Cafe Fictionpress
The free for all society of Fictionpress writers, readers and lurkers. Come here if you want to chat, rant, or be lazy.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
dramaqueen53

Because I was writing chapter five of my story once and I suddenly looked at the clock and saw it was two in the morning! I was the living dead in school the next day...but I like to write so I guess it was worth it!

4/27/2008 #1
Churn

Haha, yeah, I have. It happens.

4/27/2008 #2
erinox

Yesh. I did that a few weeks ago, I thought it had only been about 30 minutes, more like 3 hours. O.O

4/27/2008 #3
Churn

That sounds incredibly intense.

5/6/2008 #4
Disturbly
Not really; I'm aware of how late it is when I write, I simply do my best work while I'm tweaked on stimulants after 24 hours without sleep.
5/9/2008 #5
xLinkinPark94x

Haha I've done that before. It was like 9 o'clock and I told myself I'd only write for about 30 minutes. Next time I looked at the clock, it was 1:00 AM. At the time, it was the latest I had ever stayed up. xD

5/10/2008 #6
Voxvocem

as much as I'd find it funny if I did, I haven't. I usually write during school (when I'm not supposed to, haha), and that's...during the day. I'm also kinda tight with my own personal schedule, so I usually glance at the clock often and stop whatever I'm doing if it's time to go to bed. :[

5/12/2008 #7
Jasion Drake

I find that when I get up to important parts (death scenes, battles, etc.), time just doesn't matter. I can and have written for 6 hours with nothing more than a packet of chips and a big bottle of soft drink. One day I will die of exposure. But hey, I get some stuff down!

6/8/2008 #8
Crane Daitkai

Ah completely, I'm OCD like that though. As a challenge I like to set deadlines for myself to keep my writing sharp and quick.

After about a month it sucks though, don't make a habit of it!!!

6/9/2008 #9
Crane Daitkai

Oh and sorry for the double post but Drake brings up a good point too, has anyone actually got without food or fasted by accident when writing? I had a day off and I didn't so much as drink a cup of coffee before I realized it was close to Dinner, haha, thank God for fast food as soon as I got out the door I felt famished x.x.

6/9/2008 #10
Crane Daitkai

Ah completely, I'm OCD like that though. As a challenge I like to set deadlines for myself to keep my writing sharp and quick.

After about a month it sucks though, don't make a habit of it!!!

6/9/2008 #11
neiger

Dude, I do that all the time. It's summer now, so it's not so bad. But last night, I stayed up finishing chapter one of In Too Deep (Shameless plug: Which is posted now, btw. :D)

It was like, 2 AM and I woke up the next day around 10 to edit.

But I was up already, finishing the end of Breakfast at Tiffany's. Adorable movie, by the way.

6/10/2008 #12
didgeridoo

im was accidentally staying up late w/o realizing it...but now that i've realized it i guess it doesn't count

6/13/2008 #13
Big Boots Man Of War

yes I do that all the time (I do realise I am posting like, forever, after this was asked) But it's basically what i do. I planned to write one short update and ended up writing til 5am. My sleeping was majorly screwed after that

9/27/2008 #14
Bleached Kitty

happens to me every night, i'm good for school in the morning but in the afternoon i like to have a nap. :)

10/24/2008 #15
Link Broken

that happened to me once. i was writing and i thought "oh it won't take me that long" and i ended up finishing at like 2 am!

11/8/2008 #16
Natalie J. Sawyer

I remember writing until the early hours of the morning and then having my dad come down and yell at me for not going to bed. When my parents go on holiday without me, I am the only daughter left residing in this house, I like it because it means unlimited PC time and unlimited PC time means unlimited writing time.

12/24/2008 #17
Tagsmom

Absolutely! I've literally stayed up all night working on a chapter. When I realized the sun was coming up, then I knew!

12/31/2008 #18
Midnight Adrenaline

Once, in the summer, I was finally able to write again, because I'd hurt my arm and could only type with one hand, which isn't very practical. And I suddenly realized it was getting brighter, and it wasn't artificial lighting. It turned out I'd forgotten to close my shutters, so I looked behind the blind and saw the sun rising... It was 6 AM.

1/4/2009 #19
concerto49

Yeah I had that too. Mine was a little different though. I couldn't sleep whilst in bed as I had these story ideas attacking me so I got up and began to write until I could settle it before going back to sleep.

1/11/2009 #20
Fabricated Nightmare

I've had it happen. There's a sort of trance state I get in, and next thing I know my iPod's dead and the library's closing. What?!

1/14/2009 #21
iEuphemia

I couldn't even possibly begin to count the amount of times that's happened to me.

I just get so carried away when I write that I don't actually realise how much time is passing.

Plus, I'm a little bit OCD-ish. When I start a chapter, I like to finish it.

3/11/2009 #22
The Infamous Black Valkyrie

I've been there on numerous occassions. I'll be working on a story, next thing I know it's 5:00 am... on a school day!

I've paid for this on occassion, namely when I fall asleep in class.

But hey, at least what I was writing kicked butt. :D

3/12/2009 . Edited 3/12/2009 #23
Tagsmom

I think this topic is proof that the best entertainment is creating something you are passionate about. Whether it's writing, painting, sculpting, computer animation, etc. People seek entertaiment and destratctions, but very few seek to create something. I am so thrilled to see so many, who choose to passionate about something that is not only positive, but is also so entertaining to others. You all are terrific, and I hope if you have to lose sleep, it's in the pursuit of your own creations, and the excercising of your minds. Bravo folks, bravo!

3/12/2009 #24
fatbird33
tagsmom: you are so kind!
3/14/2009 #25
Tagsmom

Just honest!

;c)

3/14/2009 #26
DStone39

Considering I write on the weekends, I don't have to do anything particular early so I write late at night.

Last night, I was up til 2 AM working on a few chapters and filing out the character profile sheet I found on this forum yesterday. Guess I lost track of time.

3/21/2009 #27
NaughtyDog

i stayed up all night 2 nights ago writing one.

4/19/2009 #28
Heretic Shredder

Haha I do that very often! I get so sucked into my own little universe, that I lose track of time completely. I don't even notice when I'm hungry or thirsty. The next day, I usually splurge on an energy drink for myself. Otherwise, I can barely tell you what my name is. XD

5/29/2009 #29
Midnight Adrenaline

I just woke up 6 minutes ago and it turns out that I fell asleep in front of my computer. But it wasn't really late... Just half past midnight. First time that's ever happened to me. Irony? Last sentence I wrote for my story is this: "But she’s sleeping." Go ahead: laugh.

5/30/2009 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: aka Providence
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member