Cafe Fictionpress
The free for all society of Fictionpress writers, readers and lurkers. Come here if you want to chat, rant, or be lazy.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Zane Legends

Title: The Adventures of Zane Legends

Summary: Some people have a knack for finding strange things. Strange things always seem to find Zane Legends.

8/2/2008 #61
herunusualmind

Title: Pandemonium Nights

Summary: Thomas Lancaster is a new recruit in a secret organization that hunts lurkers of the night and assures the balance between Purgatory, Heaven, and Hell.

genre: drama/horror/supernatural

details: 5 chapters, written in the first person, present tense, contains violence, gore, and light coarse language

8/5/2008 #62
TheDarqueOne

MetaWar: Changes

My story got big enough that I decided to break it into 3 'books'. MetaWar: Beginnings is Book I and is complete.

MetaWar:Changes is about half-way done at this point.

So far the reactions I have gotten have been pretty good, although my reviews here are marred by a small exchange between a friend of mine and a major player on this site. But I am pleased with the way the story is going.

I have been told that it seems as real as such a thing can seem, which is really my intent. All of the killing and swearing probably helps. I set out to tell a three year story arc focused on 4 people who tried to do the right thing. I firmly believe that if 600 or so people gained signficiant power the world would be in serious trouble. The odds of the planet falling into Chaos or under the iron fist of some dictator seem almost 100%. Who would stand against that, and could they possibly succeed?

We shall see.

Darque

(-)

8/6/2008 #63
rassoodock

title-orange

rating-m

genres-it is listed as romance/drama, but it spans into black comedy as well.

narrator- Margot LaChapelle

summary (i really blow at them, so humor me a bit)- Margot LaChapelle is a babysitter for the overprotected 12-year-old across the street, who she also happens to be madly in love with. Her brother is a sociopath, her mother is terminal with brain cancer, her father's in a mental institution, her best friend is a manwhore and the new girl in town keeps hitting on her.

warnings-pedophiles galore, "coarse language", drugs, really long paragraphs i cant be arsed to go and change, sex and lesbians. that, and it's only at...6-7 chapters at the moments and it's quite long, so ive been told.

8/7/2008 #64
SapphirePrima

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2536234/1/Running_for_Eons

After Eon runs away from his home planet to avoid death, he lands on Earth and mets up with Vita whose running away from her own problems too. Zexel winds up engaged to his ex Opedol, on his hunt to retrieve Eon back and with strange chances the four end up on a chase from the galaxy police.

8/8/2008 #65
HellOnToast

As of right now, my main story is...

Dead Flies

I think that it is turning out very good, though I would like some advice...

10/26/2008 #66
Link Broken

I have 2 stories! both are romantic comedy!

Til Death Do You Part- A girl, early twenties, has the perfect life. Oh wait, no she doesn't! She has ghost haunting her!

The Misadventures of Chloe and Company- How far would you go to avoid a guy? Would you try and sneak past airport security, cram yourself into a suitcase, and hide in a plane listening to a bunch of guys have burping and farting contests while all the while you really have to go to the bathroom for hours!? Chloe did.

11/3/2008 #67
TheSheTiger

Finally, I did something with this story that has been rattling around in my head for a few years now. Yes, years!

It's titled HorseFlesh, and you can find it under the Horror category. The first chapter is up, and I hope to add more soon. This is a multi-chapter story.

I suppose the inspiration for this came from the Left Behind series of books, but it is not based on them. It is a Christian perspective story, so some people may be offended. I hope not, because it's also a pretty gripping horror/thriller that I've been wanting to write and do something with.

It's about a sinister breed of horse, one like the world has never known. Selectively bred to be the ultimate warhorse, the animals have become unpredictable- and deadly- to anyone unfortunate enough to cross paths with them. Anyone except those who know how to handle them...

If you read, please give me a review. I want to know it wasn't all for nothing!

11/5/2008 #68
Lawcere

Hey! I'm new here and I've posted quite a few works, including poetry, short stories, essays, satire... I really don't care which you read, I just want reviews. Also, please be honest. Thanks! Lawcere

11/21/2008 #69
A.H. Fenald

Hello.

Please read The Boy Who Cried Mother.

It is a poetic novel and it is very different from other stories on FP.

Here it is in a nutshell:

Yuki. It means snow. Ironically, I have brown skin. My mother had yellow skin. She was Japanese. I'm half-Black and half-Japanese. She left me to die when I was only five years old. This is my story of growing up as an outcast.

11/21/2008 #70
A.H. Fenald

Hello.

Please read The Boy Who Cried Mother.

It is a poetic novel and it is very different from other stories on FP.

Here it is in a nutshell:

Yuki. It means snow. Ironically, I have brown skin. My mother had yellow skin. She was Japanese. I'm half-Black and half-Japanese. She left me to die when I was only five years old. This is my story of growing up as an outcast.

11/21/2008 #71
Guy1122

Alright, I feel kind of dumb advertising for my poetry, but I like to think that it is pretty good.

I'm sure ya'll will find something ya'll like. Check it out.

Please review with brutal honesty!

I WILL RETURN THE FAVOR!!!!

12/3/2008 #72
Johnny B Goode

Title: Charlie Daniels, Teenaged Schmoe

Rating: T

Genre: Humor

Chapters: 6

Summary: Charlie Daniels, a put-upon teenager with an esoteric sense of humor, goes through a life involving his quest for a girlfriend, money, and to live in general.

Please review with honesty and constructive criticism, because the only people who have read it so far are in it.

12/6/2008 . Edited 12/6/2008 #73
Johnny B Goode

Please review with honesty and constructive criticism, because the only people who have read it so far are in it.

12/6/2008 #74
Johnny B Goode

And I forgot to add, it's a humor story. Sorry.

12/6/2008 #75
Fractured Illusion

There is an edit button you know...

12/6/2008 #76
Johnny B Goode

Yeah, figured. I can't see it anywhere though.

12/6/2008 #77
Link Broken

click on Mod then on Edit

12/6/2008 #78
Johnny B Goode

Thanks a lot, original post adjusted.

12/6/2008 #79
Link Broken

your welcome :)

12/6/2008 #80
Johnny B Goode

Don't worry about it.

12/6/2008 #81
Tagsmom

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2615029/1/AFTER_MIDNIGHT

AFTER MIDNIGHT

For Raidy Finley, going from living in a small Idaho town to Southern California is hard enough, but after losing her father to heart disease, it seems impossible. Until she meets Samuel, a strange, but intriguing boy.

Still in progress, but it's been fun to write. I hope you enjoy it, but either way, thanks for reading!

12/31/2008 #82
Jillianna

Please check out my story, Black Bag Jump

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2615243/1/Black_Bag_Jump

I would appreciate you looking, thanks.

Jillianna

12/31/2008 #83
lael1bologna

My Forums

1/1/2009 #84
Guacamole

Title: The Puppet Master

Author: Guacamole

Summary: I'm the one who can control your heartstrings, your own spirit. I'm told to save the world, but the people telling me kill and kidnap to do it. Will I have to become one of them to survive? R&R and I do the same! T for now...

1/1/2009 #85
Koolerkid

Title: Mythos

Summary: Mythos is a world created from sheer human imagination - and as our world grows darker, with more and more evil minds polluting our collective imagination, a new evil roams the imaginary planes. It is up to a homicidal Little Red Riding Hood and her friends - Goldie Locke, Pinocchio the wooden boy, and Icarus - to save all of Mythos. Now if she could just stop killing innocent bystanders...

It is not a comedy, despite what it may sound like. It is somewhat violent, so the easily offended should stay away. Please review!

1/2/2009 . Edited 1/2/2009 #86
Midnight Black Rose

Since I don't have any works here in FP, I would just like to advertise our forum...

here it is.

get some reviews if you want some!

"Forum: Review Traders"

1/22/2009 . Edited 1/22/2009 #87
Saph Moon

I only have one story up right now, but I need constructive criticism.

There are only three chapters up at this time, but I'll be trying to add one chapter every week.

It's not too good yet, but again, I need criticism to make it better.

Please check it out for your self. =)

1/25/2009 #88
lael1bologna

like people to read My Shadowy Lullaby . But I don't believe this advertise stuff works, because I've tried this over and over again.

2/2/2009 #89
Chasing Skylines

Advertising a forum (hope it's okay).

Dialogue Play.

Having trouble writing a character? Can't quite pin down their personality? Then this is the place for you! Come here and play your character as we put them through their paces. We'll help you find what makes them tick - and have fun while we're at it.

Role-play of sorts; currently includes Fantasy, Supernatural, Romance, and 'Slice of Life' (General).

2/3/2009 . Edited 2/3/2009 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: aka Providence
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member