Writers Untied
Forum for writers to talk. Anyone is welcome. Feel free to get the other members or participate in our games and contests designed to help writers expand their creativity or get more reviews while giving reviews at the same time. NOTE: If you want to post a new topic on the forum please private message phantom130 5 first and tell him what you want the topic to be about. If you don't check with him first the topic will be deleted.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
phantom130 5
Hey guys! I made this community because I thought it would be useful for us to share ideas.
4/7/2012 #1
MerryNightWanderer
Here's my idea for my story where the girl and her brother are stuck in a train wreck: Crazy people try to eat them! It'll be morbid..... hehe.....
4/13/2012 #2
CRAZEDbySUGAR
:3 sounds like a good idea buddy^^
4/14/2012 #3
phantom130 5
lol best story idea I've heard today (well the only idea I heard today to be exact) I'm going to try to get more writers on here and then the real fun is going to start! :D
4/14/2012 #4
CRAZEDbySUGAR
w00t! PARTEH!! I've noticed how my brain seems to be focusing on ghosts a lot lately-__-; (makes my character unhappy because now she has more of "them" to worry about) lol it'd be hilarious if say a little kid were to dress up as a ghost (the whole use of the bed sheetXD) run around and such but ends up meeting a real ghost. The ghost isn't offened or anything...just finds it funny so the ghost gets its own bed sheet and runs around with the little kid. The parents notice the two bed sheets running around and tell their kid they need to get ready for dinner (or something of the sort) and tell their friend to go home. The parent pulls one of the bed sheets to find no one underneath itXD (they pulled the ghost's) and then well freak out lol the kid and the ghost just stare at each other wondering why they're freaking outXD lol that's my idea:3
4/14/2012 #5
MerryNightWanderer
That sounds like it's going to be a really cute story :D Did anyone else see Cabin in the Woods? Because, if you didn't you should. Right now.
4/15/2012 #6
DarknessesDownfall
Haha this is going to be awesome! I'm writing Chapter 6 of the Beyond again since all of it got deleted but there's an issue! I'm halfway through it and I can't write what I'm thinking. Everytime I try I get stuck and it sounds horrible D: I know what I want to say but I can't find the words!!! Any ideas?
4/15/2012 #7
MerryNightWanderer
Maybe you think it's bad, but it really isn't. That happens to me a lot, then I go to someone I trust to give me real criticism, and they say it's fine. Or, maybe it just sucks. I don't know.
4/15/2012 #8
DarknessesDownfall
Thanks :) I'll try that! Have you read either of my stories? If you have time can you? Maybe if you read the Beyond you can give me some tips
4/15/2012 #9
MerryNightWanderer
Sure! But only if you read mine....
4/15/2012 #10
phantom130 5
LOL I love your idea CRAZEDbySUGAR XD lol nope haven't seen Cabin in the Woods, but I'll watch it later :P I understand your pain DarknessesDownfall, trust me that happens to me a lot. When I'm REALLY stuck I often just go on FanFiction or FictionPress really fast and reply to something (as I'm doing right now) then I take a second look at it and I find a better way of wording it. :P I'm hoping with this chat we can give each other writing tips. Like maybe you could copy a part you don't like the wording for and one of us could try wording it for you :3 On another note, I showed CRAZEDbySUGAR this, but I really liked how it turned out so I want to show you guys. This is a scene meant for chapter 13 of my story "Apple". Just a word in advance, I haven't gotten around to editing it yet so sorry for any errors. Basically the mover is helping someone move into a new house, but everything about the home seems strange: The home was small and dark with an old wooden floor that mostly seemed to have rotted away. As you walked further into it you could notice many thick black spiders roaming around the room freely and blending in with the night and no matter where you went there was this strange, indescribable eyrie feeling of dread and evil. It was enough to send shivers down even the most manly of men's spines. The mover was no exception. He continued to eyeball the place. Every fiber in his body was telling him to get the heck out as soon as possible. He turned his attention toward the boy. The boy stood up straight and continued to follow the man. This reminded the man of a robot. The boy's face seemed so… emotionless. This boy was only a kid, why wasn't he acting like one? "So, uh… What's your name?" The mover asked with hopes of stirring up a conversation. "I'm James," The boy replied. 'I'm James', the words seemed normal enough, but the way the boy said them still seemed robotic. Why was that? The man frantically searched his head for the perfect conversation starter. He needed something, anything that would allow the boy to give more than a two word answer.
4/15/2012 #11
phantom130 5
Sorry for the poor spacing. I didn't think it would go like that -_-'
4/15/2012 #12
DarknessesDownfall
Haha of course 8D I'll read it right away! Hrrmm okay Phantom you know I suck at revisions!! Anyways me and you are having the opposite problems. My story is barely wordy while yours has a lot of information...
4/15/2012 #13
phantom130 5
lol yeah. :( Do you like it though? :3
4/15/2012 #14
CRAZEDbySUGAR
I have yet to see cabin in the woods^^; (but I wanna see The Woman In Black firstT_T) DarknessesDownfall its okay...I've been stuck on writer's block for a while too-___-; I was able to write at least a paragraph more of chapter 7 of Raven Hollow and soon got stuck:I for Nymilanious One Shots I am also stuck on the newest one shot I've been working on (It's mainly been the conversation that needs to happen between Nym and her father-__-) but sadly speech class has been taking all my creativity so not much thought has been used for the stories (darn you school! DARN YOU!!!!) and Phantom I made some suggestions in the PM:3 love it by the way well DarknessesDownfall you could always do what I do when I'm stuck...randomly create snippets with the characters involvedXD It has helped me become more descriptive too..lol just ask PhantomXD
4/15/2012 #15
DarknessesDownfall
It is awesome! Haha you'll hate me for the chapter I'm writing right now because stuff happens to Maria
4/15/2012 #16
CRAZEDbySUGAR
lol I won't hate youXD at least you're writing:3
4/15/2012 #17
phantom130 5
LOL so true XD Oh no don't hurt Maria! XD (Sorry just wanted to say that lol) Thanks CRAZEDbySUGAR, I took some of your suggestions and this is what I came up with: The home was small and dark with an old wooden floor that mostly seemed to have rotted away. As you walked further into it you could notice many black spiders roaming around the room freely and blending in with the night and no matter where you went there was this strange, indescribable eyrie feeling of dread and evil. It was enough to send shivers down even the most manly of men's spines. The mover was no exception. He continued to eyeball the place. As he walked the floorboards creaked. Every fiber in his body was telling him to get the heck out as soon as possible. He turned his attention toward the boy. The boy stood up straight and continued to follow the man. This reminded the man of a robot. The boy's face seemed so… emotionless. This boy was only a kid, why wasn't he acting like one? "So, uh… What's your name?" The mover asked with hopes of stirring up a conversation. "I'm James," The boy replied. 'I'm James', the words seemed normal enough, but the way the boy said them still didn't seem right. It almost seemed rehearsed. Why was that?
4/15/2012 #18
CRAZEDbySUGAR
^^there we go~ you have to watch out for repeated words:3 sounds much better now even though not much was changed^^
4/15/2012 #19
phantom130 5
Yay! :D
4/15/2012 #20
MerryNightWanderer
Should I kill off my main character's brother? I am contemplating it, but I've already killed off the rest of her family, so I don't know. If I do, it'll definitely be later. I need to make people love him first, then brutally murder him. Any thoughts?
4/15/2012 #21
phantom130 5
Why don't you have the brother live, but the main character doesn't know he's still alive until later! :D I haven't read this story yet so I'm not sure, but I always like when the do that in books or movies :P
4/15/2012 #22
DarknessesDownfall
The question is why kill him off. What will killing him give to your story. Will it bring your main character so much sorrow that it crushes her being and makes her feel isolated from the world. Does she go crazy and start killing people....yeah so ask yourself questions like these because its not our decision but yous :)
4/15/2012 #23
phantom130 5
Oooo! I like DarknessesDownfall's answer! :D
4/15/2012 #24
MerryNightWanderer
Killing him would bring her sorrow and force her to be braver and stronger and push through to finally get out of the Rockies. I could keep him, and I probably will.
4/15/2012 #25
phantom130 5
:)
4/15/2012 #26
CRAZEDbySUGAR
oh gosh:I I am bad with killing off characters...I kind of hate it since 1) once you kill of the character you can't bring them back for something else 2) you may loose some people if you kill of a character that people love...has anyone seen the last two Harry Potter films or read the last book The Deathly Hallows? I was made when J.K. Rowling killed off some of my favorite minor characters...I even threw the book across the room. *sighs* I barely made it through the book if it hadn't been for Neville and Luna (love those two characters sooooo much) you can kill off your character but the way you kill them off is probably the toughest part:I I know not really giving advice but I just want to point out the bad when you kill them off is all^^; though you can also bring characters back as ghostsXD I've never really killed off a character....they were already dead so yeah not much experience in that department:I gah I wish I could be more helpful
4/15/2012 #27
CRAZEDbySUGAR
GOOD ANSWER DarknessesDownfall!!!
4/15/2012 #28
MerryNightWanderer
Thanks guys! I'll keep Damian untill I see a better reason to crush the life from his body.... Sorry. In the writing mode. I'm working on Chapter four. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it up by tonight.
4/15/2012 #29
DarknessesDownfall
Haha your having inner turmoil o.O I hate that! Does it benefit your story more if he's alive?
4/15/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: phantom130 5 SupaSaiyanGamer, MysteriousFire, DarknessesDownfall, The Immortal One
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member