No Reviews?
Don't have any reviews yet? Come here tell us your story and I'll check it out and review. If you'll do the same!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
LoneStarCoyote

Hi, my name is LSC. I've only been here for less than a week, and I already feel the need to ask for advice. Ha. Oh well.

My novel is called Instinct Rising. It's been a work in progress for a little over a year. It was previously posted on DeviantArt, but certain issues have spurred me to move it from there. It was also on FanStory, but the cost of having your work promoted got annoying after awhile.

The initial idea of Instinct Rising is unorginal to say the least. My main character, Croy Gilder, is an eighteen-year old going into his senior year at school. Following a traumatic car accident, Croy begins his transofrmation into a werewolf. The transformation is very late because of the fact Croy, nor his mother, knew that his father was a werewolf.

It's set in modern times, so my main question is what category should it be set in. Do the fantasy elements put it in Fantasy? Or does the modern and moderate tone set it Young Adult? Or, even humor. I threw in a lot of sarcasm in this novel.

Other than that, I'd like it to be read. Tear it apart. Nag me for spelling and grammar and even delve into plot points. Is dialouge realistic? I've looked at this thing so damn long I'm not sure what is good or bad anymore.

As a favor, you can leave a link to one of your stories and I'll read and leave a comment/review. I'm also trying to find other stories to read and review, so don't freak out if I don't get to yours right of the bat. Thanks for taking time to read this.

9/2/2009 #1
Chu-Chi Bear
Sure :) everyone wants to have help. I was kinda stuck between saying supernatural and fantasy, but super natural would seem more appropriate. Hmm ... an maybe you could use general and humor as the genres since they ask for two genres. Also, welcome to fiction press :D ~Chu-Chi Bear
9/2/2009 #2
LoneStarCoyote

Thanks for the advice.

9/3/2009 #3
Chu-Chi Bear

You are most welcome :)

9/3/2009 #4
Forum Moderators: Happinessliveselsewere
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member