The American School of Fine Arts
The American School of Fine Arts is the premier boarding school for the arts in the country, and even the world. Every year, dancers, singers, artists, and actors audition for the very exclusive school, but only a select few can get in.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
BalletGirl98

Here, all band and music classes are conducted.

http://www.boora.com/files/66541232133937Clackamas-High-School--Music-Room.jpg

7/30/2012 #1
Livvy Grace

Lennox stood there with her arms crossed, surrounded by some other students in her class. "Alright, I don't have too many rules," Jenn told everyone. "One, when it comes to music, I'm always right. So if I say you're terrible, you are really terrible. Two, no touching my instruments without my permission. Three, I don't care what you do or say here, or anywhere on campus, because I'm just like that, but what happens in this room...stays in this room. Got it?"

Lennox nodded, along with the rest of her group.

"Good," Jenn said with a smirk. "Now, let's get started with these vocal tests, shall we? First up, Miss Lennox Knight. Ooh, like Annie Lennox."

Lennox just shrugged and did the vocal tests. Jenn raised an eyebrow. "Hmm, you certainly have one of those unique voices. I think you're gonna be in the Advanced category."

Lennox smirked. At the end of the vocal tests, only four of the sixteen scored 'Advanced' in their tests. That was Lennox, another girl who had a really high voice, a boy who had a gravelly voice like a rocker, and another boy an excellent base.

7/30/2012 #2
BalletGirl98

Pollina walked to the music room, trailing behind Lennox. She was not so sure where the music room was. Her days were mostly spent in the dance studio building or int he academic wing. She now realized how truly sad it was by how much her life was revolved around dance. In addition to the required three hours of class, she took an extra hour and a half of ballet, an hour of modern, a forty minute extra pointe class, and a short yoga class. Combing all that with school work, and she was usually stressed most of the time.

7/31/2012 #3
Livvy Grace

"Miss Jenn!" Lennox called out as they entered the music.

Jenn was playing the guitar when she heard one of her students. She looked up and grinned when she saw Lennox. "Ahh, Miss Lennox, the famous rocker herself! What can I do for ya? And who's your shy friend?"

"That's why we're here," Lennox told her teacher. "Ya see, Polina here wants to take this musi class as an elective of some kind."

"Is that so?" Jenn asked, putting her guitar aside. "Is that true, Miss Polina?"

7/31/2012 . Edited 7/31/2012 #4
BalletGirl98

"Oh,um, yes." Pollina said, stuttering slightly. She was sure that with her current stuuttering, she probably did not look like a very good singer.

7/31/2012 #5
Livvy Grace

"Hmm, well here's your first lesson," Jenn told Polina. "Don't be so shy. Those sharks in the music industry can sense fear and nerves. You show it, and you'll get eaten alive in the business. Be more outspoken. Voice your opinion. Let loose. Lennox is a good example of looseness."

Lennox looked down when Jenn said this.

7/31/2012 #6
BalletGirl98

Polina blushed slightly. "Sorry," Hesitating for a moment, she added. "I have not really prepared anything. I do have one song but-"

7/31/2012 #7
Livvy Grace

"Then sing it," Jenn said bluntly. "Another lesson. Do what you know. Sing what you feel and are confident in. If you have no connection or comfort with the song you're singing, it'll show, and you'll fail miserably."

7/31/2012 #8
BalletGirl98

"Okay, um, do you know the music for Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber?'

7/31/2012 #9
Livvy Grace

"Know it? Please! When I was in college, you may find this hard to believe, but I did play the part of Christine," Jenn said, grinning. "Anyway, it's my favorite musical, mainly because it's disturbing and weird...two of my favorite things!"

7/31/2012 #10
BalletGirl98

"Oh... I am kind of obsessed with it. It would be my dream..."

7/31/2012 #11
Livvy Grace

"Dreams, the main thing that keeps the music industry running," Jenn commented. "There's your third lesson. Never be embarrassed of dreams when it comes to music. It's what the industry thrives on."

7/31/2012 #12
BalletGirl98

Pollina nodded slightly. "I will remember that."

7/31/2012 #13
Livvy Grace

"Good!" Jenn said with a grin.

7/31/2012 #14
BalletGirl98

"So, do you want me to sing now... or?"

7/31/2012 #15
Livvy Grace

"Yes now!" Jenn exclaimed. "We're wasting precious time waiting around! Lesson four, time can't be wasted in the music business, NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER!"

7/31/2012 #16
BalletGirl98

"I didn't bring a cd or sheet music or anything so..."

7/31/2012 #17
Livvy Grace

"Then sing Acapella," Jenn told her. "The best virtuosos must be able to sing very well Acapella. That's lesson five. Besides, you need to get used to Acapella singing if you want in my class, because all my students are required to sing at least one Acapella song in each show they perform in."

7/31/2012 #18
BalletGirl98

"Okay," Pollina breathed deeply, closing her eyes before beginning to sing. Her sweet soprano voice began singing:

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came ... that voice which calls to me and speaks my name ... And do I dream again?

For now I find

Pollina winced slightly, she had gone slightly sharp at the end of 'find'.

the Phantom of the Opera is there - inside my mind ... Sing once again with me our strange duet ... My power over you grows stronger yet ... And though you turn from me, to glance behind, the Phantom of the Opera is there - inside your mind ... Those who have seen your face draw back in fear ... I am the mask you wear ... It's me they hear ... Your/My spirit and my/your voice in one combined: the Phantom of the Opera is there - inside your/my mind ... He's there, the Phantom of the Opera ... Beware the Phantom of the Opera ... In all your fantasies, you always knew that man and mystery ... ... were both in you ... And in this labyrinth where night is blind, the Phantom of the Opera is there/here - inside your/my mind ... Sing, my Angel of Music! He's there the Phantom of the Opera ...

Pollina mentally prepared herself. She had sung this part many a time. Sure, it had been in front of her mirror, but she had hit every note. Breathign deeply, she opened her mouth again. "Ah!*insert a bunch of other 'ahs'*" And then hitting the final high note an E6. She smiled slightly on the inside. She had hit the note perfecty.

7/31/2012 #19
Livvy Grace

Lennox and Jenn's eyes were huge when she finished. "That...was..." Jenn said. "AWESOME! That's definately in the Advanced range, along with Lennox here! 'Cept Lennox has a different sound."

Lennox rubbed the back of her neck. "Hehe...yeah..."

7/31/2012 #20
BalletGirl98

Pollina opened her eyes. "Wow... I mean really?"

7/31/2012 #21
Livvy Grace

"Yes really!" Jenn said excitedly. "Now I know what's missing from the Advanced group!"

7/31/2012 #22
BalletGirl98

"Oh my gosh.. wow... I really don't know what to say."

7/31/2012 #23
Livvy Grace

"A 'Thanks, Miss Jenn! It means so much to me that you think I have an excellent voice!' would be acceptable," Jenn said with a smirk.

"Now do you see why she's my favorite teacher?" Lennox asked her friend with a grin.

7/31/2012 #24
BalletGirl98
Pollina laughed. "Yes."
7/31/2012 #25
Livvy Grace

"Well," Jenn said, placing her hands on her hips. "I'd love to have you in class."

7/31/2012 #26
BalletGirl98
"As in the elective class? "
7/31/2012 #27
Livvy Grace

"Well, yeah, since dance is your main one," Jenn told her.

8/1/2012 #28
BalletGirl98
"Okay, and thank you again."
8/1/2012 #29
Livvy Grace

"No problem!" Jenn said with a grin.

(Hey, my phone is complete crap now. It turns on and off by myself, my battery will go dead and I turn it on it'll be fully charged, the screen will have a green tint to it randomly, and now it won't even charge. Anyway, a family friend gave us one of his older phones for free, and we have to get it activated. Anyway, I can only use my phone for important calls, so I won't be able to text you.)

8/1/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: BalletGirl98
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member