Cafe Fictionpress
The free for all society of Fictionpress writers, readers and lurkers. Come here if you want to chat, rant, or be lazy.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
H. M. Longo

Is there a reason why no indents of any kind are supported by the document manager? Has anyone found a way to bypass this and get the desired indents in a work? Line breaks and spacing are also a mess, but with a careful process of cut-and-pasting and using shift-enter and backspace a lot I can make it work.

Indents, on the other hand, are at once harder to force the website to accept and more important to the story. In ordinary writing an indent is obligatory at the beginning of a paragraph, not a blank line. In poetry, an indent can be indispensable for regulating the flow of the work.

If anyone has found a way to bypass the HTML's eating of indents and extra spaces, please let me know. I don't mind how hard it is to do, I just want the format of my verse and the cadence of my prose to remain as it is in notepad and not be butchered into a giant block of text and a chaos of linebreaks.

8/1/2010 . Edited 8/2/2010 #1
Forum Moderators: aka Providence
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member