SL's asylum
Just a place to hang out, go crazy, and discuss my stories if you wanna. Bring snacks!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
StarvingLunatic

A place to talk about my stories in general, be it a little one-shot, a short story, a novel-length story, or one of the series. I'd love to hear from folks! :)

6/25/2012 #1
Kitmaro

Is there ever gonna be another story with Gus and Jayce in it?

6/25/2012 #2
StarvingLunatic

Most definitely. i have a lot of loose ideas for Gus and Jayce. I need to figure out how to tie them all together to get a decent story, or I might just do a few one-shots. We'll see how it works out. Before anything, I need time to write and there are stories ahead of poor Gus and Jayce. But, they will return.

6/25/2012 #3
The Eternally Heartbroken

You could always do a one-shot (or series) about how Remy and Drew (from 'Jolene') got together. That would be rather cool. Or maybe a story for Jolene and how she finds happiness.

6/26/2012 #4
StarvingLunatic

A few people asked about a story starring Jolene finding happiness, which I thought was odd. People seemed to like Jolene, even though she was essentially a home-wrecker, on purpose even. I would like to revisit Remy and Drew. I just don't have any real ideas for them. Most of my characters, I'd like to revisit, but sometimes nothing comes to mind for what's going on in their lives or I don't have the time. :(

6/26/2012 #5

I guess people just wanna see redemption, which you could theoretically do. IDK...

6/26/2012 #6
psychotic-cat17

I wouldn't say that Jolene doesn't deserve happiness, but I have no burning desire to see a Jolene based story (although I would certainly read it if you wrote it SL). I do not look favorably upon anyone who knows that someone is taken and decides to go after them anyone, especially because to me it seemed like Jolene was really only after sex, not any sort of deeper relationship. As a character, Jolene served her purpose as someone who tested Remy and Drew's relationship, but I can't say that I like her.

6/27/2012 #7
StarvingLunatic

I don't really want to redeem Jolene. Honestly, I thought she was a bitch. She went after Remy, knowing Remy was with Drew and purposely tried to interfere with their relationship. In the beginning, she was only after sex. She just happened to fall in love by accident and didn't get the girl. It would seem that she didn't realize how much she enjoyed Remy company. She has a hint of being a spoiled brat. Someone who's used to getting her way and then Remy told her no. Of course, that would have been the thing to change her, but I'm not interested in finding out.

6/27/2012 #8

Eh, alright. I guess I see you guy's points.

6/27/2012 #9
StarvingLunatic

You wanted to see a Jolene redemption story?

6/27/2012 #10

It would be interesting, I guess. I like redemption stories for most antagonists.

6/27/2012 #11
StarvingLunatic

I'm sorry. I just didn't get a vibe from Jolene that makes me want to go any further with her. Most of my other character, I could write forever, but she's just not one of them.

6/27/2012 #12

I understand. There are times where I'm like that too. Like how I promised to do a Twixie MLP oneshot and now I don't want to do it.

6/27/2012 #13
StarvingLunatic

And this is why I never promise to write something. If I'm interested, I'll say that I'll try. Sometimes, there just isn't the time or I lose interest.

6/27/2012 #14

True. Very, very true. I still need to write that thing, but I can't stop writing Avengers fics!

6/27/2012 #15
Kitmaro

I think the reason people wanted a Jolene redemption thing is the whole idea that deep down the bad ones are good. Although most of the time that's just wishful thinking.

6/28/2012 #16
StarvingLunatic

I don't think Jolene showed any signs of being good. Until the very end of the story, she's consciously trying to break up a happy couple and steal Drew's girlfriend. It wasn't even like Drew did something to Jolene. Jolene just decided Remy was hot, she wanted her, and she would get her. I don't see anything in Jolene that could be mistaken for good. Maybe I'm wrong.

6/28/2012 #17
psychotic-cat17

I agree that Jolene has no redeeming qualities as you wrote her. That's not to say that she couldn't at some point have a change of heart and be essentially a nice person, but as she was I just don't like her.

6/28/2012 #18
StarvingLunatic

No, you're right. She could possibly have a change of heart and suddenly become a nice person, which might be a hell of a story. Unfortunately, I can't picture it, therefore cannot write it.

6/28/2012 #19
psychotic-cat17

Completely understandable; while characters can surprise you, they are essentially what they are. I'm not one of the people who wanted a Jolene redeemed story anyway, so I won't be disappointed.

6/28/2012 #20

So, on a different note, I noticed that you have a bunch of stuff planned, SL. How is that coming along?

6/28/2012 #21
StarvingLunatic

I'm still working on Bandages, but once I'm done with that I'll get to Read Between the Lines and I have to give some attention to my fanfics. I don't know what I'll be doing after Read Between the Lines, but I have tons of ideas.

6/28/2012 #22

What's "Read Between The Lines" about?

6/28/2012 #23
StarvingLunatic

It's about two college students that start off as a fuck-buddies end up friends and gradually fall in love with each other.

6/29/2012 #24

Sounds good. A bit cliche, but good. I'll read it, no doubts.

6/29/2012 #25
StarvingLunatic

Isn't most romance cliche?

6/30/2012 #26
psychotic-cat17

I, personally, tend to really enjoy stories like that. I like stories where a good foundation is built before a couple really decides to give a real relationship a try, which is why I really tend to like the cliched friends that turn into lovers stories. This is probably based on my belief that love at first sight does not exist. I believe that lust at first sight exists, but love takes time to develop and actually become meaningful - it means getting to know someone else, from their faults to their quirks to their good qualities. Anyway, I'm excited to read whatever you come up with next.

6/30/2012 #27
StarvingLunatic

I just like to build the relationships of my characters, so often they start off as friends. They spend time getting to know each other, getting to know how they'll get alone. I don't really believe in love at first sight either. It may happen every now and then, but I just can't write it. I can't justify it since I don't understand it. I don't understand how you could love --truly love -- someone that you know absolutely nothing about. I don't see how you can feel anything toward someone you know nothing about. I agree that lust at first sight agrees and that happens every day to thousands of people. But, yeah, more stories to come. I just need the time to write them.

6/30/2012 #28
psychotic-cat17

I'm sure we all understand that it takes time to write these things. I haven't been able to keep up with my one ongoing fanfic for the past couple of months, so I certainly won't be bugging you to hurry up and write more, even if eagerly look forward to more.

6/30/2012 #29

Oh, I know that feeling. I have about 4 or 5 oneshots planned, and I have two multi-chap's to update. Add to that a novel I'm working on, and you get a headache.

6/30/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: StarvingLunatic The Eternally Heartbroken
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member