freethephoenix
I made a forum. Yay for the new FictionPress!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
freethephoenix
I can't write without music. Here is a list of songs that always help me write better:

Best of You -by- The Foo Fighters

Chasing Cars -by- Snow Patrol

Buying Time -by- Great Big Sea

Dare You to Move -by- Switchfoot

Loosing My Religion -by- REM

October -by- Evanescence

Existentionalism on Prom Night -by- Straylight Run

Everything Will Be Alright -by- The Killers

Worlds Apart -by- Jars of Clay

Guinning Down Romance -by- Savage Garden

Nemo -by- Nightwish

Protege Moi -by- Placebo

Needle in the Hay -by- Elliot Smith

The Mummer's Dance -by- Loreena McKennia

5th of March -by- Megaherz

Epiphany -by- Staind

One -by- Scooter

Engel -by- Ramnstein

Fix You -by- Cold Play

Phenonmenon -by- Thousand Foor Krutch

Hope -by- Apocalyptica

Goodbye -by- SR-71

Song to Say goodbye -by- Placebo

Flawed Design -by- Stabilo

Diary of Jane -by- Breaking Benjamin

Smile in Your Sleep -by- Silverstein

Sail On -by- Master Plan

Only Hope -by- Switchfoot

Hands Down -by- Dashboard Confessional

Lonely Ones -by- Lukas Rossi

Not Ready to make Nice -by- the Dixie Chicks

Devil's Eyes -by- Buck 65

Brick -by- Ben Folds Five

Uninvited -by- Alanis Morisette

Pet (Counting Bodies Like Sheep) -by- A Perfect Circle

This is Your Life -by- The Dust Brothers

The Adventure -by- Angels and Airwaves

My World -by- SR-71

Bat Country -by- Avaneged Sevenfold

Alabaster Box -by- Cece Winans

Steady as She Goes -by- The Raconteurs

ReWrite -by- Asain Kung-Fu Generation

Tomorrow -by- SR-71

Deep Water -by- Jewel

Amen -by- Jewel

12/11/2006 #1
Creative Appreciation Pt 1
Check out our work for references to music, especially the Pauline Incident. Much obliged.
2/4/2007 #2
DuckyTutu
Hmmm. I thought music doesn't help you think.
4/14/2007 #3
freethephoenix
It doesn't really help me think... It gets me in a mood I guess.

Scottish Mints help me think. I call them 'Writing Mints'

4/14/2007 #4
DuckyTutu
Mmm. I know what you mean now. If you're writing a happy story, you put on some happy music, kinda gets you perky. If some horror story, whew, go metal, or rock. Right?
4/14/2007 #5
Valkin
YAY FOR THE RACONTUERS!!!!

And the Asian Kung Fu Generation rox!!! but i only listened to Haruka Kanata (sp, sorry ;P)

I guess some of my favorite bands are as follows:

Pink Floyd

Taking Back Sunday

The White Stripes

The Raconteurs

From First to Last

Coheed and Cambria

Miyavi

The Pillows

Yoko Kanno

The Offspring

The Smiths

The Shins

Alkaline Trio

I also listen to Beethoven, Mozart, Celtic, and especially select anime music. I think foriegn music is awesome, and for a while now I have been on this high for Japanese rock like Miyavi, Due le'Quartz, and The Pillows.

4/24/2007 #6
Valkin
Hmmm. I thought music doesn't help you think.

Actually, it does IF you are listening to trance (or Pink Floyd, or some type of insturmental or soundtrack with no lyrics in them), because, when you hear the lyrics, you tend to get distracted and you feel like writing what the person is singing instead...

-shrug- but it worx for me! ^ ^

4/24/2007 #7
Boner Soup
I listen to music a lot when I write. Generally any kind of rock n' roll.
5/6/2007 #8
bitterlyysweetchoco
I love the White Stripes!

Something about their energy and unique agression just sticks in my mind.

Icky Thump was on my mind all day and coincidentally I finished my sixth chapter!

6/13/2007 #9
Bobby McGee
I can't write without any background noise, so this is a good topic for me. :D I just listen to whatever's on the radio when I write, though. No big long list of songs here.

- Carly

6/30/2007 #10
MadCat1030
Hi.
7/5/2007 #11
freethephoenix
lol, hi! hahaha

What's your favourite song to write to? Today I was listening to 'Hey There Delilah' by Plain White T's while walking home from work carrying a giant can of Mushrooms when a kid almost got hit by a car on his bike and TOTALLY wiped out right in front of me.

I think I know what I'm going to write my next book about.

7/5/2007 #12
MadCat1030
You have a crazy life.

Now... about songs with which I do write-eth.

I always find "The Sound of the Whole-House Fan" to be quite stimulating for my imagination. Nah, I really prefer to--- WAIT!!! There is a song I usually find myself listening to while writing, and that song is!!!!!!!! (long drawn out pause after crescendo for effect)

And will always be......... (long drawn out blah-de-blah blah for effect)

The name is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Do I have to say?)

I honesty forgot.

I gotta go look for the burnt disk of mine... Man I wish we had a fireplace, it would make everything that much easier!

7/5/2007 #13
MadCat1030
Wait!

A can of mushrooms?????????

7/5/2007 #14
freethephoenix
hahahaha! *dies laughing* You're so hilarious.

And ya, a giant can of mushrooms. 0.o weird I know... That's why it would be awesome in a story!!

"Oh hey Kid who just wiped out, are you okay?"

Kid: "Uhh... is that a giant can of mushrooms you're carrying?"

"Why yes it is!"

7/5/2007 #15
MadCat1030
"Might I ask of what Genus and species your mushrooms are?"
7/5/2007 #16
MadCat1030
PS: that was a bystander, not the kid. The bystander is totally unaware of the kid, all focus is on the can of mushrooms.

He's a freak.

7/5/2007 #17
freethephoenix
LMAO

Oh man.

This mushroom incident might be more suited for The Screename Adventures than an actual story, hahaha. Anyway, I noticed your complete and clever avoidance of the question. Does this mean you are one of those Needing of complete silence to write types?

7/5/2007 #18
MadCat1030
I'm sorry, I'm going off-topic here. I was just reading your interests on LiveJournal.

For a second, I thought I was looking at my sister's FaceBook. Ahh... what memories...

7/5/2007 #19
MadCat1030
Hm, what?

Does maybe work as an answer for that question?

Who are you?

7/5/2007 #20
freethephoenix
*joining you in off-topicness* Why does my Livejournal remind you of your sister's facebook?
7/5/2007 #21
MadCat1030
AH!! I'm a TombRaider nerd.

The Chiqusters Mix.

I probably spelled that wrong. None of you should know what that is. hehe.... (evil laughs. I suck at those. I need to hire an Omega to do my evil laughing for me... Maybe a medic. Yep, I'm a nerd for that too, for any of you who got that ref)

7/5/2007 #22
MadCat1030
YOUR FORUM MADE ME WAIT 15 SECONDS BEFORE I COULD COME BACK OFF-TOPIC!

Anyway, in other off-topic news on the topic of our off-topic conversation consisting of a topic of... stuff.

All of your likes: Anime, Bleach, Final Fantasy, FMA, creative writing, your laptop, Kingdom Hearts (she's made some vids), Sims 2 (a good Woo-Hoo vid to the Hoo-hoo song [vonage commercials] its called "SimSanity" for anybody who wants to see it COUGH COUGH... GO SEE IT NOW cough cough), mythology (thats a big one), and a few others!

7/5/2007 #23
MadCat1030
Another thing, your talents have got to be the MOST unique I have ever seen!!! I can only imagine what kind of privileges they get you... If only I could blink... I make that wish *EVERY* day... And man, walking would be good too. I don't really see the sense in listening though...
7/5/2007 #24
freethephoenix
lol, well, maybe if you eat your vegetables you'll grow up big and strong like me. :D
7/5/2007 #25
MadCat1030
And now I must conclude my ranting to the seeming nothingness that is responding!

The subheader for your LiveJournal makes it all eight point five (5,402.763) times (+) better (CHEESE). I hope the simplifications make it all easier!

I understand it "Eight point five times better" didn't make sense. Its very common. Seriously! Doesn't "5,402.763 + CHEESE" make so much more sence????

And now, a POEM!

Good night, I bid thee adieu,

I must go away from all of you.

And stay away, as long as I can

From the toilet, or the poo.

Thank yOU!

7/5/2007 #26
MadCat1030
NO!!! Its... STARTING... AGAIN!!! A... a... TANGENT!!!! DIGRESSION!

I wrote a poem about my cats once... I might post it someday... Its all in Iambic Pentameter!!! GO SHAKESPEARE!

7/5/2007 #27
freethephoenix
I am so confused Right Now. lol

Your poetic skills pwn mine. I am ashamed.

7/5/2007 #28
MadCat1030
My toxicity has that effect sometimes!

Also, just for the sake of my being me (GASP!), I must add one (more) random thing!

My cats have names!

Yep. All... however many of them there are! Tika-Caliko (she is evil incarnated! Hmm... Astaroth? She only appears at night, and is evil. Incarnated. Hmmmm.... De ja vu?), Turbuhthor ('ter-buh-thoar), Weej (I can't spell that, I call him Dib-Cat, we can thank a little Freudian slip a few days ago for that one), Panini (HE'S FAT AND ORANGE. I love him) and Ralph.

Ralph's dad got hit by an SUV... But he's still alive and kickin'! That 3 legged, no-bottom-jawed, half-eared, deaf, slightly-blind cat still makes kittens, EVERY DAMN YEAR! Too... MANY kittens...... At least we have neighbors, MUAHAHA! Most of them live outside.

DAMN! That went on for longer than I wanted...

I was at a party a few days ago. Some kid graduated. Mark Galben or something. And I was playing foos-ball!

7/5/2007 #29
MadCat1030
I have a life altering question...

What's your favorite color?

7/5/2007 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: freethephoenix
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member