Cafe Fictionpress
The free for all society of Fictionpress writers, readers and lurkers. Come here if you want to chat, rant, or be lazy.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
hurlingham 18

I've only just recently learned about NaNoWriMo. It seems really cool and I'm considering doing it this November.

anyone done it the past? planning on doing it this year?

8/9/2009 #1
Theodore C. Coolidge

I never heard of it! It's some writing style?

8/10/2009 #2
moreorlessdeleted

Theodore: NationalNovelWritingMonth; sign up to write 50,000 words in the entire month of November.

i haven't done it, but i plan on doing it this year if my schedule allows =D

8/10/2009 #3
Theodore C. Coolidge

Thanks, sounds like a fine challenge. But I'm not prepared. While I can write a coherent story, I'm happy.

8/10/2009 #4
Fabricated Nightmare

I've tried twice to do it. NaNoWriMo was not built for procrastinators.

8/25/2009 #5
Theodore C. Coolidge

Discipline is important for a writer. I challenge myself to don't be lazy, a don't let pass a day withou writng at least a few sentences or an idea for a story.

8/25/2009 #6
MarkC-UK

I'm sure that someone worked out you'd need to write nearly 2,000 words a day in order to hit the 50k target on this...plus if you have a job, school or a life then you'd be hard pressed to achieve that in one month...

But it's a challenge alright! :)

8/26/2009 #7
Theodore C. Coolidge

I remember the good ol' days of pulp, where a writer was paid per word. Thos fellow sure have a great pressure for write, don't forget the number of words limitations. That was a challenge.

9/1/2009 #8
Mam'zelleCombeferre

I'm nanoing this year, but am already eight days behind. :(

11/9/2011 #9
Artficial Smile

I've done NanoWrimo before! I made the 5,000 word limit! (I was using the one for younger kids, not the one with 50,000 words.) I had to do it as a school project, although I didn't like my story anyway...I like fanfiction.net and fictionpress better.

5/9/2012 #10
Forum Moderators: aka Providence
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member