Teh Forum Part I
This is where you come to discuss and ask questions regarding your stories. Need help developing the plot? Come here. Just want to toss around ideas? Do that here too! Nothing is off limitsunless it breaks the rules, of course.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Jeremiah Cecil

Hey, I'm a bit torn here on a shot story I put up here on FP.com. When I submitted it, I put it under "General Fiction", but only because I couldn't justify it being in any other category:

-It isn't unrealistic enough to be "Fantasy"

-It isn't historical in setting, but possibly could be if one found the right part of the modern era.

-It isn't spiritual, even though one of the underlying plot points is religious persecution.

-It isn't a thriller or full of angst, even though all the main characters are under stress and quickly then under the gun.

So... what the heck did I write??

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3062937/1/Independence-Day

10/18/2012 #1
fantasybookworm2012
Good question. I have no idea. It could have several sub genres. It takes place in the future with an almost dystopian setting and over ment which can classify it as sci-fi it could be angst because if the gun and music being illegal. So I' suggest put those as your categories. By the way I reviewed it. Great job!
12/21/2012 #2
Jeremiah Cecil

Okay, angst I can kind of see. Though I might note that guns aren't illegal in the story, just music. The singer gets shot because he's singing.

...implying that they all got killed or dragged off to be tried and thrown in prison for life. Gee. I'm just full of happiness, ain't I? _

12/21/2012 #3
FreedominExpression

Hahaha, yes, you are full of happiness. Angst could be a topic, but like the other person said, it could fit in many categories. To do with this question, what am I writing? Haha thanks.

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3040668/1/To-Be-Loved

12/23/2012 #4
fantasybookworm2012
I meant having him being shot is angst-filled. If you're going to be an author make sure you use proper grammar even when just messaging in a forum. That last sentence should have been, "Implying they were all either shot or dragged off to prison. I'm just full of happiness, aren't I?"
3/30/2013 #5
Forum Moderators: EmptynessFilled
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member