Teh Forum Part I
This is where you come to discuss and ask questions regarding your stories. Need help developing the plot? Come here. Just want to toss around ideas? Do that here too! Nothing is off limitsunless it breaks the rules, of course.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
MercedesPhoenix

I'm having story problems with two of my stories. If you guys could help, I'd be really grateful!

This first one is probably the most urgent one, because I can't really go on with my story if I can't get over this. I am writing a story about five suicidal teenagers. One of them lost his boyfriend in a gang fight, which is what made him suicidal. I wrote a chapter in his POV when his boyfriend died, and I'm writing a portion of the next chapter in his POV as well. In this chapter, it's been about four to five days since his boyfriend died, so I need to know-- would it be okay for me to have this portion of the next chapter all about his boyfriend/his feelings and actions towards his boyfriend's death? Would it seem too mopey, too "woe is me" to be taken seriously?

The next problem I have is concerning a title for my NaNoWriMo story this year. It's basically just a mature, "human" version of the movie "Lady and the T***" with some added ideas to make it my own. This isn't really something I have to worry about until November, so it's not necessarily a huge problem right now.

If you need any more information on either of these things, just tell me and I'll be happy to supply it!

8/6/2011 #1
afandjegudiel

Well, seeing as the next section you're working on takes place not even a week after his boyfriend's death, I'd say it's not too mopey at all. Someone that close to you, people generally are in mourning for a long time, fraught with dark, reflective moods. There are bound to be some moments of pure horror there and a few instances of happiness when the character is lost in a good memory, as people are wont to do after a death. Keeping the memory as alive as possible, as it were.

10/5/2012 #2
fantasybookworm2012
If something if that nature happens you tend to be sad for a while. When I was nine my pet bird(also my best friend at the time.) was killed getting her wings clipped by a vet. I was upset for two years and I didn't release my grudge against vets until I was fourteen.
12/21/2012 #3
Forum Moderators: EmptynessFilled
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member