Cafe Fictionpress
The free for all society of Fictionpress writers, readers and lurkers. Come here if you want to chat, rant, or be lazy.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
God's Lonely Son

Hi guys, I'm new here (obviously) and I have a question! I'm writing a realistic story about going through high school, and well, everybody cussed in high school. So, I'm wondering if I should censor the words (like s***) or go ahead and write it out on this site. I'm not going to go overboard in their usage, I just want realistic dialogue. I don't want to break any rules!

9/14/2011 #1
Tiamatty

It probably depends on how accessible you want it to be. Some people are turned off by profanity, so censoring it might make it more enjoyable for them.

On the other hand, as long as you use the right rating, you're allowed some profanity. So if you prefer to use it, no reason not to.

Given that you're asking whether you should censor, though, I'm gonna guess it's something that might make you more comfortable. No harm in censoring it.

9/22/2011 #2
God's Lonely Son

Thanks for answering the question! I think I'll censor the REALLY offensive words, not that I'll be using them much anyways.

9/23/2011 #3
Forum Moderators: aka Providence
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member