The Citadel
An open community where Fictionpress members can come for writing-related help and conversation with fellow writers.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Jealous Rage

A place to talk about anything related to movies or television. The last things you watched, any upcoming shows or movies you're excited for. Your favourite, your least favourite. Movie reviews. Anything at all.

9/5/2011 . Edited 9/23/2012 #1
Jealous Rage

The last movie I watched was Zombieland. I like that movie, despite my dislike of Jesse Eisenberg. That dude just rubs me the wrong way, him and Michael Cera. Something in me just wants to punch them both. But aside from that, I enjoyed Zombieland. A lot of stupid comedy and a solid performance from Woody Harrelson really made me enjoy this film. And the scene where Bill Murray gets shot is hilarious. Zombie movies generally aren't my favourite, since they seem like such stupid monsters to me, but this one was good.

9/5/2011 . Edited 9/5/2011 #2
Jealous Rage

Currently watching Team America: World Police, for around the fiftieth time. What can I say? I just love this movie haha. It's hilarious. Always been a big fan of South Park, so it makes sense that I like this one. Definitely recommend this one if you like SP. (Not Sheriff-Appropriate haha)

Matt Damon!

9/5/2011 #3
Tekla

(Not Sheriff-Appropriate haha)

(thank you!)

9/5/2011 #4
Jealous Rage

Tonight, I plan to rewatch Fast and Furious, the fourth installment in that franchise. I didn't really like it when I first saw it, but I've watched it a couple times since then and it's really grown on me. Big fan of Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. Never been into cars really big, but the storyline of the movie is pretty decent. Honestly, I just like watching people get the shit kicked out of them haha. I think Fast 5 is coming out on DVD soon, so I'll be picking that one up as well. (Or illegally downloading it. Whatever works.)

9/6/2011 #5
Jealous Rage

Might watch Thor tonight. If not, then definitely on Wednesday. I've been hearing that it's actually not bad, so we'll see.

9/19/2011 #6
Jealous Rage

Still haven't seen Thor, but I plan to download it either tonight or on Friday. I've got two days off after tomorrow, so I'm hoping to watch a few movies I haven't seen yet. Thor is at the top of the pile, followed by Fast 5 and the 3rd Transformers movie (mostly to see if it's as bad as I've heard).

9/28/2011 #7
A Fire Rose

Courageous hit theaters last weekend. Man, that was a tear-jerker, but also pretty funny. Can't wait until I can own it.

10/9/2011 #8
Tekla

Ooh! I finally watched Tron. I liked the male dude. He was tasty. :9

Visuals were impressive, dialogue was occasionally "... are you serious?" and plot was basic. Decent overall I thought, and the soundtrack was catchy as heck.

Hm... 8.5/10, I think. Since I'm nice about these sorts of things. XD

10/9/2011 #9
Jealous Rage

Finally saw Fast Five on Thursday. It was on sale where I work, so I bought it.

Great movie. Lots of action, fairly good dialogue, and they cut down significantly on the cars. This one was much more plot-driven than the other four were, which I like. Vin Diesel got to kick some ass again, and had a pretty epic fight against Dwayne Johnson. There were some places where I thought the lighting could have been better, but overall, it was pretty good.

I'm gonna give this one 9/10. I was entertained.

10/10/2011 #10
Jealous Rage

I finally watched the three original Star Wars films the other day. I'd only seen bits and pieces before, never the whole trilogy. And now that I've seen it, I say this: I understand the appeal of it and why people would like it, but for me, there was just too much stupidity, annoying characters, and just general plot issues. So, sorry Star Wars nerds; it just isn't for me.

1/4/2012 . Edited 1/9/2012 #11
Jealous Rage

I haven't watched any movies lately, but I've really been into the show Archer. It is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. And smart funny too, not all fart jokes and shit like that. It's not really Sheriff-appropriate, I'm afraid, but others should check it out.

4/10/2012 #12
Vivace.Assai

I hardly watch any movies anymore, but just last week I checked out the over-hyped Hunger Games film. It was interesting as a whole and the costumes were pretty nicely done. There were a few changes here and there where I preferred the book over the movie. Also, it might be just me but the camera seemed slightly shaky at times... my eyes hurt watching some scenes, especially the action-paced ones. Music was nice, though, and the acting was better than I expected. And I was pretty engrossed for the whole two hours. So, it was a good movie overall.

4/10/2012 #13
Jealous Rage

I'll probably download that one once it comes out on DVD. I've seen so much of it, and the books, on Tumblr, and it just doesn't appeal to me much. But like I said, I'll probably download it eventually haha.

4/11/2012 #14
Jealous Rage

I recently rewatched all three Lord of the Rings movies. I'd forgotten how awesome they were. This was my first time seeing the extended cuts. Very nice. I think I'm actually going to buy them next time I get a chance. I'd love to have a hard copy of all three.

4/24/2012 #15
Vivace.Assai

Ah... Lord of the Rings. Probably one of the best movie trilogies ever made. I've been too busy to watch any movies though I've checked out some episodes of Legend of Korra (it's still as awesome as my childhood love, Avatar: the Last Airbender). Maybe when I find time I'll finally be able to watch all the Oscar nominated movies I've been neglecting. Like Hugo.

4/24/2012 #16
Jealous Rage

Watched In Bruges last night. Excellent movie. I'm a big fan of black humour and Brendan Gleeson, and this movie has a lot of both. Colin Farrell did a good job as well. Definitely recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys black comedies.

9/10

4/26/2012 #17
Jealous Rage

Add The Guard to your lists as well. Great movie. Again, Brendan Gleeson is hilarious in this movie. I rewatched it last night, and it's awesome.

10/10

4/27/2012 #18
Vivace.Assai

I watched 12 Angry Men again today and that movie never gets old. I must have watched the play once and the movie more than 5 times but everything is always so intense to me. I know what to expect but the acting and the emotions are so powerful. It's a black and white film but it's definitely a rather provoking watch. I'd give it an A+ rating.

4/27/2012 #19
Vivace.Assai

Long time since I've been on here. But anyways, with summer, I've been able to watch several movies (Hugo, The Descendants, Girl with a Pearl Earring, Moliere, etc).

I'd suggest trying out Serenity though - I prefer the series (Firefly), but the movie is still exciting as a sci-fi/western. Good points: nice acting, great chemistry between the characters, an intense and thoughtful plot, and a collection of very positive reviews. Rating: 8/10

Also watched Fright Night (2011 version) two days ago. Good movie if you're into slight suspense and a more horror take on vampires. Rated "R" for swearing and violence though.

7/8/2012 #20
Jealous Rage

I watched Fright Night as well, a couple months back. I liked it, overall. Admittedly, I didn't have great expectations going in, but I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't originally buy Colin Farrell as a serious vampire, but he did a better job than I thought he would. And David Tennant was pretty damn good haha. Definitely not as cheesy a movie as it easily could have been.

On another note, I've been watching a lot of music-themed films lately. Not musicals—movies about music. Lemmy, Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, and Iron Maiden: Flight 666 are the most recent. Really solid films, all three, if you're into the musical styles they revolve around. They offer a substantial amount of information about a lot of metal-related topics. Really cool stuff.

7/8/2012 #21
Vivace.Assai

Ah yes, David Tennant in Fright Night was the reason why I decided to watch it. I've lost faith with the vampire genre after a certain series so I steer clear of vampire movies or shows these days... But the music-themed films sound good. Could I possibly find them online?

Oh yeah, I watched Pixar's Brave... Great movie if anybody is into Pixar films. Not my favorite but it resonates a lot of themes about family and pride. Plot was different than I expected. Art was good. Music really great for setting up ambiance. And the short before it was amazing. Probably the only summer film besides Dark Knight Rises that I'll be watching in theaters. Rating: 9/10

7/9/2012 . Edited 7/9/2012 #22
Jealous Rage

Could I possibly find them online?

Quite possibly. I downloaded them, but I imagine they're probably hosted in a couple places. Metal: A Headbanger's Journey is a pretty popular one, so it would probably be the easiest to find. And if you find you do like that one, I recommend checking out Metal Evolution. It's an 11-part documentary done in much the same vein as the film, and by the same guys. Lots of cool stuff.

7/9/2012 #23
Silvia Hearten Calen

The Paranormal Activity series is pretty good. Recently just saw the third one, the last fifteen minutes most definitely the best part in the movie. Give the movies together a solid 8/10. Although now I think movie industries are going a little overboard with all these "found footage" movies coming out. Anyway, back to Paranormal Activity, they can maybe stretch it out for a fourth movie which Paramount intends to make but I really don't see how they can make a fifth movie. I don't see how they can add any more to the story line, everything's been explained for the most part.

Well, the movies are still good and worth viewing if you're into supernatural horror.

7/18/2012 #24
Vivace.Assai

In my efforts to watch all major films nominated by the Oscars, I watched My Week with Marilyn last week. It was intriguing, mostly because while I watched the film I kept researching the past lives of film stars and actors like Laurence Olivier and Marilyn Monroe (prompting me to learn more about film history). But as for the movie, it took a certain devotion to get into it (I kept getting distracted), but the acting was done nicely.

Is it my favorite Oscar movie? No, mostly because it wasn't my cup of tea. But it was nicely done and well put together.

Rating: 8/10

7/31/2012 #25
Jealous Rage

Haven't really watched anything worth commenting on lately. I saw 21 Jump Street a little while back, and I thought it was okay, but other than that, nothing. Once things calm down at work, I'm hoping to take some time off and catch up on as many of the newer releases as I can.

8/12/2012 #26
Vivace.Assai

Just watched The Dark Knight Rises today... I'm not too sure about it. I think I prefer "The Dark Knight" a lot more than this conclusion, mostly because the villians in the second story were more memorable. Not going to reveal the plot, but I was kind of disappointed with the twist they pulled at the end with the antagonist.

But I did enjoy how this film focused on the people around Batman and how they help bring justice. Special effects were nice. Story was pretty tantalizing in terms of the social questions it threw into light. I didn't feel bored for a second despite the film being 2 hours 40 minutes long. Overall a good ending to the trilogy but not my favorite in the series.

Rating: 9/10

8/12/2012 #27
Jealous Rage

Still need to see The Dark Knight Rises. Need to see a bunch of things, actually. I'm dreadfully behind on the newer releases. I need a friend who can drive, so I can actually get to the theater more than once a year. I should work on that.

In other news, watched Breaking the Code: Behind the Walls of Chris Jericho. It was awesome. Highly recommended for any wrestling fan and/or Y2J fan. Lots of cool features and information. Some killer matches. Overall, very cool.

Rating: 9.5/10

8/19/2012 #28
Jealous Rage

Finally saw The Avengers. Solid movie. I've been a fan of most of the Marvel movies up to this point, so that's not shocking. Definitely worth watching.

9/12/2012 #29
Jealous Rage

Picked up Drive on DVD today. I downloaded it awhile back and liked it, so I figured it was worth it to have a solid copy. And for twelve bucks, it was definitely worth it.

9/23/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Jealous Rage Nesasio
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member