Cafe Fictionpress
The free for all society of Fictionpress writers, readers and lurkers. Come here if you want to chat, rant, or be lazy.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Spookshow Whiplash

What other writing-related sites do you use?

I tried Mibba and Quizilla for a brief period, but neither is really my thing.

Are there others out there besides fictionpress/fanfiction.net?

Currently I'm trying to promote a writing forum (which could really use some new members); so if you feel like checking that out, that'd be awfully nice.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Trivium/index.php?

Are there any other like, real writing forums out there?

1/8/2011 #1
Artficial Smile

Ah, I get what you mean. My friend likes Quizilla better because you can use all the actors/celb's names on there. So she forced me to write a story she wanted to write on here, but copyright problems, (song lyrics, actors, etc.) But I like here better cause this place is my kinda place and not her kind of place. (Besides, fanfiction/fictionpress is more popular than them, HAH!)

Anyway, there's this site called Nanowritmo. (Not sure if I spelled that right though..) It's almost like taking a challage for a month; there's two sites on there, one of adults, and the other for kids. You try to write a book in a month; the kid's word count has to be past at least 5,000 and the adult's have to be at least 50,000.

Hope I helped!

5/9/2012 #2
lisapresta

The only other writing site I have ever used with Mibba. I liked it alot, in terms of format/layout, and community, however I found that the stories fell a bit short. And the stories are the most important part to a writing website! Most of them were fan-fiction (which I generally don't like), and if they weren't fan-fiction, they were terribly written. I actually really like FP, however, the forums lack a little bit, and there isn't as much activity as I would like there to be.

5/29/2012 #3
Miras Dana

Well, I've tried Wattpad, InkPop (now Figment), and Authonomy :P I still have accounts on all of those sites, but I'm not very active, lol. I don't think I like any of them as much as I like FP/FF though.

9/11/2012 #4
novel.joy.37

Possible spam detected. Click to show unsafe content.

12/2/2012 #5
Kay Iscah

I'm on a few linked in groups, but the focus there is more on selling your writing than writing better. There's some room for general discussion, but it is a business networking site...so business talk is kind of the main theme.

2/2/2013 #6
Forum Moderators: aka Providence
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member