Teh Forum Part I
This is where you come to discuss and ask questions regarding your stories. Need help developing the plot? Come here. Just want to toss around ideas? Do that here too! Nothing is off limitsunless it breaks the rules, of course.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
GeniusPyromaniac

Would a death "off screen," as in referenced to but occurring before the course of the story, fit in K+ or do I have to bump it up to teen?

11/18/2010 #1
LadyRedPhoenix

I don't think so, in the guidelines before you post a fic it says that K+ should be for children around 5yrs old. I'm not sure if mentioned or off screen counts.

11/19/2010 #2
fantasybookworm2012
It depends on the plot. It depends on WHY the charecter dies. I'll use the name Zila as an example. Let's say this happened: "Zila wasn't more than a few years old, but something went wrong and she died a peaceful death in her sleep. Her older sister, Caroline was devastated but life moved on." Then it'd be fine but on the other hand let's say THIS happened.(this next paragraph IS rated T.) "Zila ran around the sirens following her, she stare confused as her older sister Caraline looke worried. 'What's wrong?' Zila asked desperately and everything just got louder. She heard a gunshot and the next thing she knew it was dark. Somehow she knew it wasn't nighttime she knew that she wouodnt live much longer and her conciousness faded away. Caraline blamed herself for years after ansnse trusted anyone again." I made those up on the spot to make a point.
3/30/2013 #3
fantasybookworm2012
Or for an off screen death it'd be like "Zila died as a young child."(K) Or "Zila died from a bullet in her side."(T) Make sense? Hope so
3/31/2013 #4
Forum Moderators: EmptynessFilled
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member