SL's asylum
Just a place to hang out, go crazy, and discuss my stories if you wanna. Bring snacks!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
The Eternally Heartbroken

Can anyone suggest any yuri that I haven't already read? I'm getting low!

6/27/2012 . Edited 6/27/2012 #1
StarvingLunatic

Can we change the title of this to "story recommendation"? Suggestions make it seem like you're looking for suggestions of stories to write. As far as story recommendations, do you want fanfics or originals here?

6/27/2012 #2

Alright, I'll change it. Also, either works as long as I know the fandom of the fanfiction.

6/27/2012 #3
StarvingLunatic

A Simple Strength is a fav of mine: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2786826/1/ Summary: the story of a hotheaded warrior woman and her slave. Set in an Ancient Greekish sort of fantasy world. Femslash, ancient gods - and, of course, much adventure.

Fanfics, I think you'd have to narrow down the fandom, unless you really don't care and just want yuri.

6/27/2012 #4

Read it. Faved it. Last year.

Hmmm...fandoms I follow right now are Kim Possible, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Saints Row, Azumanga Daioh, Yotsuba!, Big Bang Theory, Gorillaz, Avengers, MLP, and a bunch others that I can't remember right now. I guess I'm mostly looking for original stuff.

6/27/2012 #5
psychotic-cat17

I just got into Mass Effect because my writing partner LOVES that series. Sadly, I haven't read very much fanfic and I only ship FemShep/Liara, so I can't really help you out with any really good stories. Sorry. :( I promised I would write some with my partner but I have to finish ME1 first and I'm not much of a gamer. She gets a little impatient with me because I'm also super through, so I'm doing all of the side missions and that takes some serious time.

6/27/2012 #6

Oh, I love Femshep/Liara! Of course, I love Femshep/Tali too, and I'm upset that you can't date her as a female. Oh well, Liara's still pretty good.

6/27/2012 #7
psychotic-cat17

I love the character of Tali, but I see her as more of a little sister to Shepard than anything else, not that I'd be averse to reading some FemShep/Tali at some point. Tali just seems so young to me. The other problem is that she never gets out of that damn suit because of her weak immune system. I'd love to know what the girl actually looks likes under the full-body suit and I just can't picture it on my own.

6/27/2012 #8

By ME2 and 3, she grows up quite a bit. In two, she leads a quarian science team, and she can be an admiral in ME3. Also, you see her face (albeit, it's a photoshopped picture of a real life model taken from a stock photo) in ME3.

6/27/2012 #9
StarvingLunatic

In an attempt to get this thread back to what it was supposed to be about, here's a KP author I adore: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1058404/ The Humbug writes really good family stories, Kim, Shego, and the twins.

6/27/2012 #10

The twins?

6/27/2012 #11
StarvingLunatic

Really, dude? You don't know about No Drogs' twins Kasy Ann and Sheki? They're like the default kids of the Kigo world. They've got tons of pictures and fanfics featuring the twins with their moms. It all starts here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2689363/1/A_Small_Possibility

6/27/2012 #12

I'll have to look into that story. I've heard of it, but haven't read it.

6/27/2012 #13
StarvingLunatic

It's a good series. It's also a classic. Have you read Alone, Together? Another classic KP story.

6/28/2012 #14

Alone, Together is my favorite KP story.

6/28/2012 #15
StarvingLunatic

It was good. Have you read an Unacceptable Sitch: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1648203/1/An_Unacceptable_Sitch by Allaine? It's a classic series. Also very good.

6/28/2012 #16

I haven't. I'll read it after I read that one with the twins.

6/28/2012 #17

Ok, I read the one with the twins. It seemed like a shorter and worse version of "Tangled Up In Green". Just me, I guess.

7/4/2012 #18
StarvingLunatic

This was written way before Tangled Up in the Green. Years before. So, if anything "Tangled Up in the Green" is a longer version of A Small Possibility. Other than that, your opinion on the story is your opinion.

7/5/2012 #19

I guess so. Hmmm....

7/5/2012 #20
StarvingLunatic

So, are you good on story recommendations, Eternally Heartbroken? Or do you want more?

7/6/2012 #21

For now, I'm good. I'll post here again if I need more.

7/6/2012 #22
Forum Moderators: StarvingLunatic The Eternally Heartbroken
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member