Cafe Fictionpress
The free for all society of Fictionpress writers, readers and lurkers. Come here if you want to chat, rant, or be lazy.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2
Heretic Shredder

Haha, that's pretty funny! What a coincidence.

5/30/2009 #31
Yael Itamar

I can remember at least one occasion where I pulled an all-nighter working on a chapter. (Although I don't think I even started writing until midnight that night, and I take long breaks, so that might have something to do with it.)

6/4/2009 #32
He Smelled Of Rain

yea actually i just did that. i was writing and some how i wasnt aware of my room steady darkening around me... when i looked away from my computer screen i freaked out, fell out of my chair, then almost died by choking on my own spit cuz my phoen rang, scaring the p*** outa me.

7/3/2009 #33
Theodore C. Coolidge

Not usually, but when I focused and inspired, I can be writing for hours.

8/5/2009 #34
FreakieGeekie

Haha, yes, I've done that on more than one occasion. I just never really pay any mind to the time when I'm writing. Or reading for that matter!

8/14/2009 #35
Theodore C. Coolidge

Despite I'm doing another thing, the urge of writing gets me. And the only thing I want is write.

8/25/2009 #36
MarkC-UK

I think I've been doing this for the last decade! You wake up at 2 in the morning and find you have to write - or find that you haven't really gone to bed and you've droolled all over the keyboard...the Mrs hates it...

And when you get an idea buzzing around your skull or a line of dialogue when you're wandering around the shops too! That's annoying as hell - thank god for post-it notes...brouhahahahahahaha! :)

8/26/2009 #37
FreakieGeekie

Ah yes, post it notes and pocket sized composition notebooks are a writer's best friend!

8/27/2009 #38
MarkC-UK

I've been known to scribble things down on the back of receipts at times too...and the less said about the shopping list the better!!! :)

8/28/2009 #39
Theodore C. Coolidge

Every piece of blank paper is the writer's best friend.

8/28/2009 #40
XansGirl

I do that all the time, my fiancee has to remind me of the time every so often because he'll hear my fingers flying on the kb and he knows i can get lost in my worlds

8/28/2009 #41
FreakieGeekie

True, true.

Really anything you can write on is your best friend. I remember I once got a great idea for a story while in the mall. I rummaged around in my messenger bag and found a pen but no paper. So I wrote the entire idea on my left forearm and it stayed there until I could get to the mall's bookstore and buy a notebook to copy it into.

8/28/2009 #42
XansGirl

lmao that sounds like something I'd do! :P

8/29/2009 #43
FreakieGeekie
Heh, glad I'm not alone there. My mom insisted that I'd lost my mind but my dad found it funny.
8/30/2009 #44
AmIreallyarodent

Happens to me a lot. At the moment, its four in the afternoon and I'm struggling to stay awake here! Late night last night

1/18/2010 #45
Hemlock-Key

I've done it--the worst was during this past NaNoWriMo. I stayed up until...right, I didn't go to bed till the next evening. I don't recommend doing that. Especially not during finals.

2/15/2010 #46
Natalie Joan N

OOohh I have! ahaha But the worst was reading the 7th Harry Potter book! I look at the clock and it's 8:00 pm and I think its only been an hour at most and I look up and its 5:00 in the morning! PLUS I had school that morning! I guess I just have an awful sense of time! ahaha

But yes, just last night I didn't realize how late I had been up writing. :)

8/1/2010 #47
Halfbloodlycan

All the time. I've gotten so caught up in writing something that it was just like reading it. Ha, okay this includes rereading what I've written a dozen times and picturing each scene play out with music and everything. That's happened occasionally.

11/22/2010 #48
Ellie.H

I do this all the time, words will fly onto the page and I'll be so excited "Oh my God, I'm actually going to finish a story this time!" and then I catch a glimpse at the clock and see it is two in the morning and I have to wake up at five.

12/9/2010 #49
AdmiralGFM

^This is exactly what happens with me as well!

7/14/2011 . Edited 7/14/2011 #50
RisanF

I do this kind of thing all the time, particularly when I'm making that big push through an important scene. These days, however, I tend to spend my days writing rather than my nights.

7/26/2011 #51
« Prev Page 1 2
Forum Moderators: aka Providence
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member