like to review me, I'm really only looking for feedback on:

1. Fast and Loose

2. South of Heaven

3. Don't Judge

2/17/2013 . Edited 2/17/2013 #13
Carolina Martinez

Yeah, well... Mine still hasn't gotten any reviews from here, I only got reviews from invitations to review mine. I'm going to try to review every single person on this thread (which isn't much), though, to just make these people happier.

2/18/2013 #14
Jealous Rage

Okay, here's what we're going to do. I'm restructuring this entire thread. I'm going to put the new rules in the first post. Everybody read those before posting here.

Under the new rules, I'll get the ball rolling:

Please review either Nomad or Mountain Dawn by Nesasio.

2/18/2013 . Edited 2/18/2013 #15
Carolina Martinez

I reviewed Mountain Dawn by Nesasio. Please review the Disappearance or Maria's Life by Carolina Martinez (me), preferably The Disappearance.

2/19/2013 #16
lookingwest

Reviewed The Disappearance, Ch. 3.

Please review Dream Baby Dream, thanks.

7/16/2013 . Edited 1/4 #17
Forum Moderators: Jealous Rage Nesasio
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member