Femslash Central
Lesbians in love, such a misunderstood topic in modern culture. It's not just about the color pink, or magical kisses in the rain. It's about two people in love who happen to be women. If you're a writer of femslash or simply a reader, stop in.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Rae D. Magdon

So, I submitted my novel, 'The Second Sister', to Bold Strokes Books. I'm hoping it will be published! =D Wish me luck, please.

Also, I started a blog about the whole experience. It has tips for writers and also updates about my experiences submitting to and working with publishers. Check it out at http://perilouspublishing.blogspot.com

If you do decide to go look, click on the ads, 'cuz I make money.

/end shameless self-promotion

PS: If you decide to read/follow the blog, and want to offer suggestions for post content, feel free!

5/30/2010 #1
Knightmare Elite

Good luck with publishing, and you're taking another amazing step (the first is actually completing the novel) that many writers never reach!

I hope if works out, and I'll definitely buy a copy if you're published. ***cough***signed copy*** cough***

5/30/2010 #2
Rae D. Magdon

Hell yes I will sign it for you, dude. We'll figure out a way to make it work. xD

5/30/2010 #3
Knightmare Elite

When I finally do get published (may be years from now in this industry) I'll hire a P.I. to track you down and send you some signed copies too. You might have use for a 200 page desk prop or door wedge. ;)

5/31/2010 #4
Brenda Agaro

Congrats! Awesome that you're pursuing publication. Don't give up! :D

6/1/2010 #5
Eskye

It better get published. If nobody takes it, you can attempt to sell it yourself as an eBook. I would buy it!

I don't think it lacks in quality, so it would just be the publisher's opinion of the content. In which case, if they deny it, you should threaten them. Secretly, that's what they want.

6/3/2010 #6
Rae D. Magdon

Does anyone know of any writers forums where people can hang out? I'm writing about them for my blog. I've found one so far that seems pretty cool: www.writersbeat.com I want to find some more to join. w

Also, I'm thinking about buying my own domain name from blogger, but I'm not sure if I've been getting enough hits to warrant the expense... ? something to be considered by me, I suppose.

6/10/2010 #7
Knightmare Elite

The less complicated your domain name, the easier it is for people to remember! So for that alone, it's worth considering purchasing your name.

6/10/2010 #8
Knightmare Elite

I would just like to commend Rogue on her amazing blog. She provides invaluable advice and incite into all aspects of writing. Some of her tips have really opened my eyes, not to mention moved pieces forward that I've been stuck on. I can see her teaching an MFA program down the road, and drawing on her decades of writing experience.

If you haven't visited her blog, I highly recommend it. (sorry for the shameless gushing.)

http://perilouspublishing.blogspot.com/

7/7/2010 #9
Rae D. Magdon

D'awww, you're so sweet, Knightmare. Thanks! =D

7/7/2010 #10
Forum Moderators: Knightmare Elite
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member