Cafe Fictionpress
The free for all society of Fictionpress writers, readers and lurkers. Come here if you want to chat, rant, or be lazy.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2
Ellie.H

Mine is the title of one of my favorite songs.

7/15/2009 #31
FuelingtheFire

I became FuelingtheFire yeearrs ago when I was based at Quizilla.com. I was reading a story and the author's name was Cooling the Fire. I thought to myself, what kind of writer calls themself that? Aren't we supposed to be stoking the talent within us? If anything we should be fueling our fire! After that...well, it's just who I am now. Any site that has it open I claim it. Online it's more my name than my actual name.

7/21/2009 #32
A Sky Menace

Mine's my name scrambled up :o

Pretty crazy stuff.

7/23/2009 #33
Theodore C. Coolidge

The origin of my name is a little complex. I write in Spanish, my mother language, because I'm not too confident in my English skills to write a story. Also I really love writing pulp-esque fiction, and the vast mayoritie of the pulp magazines authors were english names. Theodore is a great name, C. Coolidge is an obvious refenrence to the United States President Calvin Coolidge; and that's all folks!

8/1/2009 #34
FreakieGeekie

Well, my PenName was going to be Lucinda, which is my middle name and is Latin for "the beautiful light". But it was taken so I looked for a name with a similar meaning and was given the name Lucina, which, according to the site that it was on, is the name of the ancient Roman goddess of childbirth.

Since we authors "give birth" to our characters and stories, so to speak, I figured that I may as well use it :D

8/14/2009 #35
Theodore C. Coolidge

Really? I never heard of thay Goddess.

8/20/2009 #36
FreakieGeekie
Nor have I. I wonder if that site had it wrong? Hmm...now I've got to investigate! :D
8/20/2009 #37
ImagingThings

Mine comes from the fact that I like to imaging things...

10/26/2009 #38
Crowbar Gazoolies

Easy-peasy.

It was tumbling around in my head for about...5 days before I decided to use it on here and Fanfiction.net.

Pure accident, really. Started as Crowbar Ga-something (I didn't know what to put at the time), and it kinda just grew into Gazoolies x]

11/4/2009 #39
Laila Amira

"Laila/Leila/Layla" is Arabic for night, and "Amira" means princess. I speak Arabic and am always looking for a chance to use my language knowledge. Plus, I thought it sounded like kind of a cool, mystical name. So, voila!

11/17/2009 #40
graciful

Floppy is my cat's name (he's a Scottish Fold).

1/2/2010 #41
DeltoraChick05

I'm DeltoraChick05 because of Deltora Quest (ooh big surprise there). DQ was the first proper book series I read, when I was eight, and I am still obsessed with it, over 6 years later (shut up, I love them). I love how everything falls into place, piece by piece, and how such an intricate storyline worked out.

But that's not why I chose this penname. I chose DeltoraChick05 because not only did Emily Rodda create such an amazing piece of intricate literature (my opinion), she wrote it without using a single contraction (I'm, won't, can't). The Deltora Quest series consists of fifteen books in the actual series, and five spin-off books. That is a total of twenty books, for those of you too lazy to count. Without a single contraction. Therefore, Emily Rodda is my hero.

"Deltora" refers to the land of monsters and magic. "Chick" refers to my gender (doesn't take a genius to figure that out). "05" is my birthdate number = DeltoraChick05.

-DeltoraChick05

8/26/2010 #42
DeltoraChick05

I'm DeltoraChick05 because of Deltora Quest (ooh big surprise there). DQ was the first proper book series I read, when I was eight, and I am still obsessed with it, over 6 years later (shut up, I love them). I love how everything falls into place, piece by piece, and how such an intricate storyline worked out.

But that's not why I chose this penname. I chose DeltoraChick05 because not only did Emily Rodda create such an amazing piece of intricate literature (my opinion), she wrote it without using a single contraction (I'm, won't, can't). The Deltora Quest series consists of fifteen books in the actual series, and five spin-off books. That is a total of twenty books, for those of you too lazy to count. Without a single contraction. Therefore, Emily Rodda is my hero.

"Deltora" refers to the land of monsters and magic. "Chick" refers to my gender (doesn't take a genius to figure that out). "05" is my birthdate number = DeltoraChick05.

-DeltoraChick05

8/26/2010 #43
guppylove

I keep fish. I was loneguppy before, but the link was pointing to my FF profile instead of FP. Not sure why that was.

9/1/2010 #44
essenceflower

My current Penname essenceflower comes from the first relatively meaningful poem I wrote. I was ECSTATIC. :)

9/11/2010 #45
Halfbloodlycan

For Halfbloodlycan, well, I'm a werewolf fan and prefer the term lycan. As for halfblood, I was reading The Wereling Trilogy at the time I think.

11/22/2010 #46
Eiya Weathes

My pen name is Amethyst Penn. As a young girl, my favorite gemstones were sapphire and amethyst. I was never a diamond girl anyway. I guess over time, I was in love with how pretty and slightly unusual the color of an amethyst is. Add that plus my growing obsession with color, I got the amethyst crayon as my pen name before I registered here in fictionpress. I just referred to myself as that. But when I joined here, I thought that being a 'crayon' wasn't me anymore. Crayons were pretty but I have this weird fascination with unusual pens. Thus: Amethyst Penn. :)

12/5/2010 #47
Xevious Cat

My name 'Xevious Cat' is a combination of a game I like and my nickname. I wanted to be just 'Xevious', which is an 80's arcade game which was the first to allow vertical scrolling. It's really hard but addictive! Also a character I made up that is probably my favourite shares that name.

However, it was sadly taken by someone who writes fanfiction about the Power Puff Girls (Weird, right?). So I just stuck 'Cat' on the end, as that is my nickname and I adore cats!

12/8/2010 #48
Ellie.H

Hm, I have changed mine since I last posted - I sort of modeled it after my FanFiction pen name XxXAnge-NoireXxX (Meaning 'Black Angel' in French) with XxXChat-NoirXxX (Meaning 'Black Cat') Why? I like French.

12/8/2010 #49
Alan Wolf

A combination, one of my given names and my favourite animals. Something I originally used on social networks to protect myself from Identify theft, but became somewhat an online alias so to speak.

2/13/2011 #50
Le Sanctuaire

Well, my book-in-writing is called "The Sanctuary" and it has a lot of French things in it. So I say "Le Sanctuaire"

I came up with this during 8th grade and it stuck with me.

3/2/2011 #51
Artficial Smile

Well~, I love the hungergames, and my email account was already sweetmockingjay, so I've gone with bird! The sweet part? I'm not sure, but most people say I'm nice even though I say I'm not.

5/9/2012 #52
Corinna Tate

I was almost named Corinne Tate when I was born. My parents had it picked out, but when they woke up my mom and asked her, she gave a totally different name; one she'd never heard! My dad was an unpublished writer -- he died when I was only 8. He's my inspiration, so I thought if I ever get published, I'd have to have my maiden name in my pen name. I'm Corinna here, and Corinne on Fanfiction.

5/26/2012 #53
Dean Collins

I love the tv show Supernatural, and my two favourite characters are Dean Winchester and Castiel the Angel, and in the time I was into role playing forums I created a character with Dean's first name, and the second name of the actor who plays Castiel which is Misha Collins. Kinda liked it so I kept it in mind.

5/27/2012 . Edited 5/27/2012 #54
Princess of Promise

Echelon Erased. This points to both of my fandoms, 30 Seconds to Mars and Muse. The Echelon part is 30STM (it's what the fans call themselves, and the fanbase was named after the song of their's, Echelon .). The Erased part is Muse, which points to the song Citizen Erased, one of their best songs ever (any Muser can agree with me on that).

5/28/2012 #55
Matsuko-Chan
Ummm... oh yeah! My username is from my two favorite book characters, Effie Trinket, and Luna Lovegood. I just mashed the names together... I know, creative, right? * note the sarcasm*
7/5/2012 #56
Silvia Hearten Calen

Well when I first made my accout here, I wanted to have something unique and not have to use any numbers or dashes or the like. I already liked the name Silvia, but I decided to scramble up the letters from my real full name. It was luck that I was able to spell Silvia using my actual name. I didn't use all the letters from my real name though 'cause I really liked Silvia Hearten Calen so four letters from my real name were never used.

Plus, I had taken a look at other author names and saw that, for the most part, everybody's penname looked like it could be a real name. :P :)

7/22/2012 #57
« Prev Page 1 2
Forum Moderators: aka Providence
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member