Thee New Romance RP
Come on in!Everyone welcome.There is a designated M topic too,for lemons and such.xD
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 .. Last Next »
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
"Yeah? Well, he said he'd see if he could get down here. You may have another visitor on your hands sometime soon."
7/10/2012 #961
Thee Cult of Personality

Cassie gave a sad,weak smile."You're acting like I'm dying,Lane."

7/10/2012 #962
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
"I was afraid that you were," Lane admitted. He ran a hand through her hair. "You scared me."
7/10/2012 #963
Thee Cult of Personality

"I still might."Cassie said,quietly.She honestly didn't know if she'd make it through.She already had,what,two setbacks?How many more setbacks would it take before her body just gave up?

7/10/2012 #964
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
(I only have time for these quick posts XP sorry.) "Don't think that way," Lane stated firmly, frowning. "You think that way and you won't make it out. Do you know how terrible I'd feel if I lost you? I would go crazy, probably in a literal sense. It's not fair to me and it sure as hell isn't fair to you." He paused for a moment and sighed. "You'll think differently when John comes by. He'll convince you otherwise."
7/10/2012 #965
Thee Cult of Personality

OT:xD It's fine.

Cassie closed her eyes and sighed softly,shaking her head.

7/10/2012 #966
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
Lane's frown deepened and he had to drop Cassie's hand, leaning back in his chair. This wasn't like her. He didn't understand what would possess her to think this way.
7/10/2012 #967
Thee Cult of Personality

Cassie looked up at him."Lane,its a real possibility.I'm not gonna sit here and pretend that I'm fine."

7/11/2012 #968
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
"The doctors said you'd pull through," Lane argued, gripping the sides of his chair tightly. "Your father got shot and he's up and walking around. There's no reason for you to be thinking this way."
7/11/2012 #969
Thee Cult of Personality

"Babe,"Cassie said,softly."Daddy was shot in his shoulder.I was shot in my stomach,and the doctors don't know anymore."

7/11/2012 #970
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
Lane refused to answer. He merely crossed his arms and stared hopelessly at a spot on the floor. "They told you that?"
7/11/2012 #971
Thee Cult of Personality

"I heard them talking about it when they gave me morphine."Cassie whispered,staring up at the ceiling.

7/11/2012 #972
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
Lane's gaze turned heartbroken as he sat there. He still didn't glance up at Cassie. He still had no doubts that she could pull through, if she wanted to. However, it looked to him like she was already giving up. He wanted to convince her that everything was fine but he just couldn't. Her lack of faith hurt him too much for him to say anything.
7/11/2012 #973
Thee Cult of Personality

Cassie closed her eyes,giving a shaky sigh.A tear rolled down her cheek,and she quickly got up and brushed it away.

7/11/2012 #974
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
Lane took a shaky breath and glanced up at Cassie when she moved to wipe her tear away. "Do you believe in miracles, Cassie?" he asked.
7/11/2012 #975
Thee Cult of Personality

"Not usually."Cassie said,softly."I believe in fate,sometimes,and free will others.Like,in some circumstances,what needs to happen does.And,in others,I believe that you can change fate."She looked at him."Why?"

7/11/2012 #976
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
"Because I do," Lane replied firmly. "And if you won't believe that you'll make it logically, then you should rely on a miracle. I don't care which one you choose to believe, but you'd better pick one because you're going to make it."
7/11/2012 #977
Thee Cult of Personality

"Lane,"Cassie whispered,eyes filling with tears."Don't,okay?Don't try to give me false hope.Doctors don't believe it,and I believe the doctors."She ran a hand over her face."I'm okay with it.If it needs to happen,it will.But I won't have you sit here and try to tell me everything will be fine,when I know it won't."

7/11/2012 #978
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
"So, let's say you die," Lane replied, his voice turning angry now. "Would you really want to spend the last of your time feeling hopeless and just waiting for death? 'Cause I don't know if I can sit around and watch you that way."
7/11/2012 #979
Thee Cult of Personality

Cassie's jaw clenched,her voice having a biting,angry tone as well,but the tears didn't go away as she looked at him."How would you like me to act,Lane?Would you like me to fake it?I can't fake what I feel,and I damn sure won't start trying to now."

7/11/2012 #980
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
"No. Faking it would be even worse than this. I just want you back, Cassie. I never thought you'd just go like this. You're going to give up because some doctors told you that they were worried? Prove them wrong!" Lane stood up, running his fingers through his hair. "You letting him win, Cassie. Your stalker would be proud that he's got you talking this way."
7/11/2012 #981
Thee Cult of Personality

"Let him win!"Cassie yelled,before she pressed the heels of her hands to her eyes."I'm not gonna fight what I can't!I can't make my body recover when it can't!"

7/11/2012 #982
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
"Believing that you'll recouperate is half of the process!" Lane closed his eyes. "Having the will to live does incredible things."
7/11/2012 #983
Thee Cult of Personality

"I'm not gonna do this."Cassie whispered,voice sounding lifeless and broken."I'm not gonna fight about this."

7/11/2012 #984
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
Lane's expression broke. For a moment, it was one of pure agony. However, it soon cleared into and emotionless mask. "Fine," he replied, opening his eyes once more. They were lifeless and dull. He moved to sit back down, this time on a chair a bit farther away from Cassie.
7/11/2012 #985
Thee Cult of Personality

Cassie looked at him,hating the look in his eyes.She looked away,closing her eyes tightly.

7/11/2012 #986
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
Lane didn't bother to start another conversation. He just atred at her with his empty eyes, his blank expression. He had poured everything he had, all of his emotions, all his passion and love, everything into trying to convince her to live. He couldn't do it anymore. He couldn't feel anything. Nothing at all.
7/11/2012 #987
Thee Cult of Personality

Cassie opened her eyes and grabbed her phone,handing it over to him.She looked away,not being able to take his expression.She had done this to him.She knew that she was poison for him.She tried to warn him,and he hadn't listened."Call Jess.She'll give you directions to the airport,or to the hotel.You should go home or get some sleep."

7/11/2012 #988
CampingUnderTheStarsXoxO
Lane took her phone and set it back on the table. "No," he denied, his voice flat. As empty as he felt then, he knew that he'd regret doing simething like that later. "I'm not leaving."
7/11/2012 #989
Thee Cult of Personality

"Lane,"Cassie said,firmly.She forced it out."I don't need you here.Go home."She knew that it would be a repeat of leaving the island,but it had been made clear.They couldn't be functional.They just couldn't.

7/11/2012 #990
« Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Thee Cult of Personality
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member