Teh Forum Part I
This is where you come to discuss and ask questions regarding your stories. Need help developing the plot? Come here. Just want to toss around ideas? Do that here too! Nothing is off limitsunless it breaks the rules, of course.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
eeblackwriter

I'm nearly finished with my short story collection. Although the themes of the short stories share similar themes, their genres are different. I'm not sure how readers will take it.

One of the stories, which I wrote in college, has an extended timeline that I wish to turn into another short story. And I may turn it into a novel.

Are there any readers on FictionPress that enjoy short stories? Will a multi-genre short story collection throw the reader off?

5/21/2013 #1
TheLongShadow

Most short story collections have some sort of central theme and can jump around in genre. Although I am not a huge fan of his work, Stephen King does this often. Not all of his short stories in one collection share the same horror genre and it seems to still be highly appealing to many readers. Also, most people come here to read short stories. It is exponentially more convienent to sit down at a computer and read a short story than an entire novel. So I would encourage you to write as many as you are want.

Best of luck to you.

-Shadow

3/26/2014 #2
Forum Moderators: EmptynessFilled
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member