The American School of Fine Arts
The American School of Fine Arts is the premier boarding school for the arts in the country, and even the world. Every year, dancers, singers, artists, and actors audition for the very exclusive school, but only a select few can get in.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
BalletGirl98

One of the many dorm buildings on the school grounds. Below is a link to what the standard dorm room looks like. There are two students to a dorm room.

BASIC DORM ROOM LAYOUT

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=artsschooldormroom&start=177&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&biw=1280&bih=585&tbm=isch&tbnid=Wb8Og4KCPgLqvM:&imgrefurl=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D64%26t%3D760079&docid=9J7kkBEKNGg0bM&imgurl=http://girlsbedroomdecoratingideas.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Double-Teen-Bedroom.jpg&w=554&h=410&ei=UtYVUJX0B-Lj0QH66YDgCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=256&vpy=233&dur=1137&hovh=193&hovw=261&tx=115&ty=118&sig=116806561445520174298&page=8&tbnh=116&tbnw=156&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:22,s:177,i:75

BATHROOMS- Each dorm room has its' own private bathroom

http://www.younghouselove.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04web/6-2-08-td-bathroom.jpg

LOUNGE AREA FOR THE WHOLE DORM ROOM

http://www.acoloradospringswedding.com/Portals/0/LobbyLounge46.jpg

7/29/2012 #1
BalletGirl98
Polina sighed as she surveyed her half of the dorm room. Her dormmate had yet to arrive. She had already pinned her much prized autographed picture of Ramin Karimiloo on her newly bought cork board, and all her ballet and broadway show posters were up. Her newly bought pink and black and white poka dot comforter and sheets were all laid out nicely on her bed. Now
7/30/2012 #2
BalletGirl98
All that was left was to unpack her clothes, which were packed in five very large boxes and two suitcases, but she would do that later. She sighed, turning back to her much loved Ramin Karimiloo picture and adjusting it, before repinning it.
7/30/2012 #3
Livvy Grace

Lennox sighed as she was looking for her dorm. Finally, she let out a sigh of relief as she read the script on the wooden door. "Pavlova," she read aloud.

She looked at her suitcases. She had three of them, to be exact, which contained clothing and her necessities, like her toothbrush. She had a couple bags as well, containing things like pictures and posters. She also had her guitar case, which had her purple and black guitar inside. Along with her guitar, she carried a single pair of drumsticks.

She hesitated to open the door. She had no idea who this new roommate of hers was. Her roommate from last year had transferred to another performing arts school out of the country. With her luck, it would be some stuck-up, girly, drama queen who wanted everything her way. Well, Lennox was not about to have something like that happen.

She finally swung the door open slightly. She saw a girl with long red hair inside. She didn't look too girly, so Lennox thought she would do. She raised an eyebrow at the girl, who was staring at some picture of a man. Maybe an actor? If he was, Lennox was positive Yuri would know him.

"Uh, hi?" Lennox greeted, rubbing the back of her neck.

7/30/2012 #4
BalletGirl98

"Oh, hi," Polina said, somewhat shyly. "I am Polina."

She got up from her seat at her desk chair, standing awkwardly in the middle of the room. She hated meeting new people, she was a naturally shy person, and never knew exactly what to say. Her picture of Ramin Karimloo fell, and she hurriedly picked it up. It had taken two hours to get the autograph. Two hours of standing in the freezing cold outside the theater, while other fangirls squealed around her. She had even gotten a picture with him.

(Polina's side of the room http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r2dWPBPCP9k/T5q_l3Tg4qI/AAAAAAAAATc/wAT3-ZyR9JU/s400/51x0VhGl9kL._SX450_.jpg)

7/30/2012 . Edited 7/30/2012 #5
Livvy Grace

"Hmm, you don't seem too girly or annoying, so you're alright," Lennox said with a smirk. "Anyway, the name's Lennox Knight. How come I haven't ever seen you? I mean, I don't even think I've seen you at lunch or parties..."

7/30/2012 #6
BalletGirl98

Polina shrugged. "Well, I don't usually go to parties... I am kind of the shy girl."

7/30/2012 #7
BalletGirl98

Abigail was in her dorm room, everything already put up to her liking. Her dance posters were up, her bed was made with the new hot pink comforter and sheets she had bought recently, and her clothes were al hanging neatly in her closet. Now,s he was changed in a pair of black yoga pants, and a hot pink sports bra. Her brown hair was pulled back off of her face, secured with a hot pink pony tail holder and matching bow. Now, she was practicing her dancing. She held onto the be for support, as her leg hung in the air in a perfect back arabesque.

7/30/2012 #8
Livvy Grace

Lennox grinned. "I like you even better now," she said simply as she began to hang up a poster of her favorite band, Halestorm. "Who's the dude in the picture you were gawking over?"

7/30/2012 #9
BalletGirl98

"Oh, um," Polina paused as she hung up the picture again. "It is Ramin Karimloo. He played the phantom, I think he was in Les Miserables to."

She finished hanging up the picture, and picked up her old dance sweatshirt, pulling it on. Suddenly, she realized that she had forgotten to hang up her favorite broadway poster, a rather large one of Phantom of the Opera. She had gotten it after seeing it for the fifth time in New York. It was simple, really. It had a plain black background, with a white mask, and a single red rose and the word Phantom underneath it. The only reason it was special was because the leading actress who played the Phantom had given it to her. Apparently, her mother had known the actor and Polina had gotten to meet him. Out of habit, she began humming the title song from it.

(I made Abigail so your other character would have someone to room with)

7/30/2012 . Edited 7/30/2012 #10
Livvy Grace

Lennox raised an eyebrow. "Hmm, well I'm not a huge fan of the Broadway mess. Yuri might find it interesting, though. She could probably tell you all about random plays. You have no idea how many times I've listened to her explain MacBeth..."

Yuri stood excitedly at the door of her new dorm. She had her three suitcases with her, filled with clothes and such, and a multiple folders fille with her drawings. She couldn't wait to find out who her new roommate was, since her last one was now a movie actress. She was so exicted about meeting a new friend, something she's always loved.

She opened the door and noticed a pretty girl dancing in the room. Yuri gave the girl her signature close-eyed grin. "Hi there!" Yuri greeted in her heavy Japanese accent. "I am Yuri Tanaka, and I am your new roommate!"

7/30/2012 . Edited 7/30/2012 #11
BalletGirl98

"My step sister is like that." Polina said, offering no more of an explanation. Her step family was not something she really enjoyed talking about.

XXXXX

Abigail frowned, this was not what she had expected when she had filled out the roommate compatibility form. She had hoped she would get someone that at least loved the color pink, or was in dance. This girl obviously wasn't. "Abigail." She answered shortly, turning back to her dancing.

7/30/2012 #12
Livvy Grace

"Step-sister, huh?" Lennox said as she layed out her purple comforter with many black music notes on her bed. "Guess I'm not the only one with a step-family. Judging by the tone, though, I may be the only one that can tolerate mine."

"Ooh, that is a very pretty name," Yuri told her new roommate. "You dance very good, too. Like a Broadway dancer in the background of a beautiful solo by the female lead, which ties the whole scene together excellently."

7/30/2012 #13
BalletGirl98

"Well..." Polina hesitated for a moment. "It's not so much her, I can tolerate her most of the time. It's just my step dad."

XXXX

Abigail ignored the comment. "That's you side of the room," She said shortly, gesturing to the ground where she had laid a piece of hot pink duct tape to indicate the sepration of the two sides. "I get the bathroom first in the mornings, my doctor says if I don't having a steaming hot shower every morning I might risk injury. I am a dancer, you know. And all the lights must go off by ten. I have to have exactly eight hours of sleep every night."

7/30/2012 #14
Livvy Grace

"Ahh. The classic. What's the deal? Drinker? Abuser? Cheater?" Lennox asked bluntly, placing another poster of a band, Green Day, on the wall.

"Well, that seems like a weird condition to have with the shower, but okay!" she said happily, going over to her side of the room and placing a drawing of a cute little anime girl on the wall.

7/30/2012 #15
BalletGirl98

"No,worse," Polina said. "Dancer. He is a principal with American Ballet. He has a pretty big head. I am not saying all dancers are like that, mainly just him."

XXXX

God, this girl really could not take a hint. Abigail remained silent, continuing her barre exercises.

7/30/2012 #16
Livvy Grace

"Ooh, arrogant. That is a little worse," Lennox said with a chuckle. "Lucky for me, Ichiro is just on some business Board of Directors. You know, he's Japanese and good with numbers, so he can do the math for future financial choices and attracts Asian business partners from overseas. Something like that. So is he one of those stage dads?"

Yuri placed her brightly multi-colored comforter on her new bed. She placed the best of her drawings either on the wall by her bed, along with pictures of herself and Lennox, while the others remained in her folders. She then got another piece of paper out and began drawing. Being the social person she is, she asked Abigail, with not so great English since she's only been in America for four years, "What town do you come from?"

7/30/2012 #17
BalletGirl98

"Well, he tried to get my step sister into dancing. Her name is Natalia, by the way. Anywhoo, she is more into plays and stuff like that, not to mention she has two left feet. So I was left by default." Polina said. "You'll probably see him at the performance later on."

There was a knock at the door. "Orientation in ten minutes."

XXXXX "New York City," Abigail said, lifting her leg in a effortless develope.

There was a knock at the door. "Orientation in ten minutes!"

7/30/2012 #18
Livvy Grace

Lennox heard the knock and just dismissed it with a shrug. "Eh, should be easy to spot."

"Ooh, that is a very pretty city," Yuri told her. "Not as beautiful as my homeland of Tokyo, though. I lived there until my father remarried while he was on business. Now we move all over because of my father's work. We have lived in Chicago, Oklahoma City, Miami, we even lived in Hawaii. Very pretty there. Now we live in Dallas."

7/30/2012 #19
BalletGirl98

"Very," Polina said. She turned to her closet, after hearing the announcement. She had arrived at the school in a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, but she decided to change into something nicer for orientation. She picked out a flowy cream colored top, with a teal undershirt to go under it, a pair of jean shorts, and her favorite pair of tan strappy sandals. She remerged from the bathroom, changed.

XXXX

"I guess," Abigail said, picking an outfit from her closet and going to bathroom to change.

7/30/2012 #20
Livvy Grace

Lennox looked down at her outfit, which was a black tee with a red guitar on the front, blue jean shorts that were ripped a little, and black Converse. She just shrugged. "I'll just wear this."

Yuri giggled a little bit as she finished her drawing, a dancing anime girl in the middle of a twirl. She based it off Abigail. She was so excited to meet someone new, and she seemed very talented.

7/30/2012 . Edited 7/30/2012 #21
BalletGirl98

"You want to head down now?" Polina asked.

7/30/2012 #22
Livvy Grace

"Sure, why the heck not?" Lennox said, jumping off the bed.

7/30/2012 #23
BalletGirl98

(To Orientation)

7/30/2012 #24
BalletGirl98

Polina headed back to her dorm, exhausted. She plopped down on her bed, panting from the exertion of the three hour class. She picked up her water bottle, taking a long swig from it, before turning to her laptop. She hit the buttons that would start her music, and Ramin Karimloo's rendition of Music of the Night filled the room. Next, the title song came on and she began singing, making sure the door was closed first. She had an excellent soprano voice, but she was still shy about her voice.

7/30/2012 . Edited 7/30/2012 #25
Livvy Grace

Lennox walked into the dorm with a satisfied smirk on her face. "Oy, what's with the Broadway in the room?" she joked, plopping down on her bed after taking off her shoes.

7/30/2012 #26
BalletGirl98

Pollina had been deep in the end of the song, with the difficult notes at the end. The opera part, as she often refered to it. Though she had hit each note perfectly, she blushed. She hated being caught singing. "AH! Oh, sorry," She blushed again.

(Lol the 'ah' part was meant to symbolize the part at the end of the song)

7/30/2012 #27
Livvy Grace

"Well, well," Lennox said with a small chuckle. "I didn't know Little Miss Twinkle Toes could belt out like that."

Yuri walked into her dorm with a huge grin on her face. "Abigail. Are you here yet?" Yuri called out, then noticed some dirty clothes and a bit of trash on Abigail's side of the dorm. With a smile, she picked up her roommate's side of the room, leaving a note on her bed explaining why the clothes and trash were gone. Then with a big smile, Yuri walked into the bathroom and got in the shower.

7/30/2012 . Edited 7/30/2012 #28
BalletGirl98

Pollina blushed, "It is just a hobby, really."

XXXX

Abigail walked into her room, noticing her clothes gone. She read the note, rolling her eyes. It was so hard to be terrible to someone so nice. She sighed, plopping down on her bed.

7/30/2012 #29
Livvy Grace

"A hobby is stamp collecting," Lennox replied dryly. "That, my dear compadre, is a talent!"

Yuri got out of the shower and changed into a sky blue tee that had Pikachu on the front, and bright yellow skinny jeans, with sky blue Converse. She dried her hair, and put it in a high ponytail, somewhat on the side of her head. She walked out of the bathroom, certainly reminding anyone of an anime character. She sat down on her bean bag chair, which was a bright purple, and got out the playbook for Macbeth.

7/30/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: BalletGirl98
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member