Nightshade Academy
The sequel roleplay to Nightshade Academy is now up! :D The forum is called House of Cards and will take place 10 years after the events of Nightshade Academy. It is NOT a school setting and characters will NOT be school-aged. If you are interested in joining and/or want more info, message The Primp State. :)
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
The Primp State

The Headmistress' office is a large room with oak panel walls. It has a solid mahogany desk with a green shade lamp, filled with whatever books or trinkets the Headmistress chooses to keep. A wide, enormous window with a bay seat lines one wall directly facing the door. Bookshelves are on either side of the fireplace, which is opposite the desk. All around the walls are portraits of previous Headmistresses and Headmasters.

3/29/2012 #1
The Primp State

[From Hallways #24]

Racha reached the stone sphinxes flanking the doors just as they were starting to slide shut. "Shit," she swore under her breath, and sprinted towards them. Nearly sliding in like a baseball player, she just managed to wedge her foot in between the doors. "Help me!" she said in a low hiss at the others, trying not to attract the attention of anyone already inside, even with all of Lei's cloaking spells. With her hands, she began to pry one of the doors back open.

3/30/2012 #2
scorpioseas

(From Hallways #25)

Or, rather, Alex almost slip through the doors. He was right behind Racha, who decided to slide through the doors. For a few moments, he thought that she would make it, and let the rest inside while being as discreet as possible, but he was wrong.

When Alex approached Racha, he quickly glanced inside to make sure nobody was averting their gaze towards them. "Okay, let's go," he said, gently pulling the doors away from her foot. He could tell she was in slight pain with such weight. Finally, after succeeding, he asked in a low voice, "You're good, right?"

3/30/2012 #3
The Primp State

"Of course I'm good. Thanks," Racha said to Alex, quickly suppressing her slight grimace of pain. She hoped nothing had been damaged. What kind of an attacking midfielder would she be if she couldn't score goals? Clapping her fellow werewolf lightly on the shoulder and flashing him a quick grin of gratitude, she held open the door, gesturing at the others to hurry. "Come on! They're already inside the main office!"

((Let's stop here and wait for other people))

3/30/2012 #4
The Mango Tree
Desmond slipped through the door, nodding at Alex for holding it open. He stayed behind Racha to make sure she wasn't alone while Alex held the door for everyone. He stayed quiet as they swiftly went through.
3/30/2012 #5
xXHistoryGeekXx

(From Hallways #27)

Monica hurried through the door, joining the other students. What are you guys doing? she mouthed, hoping they would understand her.

3/30/2012 #6
scorpioseas

Investigating, he mouthed back, hoping that she would catch on. He wondered where the two came from, but didn't mind in the slightest. He motioned Racha to go, and that he would open the door. Racha seemed to know what was going on out of the group, anyways. The rest crept in one by one.

3/30/2012 #7
XxSparrow.In.The.SnowxX

Nicholas remained at the doorway, looking back at the others. He would, of course, wait for Racha before heading all the way in. And he also wanted to pause and ensure there was nobody else aware of what they were up to.

3/30/2012 #8
The Primp State

Racha glanced at Monica, who had come up out of nowhere. Yet another person was going to put a strain on Lei's spell, but luckily, they now had a sorcerer in their group. "Can you cast another silencing and cloaking spell?" she asked the older girl quietly. "One probably isn't going to cut it for six."

3/30/2012 #9
The Mango Tree
Desmond furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm half sorcerer you know. I can do a little magic as well," He whispered, slightly hurt since he thought Racha knew this, but he shook it off.
3/30/2012 #10
xXHistoryGeekXx

Monica nodded, and cast the most powerful cloaking and silencing spells she knew. That should do it, she thought.

"Are we investigating the incident with the Augureys?" she whispered.

3/30/2012 #11
Legolas.GreenleafFan2278

Lei slipped in beside Racha and Nicholas, looking more than a bit put off. Of course, when Monica had cast her spells, it had relieved the pressure a bit, but nonetheless, he'd have a rather annoying day. "Hurry up and get inside, all of you!" he hissed, not willing to go in until he was absolutely sure he wouldn't be getting anymore...surprises.

(From Hallway #28)

3/30/2012 #12
The Primp State

"Would you all calm down?" Racha ordered, her imperious side showing itself for a brief flash before she quickly curbed it back, finally allowing the door to slide all the way shut. "Yes, we're investigating augureys. Sorry 'bout that, Des," she added hurriedly as she quickly headed down the hallway. "But if we don't move now we'll miss even more."

There was a short sort of antechamber-hallway area with oak panels that led to the door to the office itself. Racha stopped before the closed entrance, and blinked. The next minute, she was sporting two sharp, pointed wolf ears in place of her ordinary human ones. The effect on her appearance was rather odd, but the door was extremely thick even for her regular ears, and this way, she could now hear every word that was being spoken inside the office with perfect clarity.

3/30/2012 . Edited 3/30/2012 #13
XxSparrow.In.The.SnowxX

Nicholas paused by the door and remained silent to listen with his keen elf ears, tuning in on what was said behind the Headmistress's door.

3/30/2012 #14
Legolas.GreenleafFan2278

Lei, while not having super-hearing and couldn't clear the air with his magic without alerting the teachers, did have his slight telepathy. His eyes flashed with mischief, and he got a bit closer to the door, focusing his abilities.

3/30/2012 #15
xXHistoryGeekXx

"What are they saying?" Monica asked, poking around the heads crowded around the door. Being a sorceress, she had the regular hearing of a human and no telepathic powers. She was trying to think of an illusion or spell that would allow her to hear at least a bit of the conversation going on behind the door.

3/30/2012 #16
The Mango Tree
Desmond waited around the group, waiting to hear what they would have to say. He couldn't hear the muffled voices behind the doors, so he let everyone else get close and waited for a response.
3/30/2012 #17
The Primp State

"I'll tell you as I go," Racha replied absently to Monica's question, focusing all of her efforts on listening to the conversation behind the door.

"...really worrisome," was the first voice, belonging to Professor Mackinnon, the English professor. "I thought we all checked the spell's parameters just the day before the students arrived."

"We'll have to go back over them again," Professor Akizuki's voice added. "Check every marker first, and then we'll have to return to the Marshes and check that too, as much as I'm sure none of us wants to."

3/30/2012 #18
xXHistoryGeekXx

Monica furrowed her eyebrows. "What does that mean?" she asked. "What are they talking about?"

3/30/2012 #19
XxSparrow.In.The.SnowxX

"The marshes," Nicholas answered Monica in a brief and hushed tone before he tuned back in.

3/30/2012 #20
scorpioseas

Alex shut the door behind the group and crouched down along with them. Together, they leaned against the door. He changed his ears so he could hear the professors properly, and he was not disappointed. Does that mean they're coming out? He worriedly thought. Nervously, he reached up a hand to run his fingers through his hair, only resulting in bumping his wolf ears. Wincing, he continued listening.

3/30/2012 #21
The Mango Tree
Desmond listened to everyone mumbling, not getting a good chance to hear what the professors were saying. He couldn't imagine it was anything good though, by the look on everyone's faces.
3/30/2012 #22
The Primp State

"But I don't think the augureys came from the Marshes," came a new voice. This time, it was Professor Garland. "They were heading there, but actually came from the completely opposite direction. We should probably redouble our efforts in the southeastern area, and search for any leaks in the Moebius spell."

"And don't forget we have to reassure the students," Professor Aljarafe added. "Many of them, especially the ones belonging to old supernatural families, are still under that outdated superstition about augureys being death omens."

"Moebius spell?" Racha asked, looking at the others in puzzlement. Once again, she silently cursed her lack of knowledge about the supernatural world. She didn't often regret being raised in the human world, but this was one of the times she wished she was a bit more informed about these things. "What the hell's that?"

3/31/2012 #23
The Mango Tree
Desmond shrugged. He didn't usually do research on things unless it was for a project, and the teacher's had never had him look up any Moebius spell. He whispered to Racha, "We can look it up in the library later tonight or tomorrow, yeah?" He asked, concerned. Fed up with not being able to know what exactly was going on, he squeezed in through the crowd at the door and lightly pressed his ear against it, finally able to hear the chatter between the professors.
3/31/2012 #24
Legolas.GreenleafFan2278

Lei frowned. "I've heard Lazare talk about them when I passed him in the forbidden section, once," he whispered. "But he stopped before I could hear anything important," he said, sounding annoyed. "We can question him maybe..."

3/31/2012 #25
The Primp State

If Racha had been fully transformed, the fur at her hackles would have shot straight up at the mention of Lazare's name. "What does Saint-Clair know that we can't find out for ourselves?" she said. "We're all old enough to be in the Restricted Section, except Alex, but no one's going to question him if he's with us. Besides, he's tall enough to pass," she added with a slight grin. "Do you remember which aisle he was in? Then we can just go in and check for ourselves tomorrow," she said, nodding at Desmond.

3/31/2012 . Edited 3/31/2012 #26
Legolas.GreenleafFan2278

Lei grinned, tempted to start humming the, "Anything you can do, I can do better," song. But he refrained, simply nodding, before he focused on the professors once more. The crappy thing about being a wizard, was that you couldn't use your telepathy skills as much as you wanted. It truly sucked for people like him.

Then Lei realized he'd been asked a question, and he blinked. "Oh, I'm pretty sure it was back in the restricted section...where they keep all those older history books and stuff that they don't trust younger students with. That, or it was in the physics sections..."

3/31/2012 . Edited 3/31/2012 #27
xXHistoryGeekXx

"My parents had a long debate about Moebius spells once," Monica said. "I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's some kind of cloaking or blocking spell. Like a fence."

((Just kind of guessing as to what it would be... ^.^))

3/31/2012 #28
The Mango Tree
"That would explain why no one could get through to the Misty Marshes," Desmond whispered, leaning toward the door more and looking at Racha and the others for a further explanation.
3/31/2012 #29
Legolas.GreenleafFan2278

Lei shook his head. "I wouldn't have heard Lazare in the physics section if it was just a wall," he said, frowning. "Now quiet, guys. Not all of us have super-ears."

3/31/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: The Primp State
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member