Femslash Central
Lesbians in love, such a misunderstood topic in modern culture. It's not just about the color pink, or magical kisses in the rain. It's about two people in love who happen to be women. If you're a writer of femslash or simply a reader, stop in.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
PaintedPassion

Just wondering what some of everyone's favorite lesbian novels are that are actually out there and published.

My alltime favorite is Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters. Just something about that book is relatable and I really love the characters.

I'd also recommend:

Rage, also by Julie Anne Peters

Empress of the World, by Sara Ryan. I really liked her style of writing.

Lessons from a Dead Girl, by Jo Kowles. Not exactly a 'lesbian' novel. More of a dark story with lesbian content but it was very deep.

Am I Blue? edited by Marion Dane Bauer- a collection of short stories that I ordered thinking it was just a novel by that author in 5th/6th grade that kind of made me realize I liked girls.

Hear Us Out by Nancy Garden. A historical fiction collection of stories based throughout the decades of time and how homosexuality was dealt with. A good read.

Grl2Grl by Julie Anne Peters. Another collection of short stories.

Also, I'd like to include Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger. It's not centrally about a lesbian, but one of the main characters is, and the sequel (Love and Lies) is in her point of view.

9/13/2010 #1
Brenda Agaro

I love Julie Anne Peters, along with Am I Blue?, and Empress of the World. Haven't read Lessons from a Dead Girl, Hear Us Out, and Hard Love. I'll check those out when I get the chance. :-)

Annie on my Mind by Nancy Garden was (and still is) my favorite lesbian novel, despite the flaws.

If you're into fairytale retellings, I recommend Kissing The Witch by Emma Donoghue. There's also Ash by Malinda Lo, although I personally wish the author focused the plot more on the couple's developing relationship. The author also has another novel coming out soon called Huntress, with another lesbian couple.

11/22/2010 #2
centernova

Empress of the World is my favorite (and the only) novel of any LGBTness I've ever read. Not counting the stories I've read here on fictionpress. I really don't read a lot of these stories because I'm more into the fantasy genre than I am into the realistic genre, and it's hard to find a good story that's got fantasy lesbians. I just picked up Empress because it was in the library and I am slowly running out of books in that place.

I am content on the fact that I SHALL WRITE ONE. If it is the last thing I do.

11/11/2011 #3
Forum Moderators: Knightmare Elite
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member