Cafe Fictionpress
The free for all society of Fictionpress writers, readers and lurkers. Come here if you want to chat, rant, or be lazy.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
noctema
Title: soothes the savage beast

Genre: Tragedy/Romance

Rating: T

Summary: Aimee suffers from flashback to the night where her older sister, Jamie, died in a car accident. Because of this, she shies away from any sort of color, especially red -- the color of blood. Her mother, concerned with her sudden change, persuades her to join the school orchestra program at her high school during the summer, and her stand partner, Blake, is possibly the brightest person on the face of the Earth. Red, yellow, green, pink, blue. He tries to heal her pain, and, in the midst of it, teaches her to let go. The question is: Can she heal in return?

2/19/2008 #31
Guacamole
Title: Tale of Philomena of Gale

Author: Guacamole

Genre: Fantasy but sub is Adventure/Drama

Summary: I'm the last of my kind, the rest of us have been killed off since we were called "impure"...but now i'm expected to save the whole world with only this annoying guy, a gypsy, and an old man...wait WHAT! R&R and i do the same!

2/27/2008 #32
Alixx
Title: Edge on the End

It's a story about about how a young man who hasent talked to his dad in about two years deals with his sudden death.

2/29/2008 #33
Zombiefied
This isn't the first story I have written but it's the first story I've posted on this site. I was hoping for some feedback. I would really, really appreciate some comments and/or criticism on this. It's the second chapter of a book that I'm working on, but I feel that I explained the overall story well in the a small segment that I added before the actual story begins. I will gladly review any stories you wish in return for some comments on mine.

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2484815/1/426_Dead_Birds

3/5/2008 #34
Oracle of Destiny
Title: Destiny and I 2: Unrequited Passion

Written by: Oracle of Destiny (me xD)

Summary: Leo and Destiny has been married for 6 years with 4 children. One day she brings home a swordsman Jinx to train with her but Leo doesn't trust him - has Jinx got a secret agenda? Sequel to Destiny and I: A New Man.

So far the story hasn't got any reviews yet and I will be grateful enough if someone reviewed it for me. Thanks.

3/28/2008 #35
AshsKitty
The main characters in my story titled 'Static'

Im just a tad new at all of this ._. But Im still hoping to get a good amount of readers if at all possible.

Basically the story is these five characters -and others to come- All working in the famous 'Club Static' Their personalities often clash and its this that produces everything from humor to Romance!

CHARACTERS

Ashayla Grace Mage.

Born into a family of strict slavers, Ash has all the makings of a bad a** boss and its EXACTLY what she has become. Owner of 'Club Static', she is actively working under the table in dealings of slaves and other illegal substances. Though she is caught up in some less the desirable work, she is quite loveable....If you can step past her rough outer shell. This tough Neko has quite the little temper and isnt afraid to snap her workers and even her customers into their place, though most often the brunt of her blows are landed on the males that enter her club.

Autymn Leigh Graiv

The lovely Neko princess of the group, Autymn is exactly what little girls are made of. Far from little and much more then just a girl, she is the peace maker of the group. Her lithe body has been in the business of dancing, Bringing Ashayla and her together as good friends when she was hired on for the Club. A sweetheart all around, she has fallen completely in love with on Ace Lionheart and he with her as well.

Ace Lionheart

Once an imperial guard, Events lead this striking fellow to the doors of Club Static and into the heart of Autymn. Though hers is the only heart that holds him. He has far from found favor in the eyes of his boss and her right hand man, both out to get him from the moment he steps into the door. Rarely do they let up on him and it is only for the sake of Autymn that he is even allowed to show his face. The poor male tries his best to find light in their darkened impressions of him but the fear he holds of Ashayla and the hate he has for her right hand man, lead to more and more reasons for them both to pick on him to no end.

Caden Spaar

Ashayla's Right hand man and the ever obnoxious one of the bunch. Chosen by his boss for his obvious detest of Ace, They are often caught bickering and fighting for both their egos are much too big to be held in the same place. Normally Ash pulls out on top but from time to time, Caden strikes up the last word sending them both huffing and puffing to their go-tos. A treasure hunter a heart, his rough exterior helps with Ash's image of rough and tough bumbling guys to do her bidding.

Miana

Innocence found its package in Ash's beloved young slave. Almost always silent, her conversation rarely exceeds beyond her bright eyed stares and nudges followed by a few words. She was taken in by Ash years and years ago and has found her place close to Ashayla's heart where few have managed to be. Most times she gets punished by Ash for her 'mess up's and one may get the impression that Miana is very poorly taken care of, but quite the contrary. She is very happy where she is in Ashayla's household and is never treated below the standards. It is far from rare to see the slave n*** as a new born babe, Wearing clothes only when commanded by her Mistress. She is the adorable comedy in the mesh, often bringing smiles with her curiousity and youthfulness.

3/28/2008 #36
AshsKitty
The main characters in my story titled 'Static'

Im just a tad new at all of this ._. But Im still hoping to get a good amount of readers if at all possible.

Basically the story is these five characters -and others to come- All working in the famous 'Club Static' Their personalities often clash and its this that produces everything from humor to Romance!

CHARACTERS

Ashayla Grace Mage.

Born into a family of strict slavers, Ash has all the makings of a bad a** boss and its EXACTLY what she has become. Owner of 'Club Static', she is actively working under the table in dealings of slaves and other illegal substances. Though she is caught up in some less the desirable work, she is quite loveable....If you can step past her rough outer shell. This tough Neko has quite the little temper and isnt afraid to snap her workers and even her customers into their place, though most often the brunt of her blows are landed on the males that enter her club.

Autymn Leigh Graiv

The lovely Neko princess of the group, Autymn is exactly what little girls are made of. Far from little and much more then just a girl, she is the peace maker of the group. Her lithe body has been in the business of dancing, Bringing Ashayla and her together as good friends when she was hired on for the Club. A sweetheart all around, she has fallen completely in love with on Ace Lionheart and he with her as well.

Ace Lionheart

Once an imperial guard, Events lead this striking fellow to the doors of Club Static and into the heart of Autymn. Though hers is the only heart that holds him. He has far from found favor in the eyes of his boss and her right hand man, both out to get him from the moment he steps into the door. Rarely do they let up on him and it is only for the sake of Autymn that he is even allowed to show his face. The poor male tries his best to find light in their darkened impressions of him but the fear he holds of Ashayla and the hate he has for her right hand man, lead to more and more reasons for them both to pick on him to no end.

Caden Spaar

Ashayla's Right hand man and the ever obnoxious one of the bunch. Chosen by his boss for his obvious detest of Ace, They are often caught bickering and fighting for both their egos are much too big to be held in the same place. Normally Ash pulls out on top but from time to time, Caden strikes up the last word sending them both huffing and puffing to their go-tos. A treasure hunter a heart, his rough exterior helps with Ash's image of rough and tough bumbling guys to do her bidding.

Miana

Innocence found its package in Ash's beloved young slave. Almost always silent, her conversation rarely exceeds beyond her bright eyed stares and nudges followed by a few words. She was taken in by Ash years and years ago and has found her place close to Ashayla's heart where few have managed to be. Most times she gets punished by Ash for her 'mess up's and one may get the impression that Miana is very poorly taken care of, but quite the contrary. She is very happy where she is in Ashayla's household and is never treated below the standards. It is far from rare to see the slave n*** as a new born babe, Wearing clothes only when commanded by her Mistress. She is the adorable comedy in the mesh, often bringing smiles with her curiousity and youthfulness.

3/28/2008 #37
Oceans of Mercury
My newest story

The Nightingale Fallout

Synopsis: Through unavoidable circumstance Elliot crashes his car while driving on a lone mountain road. Emerging from the wreck alive but beat up he finds himself on a dirt road in the middle of the woods. He begins his trek down the road in search of help, through the quiet forest. What he finds is the strange town of Nightingale, surrounded by a concrete wall and completely abandoned. In fact, it appears that no one has lived their for over fifty years, buildings and homes left untouched, like everyone just disappeared. What Elliot has discovered is a town that was left for dead, a nuclear plant at its center the source of the terror that now resides over Nightingale. An 'infection' that broke out taints the very surface of everything that is the town. Elliot must sift through the memories of Nightingale and follow its past to find the anti-virus before he can leave, all the while learning the dark truth of what happened fifty years ago.

My favorite story

Meeting Guests in the Parlor

Synopsis: Razel is a quiet man, he works a regular day job, typical 9-5 cubicle worker. On late nights he often walks through the city, the dangerous and shady neighborhoods are what call to him. For reasons that he does not share with anyone. Alone he waits, He has guests to meet. One-shot.

3/29/2008 #38
Voxvocem

Blackout has to be my pride and joy :)

Genre: Sci-fi, but it focuses more on a satire aspect than it does the Sci-fi parts.

Main Themes: rebellion, doubting authority, internal conflict, a mundane but comfortable life vs. a meaningful but dangerous one

Chapters: 10 (but I only have 4 written so far)

Rating: T for some mild violence and mainly mature themes (not mature as in explicit...mature as in deep or thought provoking)

Summary: Set in a planet devoid of a sun (or any other external light source) and covered entirely in metal. The only inhabitants of this planet are androids, all programmed with a certain job to keep their cities running efficiently. Electricity is the most valuable thing to them, as it's used to fuel not only themselves, but all their machinery. Despite the futuristic feel this has, their lifestyle is actually quite primitive, having no means of mass transportation besides subways, no entertainment industry (and no money in general), and sticking to one job their whole lives.

The main character, Rod, is vital to his town, as he collects electricity from lightning storms (known as a "lightningcatcher"). He's rather obsessed with his job, but then the town is struck by a rebellious, power-sucking thief named Hack, and the two of them get into a conflict. She's practically the opposite of Rod, being loud and impulsive. Not only that, but she's rather forceful, and wants him to bend to her way of thinking. The results aren't too pretty.

4/10/2008 . Edited 4/10/2008 #39
Ligeia de Valois

Title: Two in the Dark & Out of their Minds

Genre: Romance/ Tragedy. (& a little humor)

WORK IN PROGRESS. Please stick with me.

Rating: M for language and later chapters.

Summary: 19 year old Evangeline Maddox stumbles into a life of fame and fortune (& the arms of a man she really hates to love). On the road to redemption or an inevitable fall from grace, will she rise above her past and improve her future, or will she become another tragic Hollywood tale?

4/11/2008 #40
The-Real-Kevy

This is the only story on here that I'm quite proud of.

Title: Diatribe of the Dead

Genre: Humor/Horror

Summary: The story of one zombie sick of the stereotyping against his entire race.

Link: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2473615/1/Diatribe_of_the_Dead

4/12/2008 #41
William H. Chang

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2505336/1/Religious_Coffee

Just wanted to put this out there since I finally decided to upload something. It's part of a multimedia project I'm working on focusing on a single city setting and a small pool of characters. First section (out of three already-written ones) is what I've got up so far.

Title: "Religious Coffee" (working title)

Genre: General fiction with a slight hint of mystery

Synopsis: Two residents of a small town try to discover the source of an odd taste that's suddenly appeared in the town's coffee, which is becoming a huge commodity. What they discover is bigger than they could imagine.

This is really my dedication to the wonders of coffee and the American coffee culture of the recent decades. Because I seriously cannot live without it.

4/16/2008 #42
Cuddly Sacred Vampire

A Single Black Rose http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2461263/1/A_Single_Black_Rose

Summary: After her crush gets in an accident, Elli finds out that Ravyn loves her back but when she finds out that Ravyn lied to her about his toughest competition, can she forgive him and find love with him or will she go for chris the guy she can't figure out.

Also I have a story called A Dark Blooded Romance http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2498159/1/A_Dark_Blooded_Romance

Summary: Heather is not normal.Not only is her best friend a vampire who finds love but she is working for the vampires to help destroy the demons plans to take over the other world hidden from the humans.Can she find love and save the world?Summ subject to change

Both stories have no reviews so i have no cluse what people think about them

4/20/2008 . Edited 4/20/2008 #43
MySunshine

1. A Dream Come True

Summary: When Leona Clayton decided to meet her father for the first time, she never thought she'd fall for handsome local sheriff Cade Vaughan.

2. Endless Love

Summary: Is there such a thing as endless love? Lilly certainly thought so. But that was before her boyfriend broke up with her to be with someone else. There were certain reasons she knew nothing about. When she does, will they come back together again?

(longer summaries are on my profile)

4/21/2008 #44
L.B. Dale

Title: Dynamics

Summary: Life isn’t fair, and for Evie, she endures the ultimate punishment for mediocrity: an irritable classical pianist that lives in the upstairs apartment who has a habit of listening to Mozart and Rachmaninoff on an hourly basis. By force, they meet... and neither one can stand each another. Over time, however, they learn that good things can be found from even the most undesirable sources.

Genre: contemporary romance/drama/comedy

Still in progress, so I'd really appreciate it if someone left a review. :)

4/23/2008 #45
Lardlax

Title: Final Gardens

Summary: John travels to Final Gardens looking for his sister, who mysteriously disappeared. When he arrives there, he gets a lot more than he bargained for.

Genre: Mystery/suspense.

I haven't writen a mystery before, but I had this idea kicking about in my head for ages so I thought "why not."

Hoping peoples enjoy it :D

4/28/2008 #46
neiger

Title: In Too Deep

Summary: Lynn is too busy climbing the ladder of success to have anything to do with men, at least, until she is mistakenly mistaken to be a man's wife by a paramedic. Problem is, the man's in a coma and she has no proof.

Link: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2529991/1/In_Too_Deep

Genre: Romance/Drama

Reviews are loved.

6/10/2008 #47
dbz 77

Title: The Polygamist

Author: dbz77

URL: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2530663/1/The_Polygamist

Category: General

Sub-Category: Romance

Summary: A polygamous wedding

6/11/2008 #48
John Westcott

My two completed novels:

COMPLETED NOVELS:

Den Of Thieves: Action/Adventure/Suspense - NOW COMPLETE! The story of a mutant thief in the year 2043, a time when America is a fascist state and big brother controls and watches everyone. Oliver Reed is 'The Wraith', and working for 'The Cabal', which is led by the world's most powerful villain: Malevolence. Reed wants to replace Malevolence as the head of the criminal organization but that won't be easy until he finds out the secrets of his opponent's powers. As if that wasn't enough to deal with, he also has to deal with his world's 'superheroes', all of whom work for the government and enforce the fascist status quo (you'll see many Marvel and DC archetypes acting as the heroes), while being hunted by a DOD (Department Of Defense) task force led by a Gregory Newcastle III, a man who lost both arms in a battle with The Wraith many years ago. Think of this story as a comic book inspired novel, only from the villain's point of view. It's inspirations include The Watchmen, V For Vendetta, The X-Men, Batman, George Orwell's 1984, The Roots Of Evil (by Ervin Staub), Sleeper (by Ed Brubaker), Yojimbo, Sun Tzu's Art Of War and most every spy movie I've ever seen.

Angelwing: Action/Adventure/Western - NOW COMPLETE! Max Rossiter is a former U.S. Marshall who became disgusted and frightened with his animalistic side after seeking and gaining revenge on the men who killed his family. In search of answers, he fled to Japan and befriended an aging Samurai called Hiroshi, who taught him the ways of Bushido. Now that he's returned to America after ten years, Rossiter becomes embroiled in a battle with Damian Durrant, the man who runs the town of Angelwing (though the town's occupants call it 'The Devil's Claw'). Durrant runs the town as a slave camp, shanghaiing and tricking his captors into coming to his town, a town from which they'll never leave. Durrant's goal is to find the remains of the true cross that Jesus was crucified upon, which he believes is hidden in the American frontier. Durrant hopes at first to seduce Rossiter to his side, but things don't go the way he planned, and soon the two men and all of Durrant's thugs are embroiled in constant battle. This novel is inspired by many western movies I've enjoyed, especially the Clint Eastwood 'Dollars Trilogy' and far too many martial arts films to name here.

My two in progress novels:

IN PROGRESS:

Centurion: Action/Adventure/Suspense -CHAPTER FOUR ADDED AS OF MAY 09, 2008! Daniel Kirby lives a perfectly boring, mediocre life as a call center employee who eats lunch alone and has no friends. He is drowning in a sea of regret and lost opportunities that can all be traced back to the death of his only true love, Caroline. As he stands in his bathroom, shaving for work one morning, a magician known as 'Mr. Magus' suddenly appears in Kirby's bathroom surrounded by smoke and fire, informing him that in an alternate reality, Kirby's girlfriend lived and he became the superhero known as 'Centurion', only the Daniel Kirby from his reality died in a bomb blast while saving hundreds of innocent lives. Now, Mr. Magus wants to bring this Daniel Kirby back to his reality to take the place of his fallen alternate self. We've all hated our lives at one point or another. What would you if someone offered you a chance to live your dreams? For Kirby there's no choice to be made when he finds out that Caroline is alive in this alternate universe, and must learn to become a hero while defeating the plans of Mars: The God Of War, and his minions, Phobos, Deimos and The Visigoths.

Robert The Devil: Action/Supernatural/Adventure - CHAPTER TWO ADDED AS OF MAY 24, 2008! Based on the Wikipedia entry for 'Robert The Devil': "Once there was a woman who, unable to conceive a child and, getting no help from her prayers to Heaven, laid down with the Devil and was finally able to bear a son. From the moment of his birth the boy shows his vicious instincts, which urge him, when grown to manhood, to a career of monstrous crime. At last the horror which he inspires everywhere causes him to reflect, and, having found out the awful secret of his birth, he hastens to Rome to confess to the pope. He undergoes the most rigorous penance, living in the disguise of a fool at the emperor's court in Rome. Three times he delivers the city from the assault of the Saracens, but, refusing all reward, he ends his life as a pious hermit. According to another version he marries the emperor's daughter, whose love he has won in his humble disguise, and succeeds to the throne." This tale is an updated and re-imagined version of the Robert The Devil legend, told in modern times and set in Los Angeles. It has influences including Neil Gaiman's 'Sandman' and the movie 'The Highlander'. It has all the action elements you're used to from me, but has a new supernatural element I've never played with before.

Short stories and vignettes:

'Cat In The Closet' (a kid's story/poem/song) - "There's a cat in the closet and he won't go away. We might as well just ask him to stay. Music and art coming soon!"

'The Cat Who Lost His Meow' (comprising the now ongoing "Riley" series of stories I want to do). A short kid's poem/story. "There once was a cat who lost his 'meow'. Will he get it back? And if so, how?"

'I Am Time Magazine's Person Of The Year' (an opinion piece). "I'd like to thank the academy..."

'Pioneer', a short vignette written many years ago. - "A short 'what if' story about an alien race discovering the Pioneer space probe."

6/15/2008 #49
Ashelin Efflorescence

Title: Trigger

Author: SnowCookie27

Category: Romance

Sub-Category: Sci-Fi/General

Url: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2521480/1/Trigger

Summary: Set in a post-apocalyptic earth, where the only civilization left is a warped paradise called Utopia. No longer content with "perfection", two runaways desperately seek something real.

6/19/2008 #50
Ten ways to spoil dinner

I've got a story, posted it last night. I think it's good. I already have two reviews. (best story so far for me.)

Title: City of Demons

Manga- Adventure, Sci-fi, maybe even a bit supernatural. (would demons be supernatural. I think so but...)

Summary: In the future, demons rule our world. They kill us all with no rmorse. For a time, there was a safe haven, but it too became a wasteland of destruction. Now, humans have only one chance left to win. Knew machines, new weapons, and new tactics.

Main Characters: There are many who can be considered main. Ayame, Yukito, Ryoku Misa, Yusuke, Koume (Koume doesn't appear in the first chpter though, not until later.) etc. those are just the protaganists. The bad guys are the demons, Malicious voilent cretuures in the eyes of the humans. The demons destroy and kill, it's their niche. Humans wish to eradicate them so they canhave their world once more.

That's basically my story. Please read, please review. If you wannas read it, click on my penname and you know the rest.

7/2/2008 #51
TheDarqueOne

"MetaWar"

This is a story about what might happen if a group of real people gained superpowers. Not a comic book story but one grounded in reality. The story arc covers 3 years and will be told via flashbacks and little character pieces. It is rated 'M' for language, violence, and some harsh images. Few of these things are seen in the beginning chapters, but they will start to turn up as the story progresses.

There is humor, and some happy times, but mostly it is a constant struggle for those who try and defend humanity. It is my opinion that the the average person, if given significant powers would go bad, some of them very bad. I do not promise a happy ending.

Darque

(-)

7/4/2008 #52
RoseInk

Title: Horse

Author:...well, me. RoseInk

Summary: This is an autobiography of a female grunge rocker. Told after her death by a handful of people that knew her, they reflect on her life, personality, and career. Every chapter reveals more and more about who she really was, and the secrets she kept from the world. WARNING: There is a LOT of graphic drug use and strong language. Please know that going in. I don't believe that it is excessive, but it may be offensive to some.

Title: The Synthetic Apostle

Summary: Two homeless people spend one night under the influence of a superdrug, known as God. Set in a dystopian society, and based loosely on Trent Reznor's "Yearzero" project. As with the above, drug use abounds. Read at your own risk. One-shot.

That's it folks, I look forward to reading and reviewing your work!

7/10/2008 #53
The-Real-Kevy

Title: Unemployment

Link: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2536338/1/Unemployment

Fiction Rated: T - English - Hurt/Comfort/Angst - Chapters: 2 - Words: 3,482

Synopsis: This piece charts a day in the life of Ian Spokes, an unemployed drunk whose life is in pieces. Can he quell his self-destructive tendencies and get a job? Reviews very much appreciated.

7/22/2008 #54
concerto49

Title: Her, Ayuki

Summary: Love? Lust? All I knew was that my heart ached as I longed for her, Ayuki. She was the famous singer that everyoned loved and in contrast, I was her burden. If only I could become a hero and win her heart. If only everything we went through was real.

7/25/2008 #55
Okamimako

Well, I never thought I'd be advertising this, but it's turning out quite a bit better than I thought it would:

Absolute Folly Rating: T Genre: General (aka, everything under the sun since it's going to be 700 000 words long) Summary: 2000 words a day, 365 days. It's an absolute folly. (It's a project to see what I could do if I added 2000 words to this story every day for a year). (Actual Summary): Lucy is not a fan of change, and would rather if everything would stay the same... for ever. But the world doesn't listen and has grandly different plans...

Updated every day (as I've mentioned), and I've kept to that fairly well so far.

7/26/2008 #56
Siriano

XANDER IS MY BABY! D: Read about him!

http://www.fictionpress.com/secure/live_preview.php?storyid=2543453&chapter=1

ERASER RAIN!

Summary: His name was not important. His name is not what caused him to be sold away to some odd duke in the western parts of his country. His name is not what cause him all the pain that came with said sale. His name does not make him feel any better. Nor does it make him any less dead now. But if you have to know, it was Alexander.

I made a banner for it! :D

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/justgoaway11/121701612867139.jpg

7/26/2008 #57
Blue Flamed Phoenix

MetaHumans_Revised

Genre- (not your average) Sci-fi

Summary-Call us what you want; animals, humans. But we know that were just the same as you. We're all the same.

7/26/2008 #58
Melancholic Marionette

Hi...*new* I hope I'm not violating any rule by advertising here (I'm totally a*** about rules, but I didn't see any).

Title: Enigma

Genre: Romance - Humor/Drama

Summary: Riley enjoys thinking of herself as a mystery. She enjoys playing with people's minds, thinking of them as toys and not as possible friends. She never expected one of her toys would push her own buttons, and now neither of them can or will play nice.

Rating: T

Link: Enigma

7/29/2008 #59
criti-sized

Title:- The Date Book

Summary:- Your mother lied. Romance is chess and you're a pawn, some joke, huh? But I'll fix that. I've written The Date Book just to get you through this rough patch in life.

Genre:- Romance/Humor

Note:- And as you've guessed, if you review me, I'll definitely return the favor. Scouts honor.

8/2/2008 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: aka Providence
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member