Femslash Central
Lesbians in love, such a misunderstood topic in modern culture. It's not just about the color pink, or magical kisses in the rain. It's about two people in love who happen to be women. If you're a writer of femslash or simply a reader, stop in.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Knightmare Elite

This idea popped into my head while driving home from work today. Would anyone be interested in making a compilation of femslash one shot stories? We would need at least five people, and they would all have to be new stories. I'm not sure where they would be posted, maybe a neutral account but we'd put our pen names on the individual stories we write along with a link to our profiles.

It's just an idea I'm throwing out if anyone is interested. I think it would be interesting to see a mix of styles, and add some more femslash as an alternative to the already staggering amount of slash fics on the site.

If anyone is interested please respond.

Rules....so far:

1) Each author contributes an original piece of fiction in which the main character(s) is a lesbian.

2) Each story must follow a central theme.

3) Word limit: To be decided on.

4) Time to complete story, thirty days

5) Start date: To be decided on

6) Story due date: To be decided on

7) Editing is to be done to the best of the author's ability, or by a trusted third party

8) Upon completion of all stories, all the stories be posted in a specially created C2 or a neutral account. (open to discussion)

Any interested author must make a post stating their commitment and story idea by July 31, 2009 so that we can work on a start date.

Participants:

Rogue Roxness - Best Enemies

Adrian StClaire - A Snake in the Meadow

Knightmare Elite - Emos Venemous: Aphrodite Academy

Raed J. Dwight - No One in Particular

Lady Macbeth's Murderer -

3/31/2009 . Edited 8/3/2009 #1
Rae D. Magdon

I would be interested! *Raises hand* They should all have a common theme!

3/31/2009 #2
Knightmare Elite

Awesome, I have one potential person on board. Yeah, it would make sense to follow a theme. Any ideas?

3/31/2009 #3
Adrian StClaire

I think It'd be tight, I wanna help out, :]

3/31/2009 #4
Jay Walken

I'll gladly help out on this one. I've been poking around for something like this.

4/2/2009 #5
Knightmare Elite

That's three interested people so far, anyone else? :)

4/2/2009 #6
Adrian StClaire

hmm, what will the theme be though?

I'm thinking the ocean, like, stories set at the ocean or the shore.

Only cause i hsve a great idea already for it, :]]

4/2/2009 #7
Jay Walken

I don't mind what we do. The ocean would be pretty cool.

Also, I have a friend that wants to help out, but she can't post things under her account because she's very conscious about her friends reading her stuff and freaking out about it. Somewhat homophobic, you know? But yeah, she'll be posting things under my name.

4/3/2009 . Edited 4/3/2009 #8
Knightmare Elite

While I still don't have an idea for a theme, I'm strongly leaning toward doing a superhero story. I've had the idea for a long time, and I think a one shot would be a great way to go about it. That way I could just jump into the story without the length origins and such, and if I ever decided to turn it into a full fledged story, I'd have something to work with. She'd definitely get the girl too.

4/4/2009 #9
Adrian StClaire

oh HELL yes she'd get the girl. IM STOKED, lets do this thing.

4/5/2009 #10
Knightmare Elite

Is anyone else interested? The more people we have contributing, the more of a chance that people will pay attention to this. One more thing, please try to avoid the generic 'omg we can't be together, suicide cures all' or worse 'the supportive male friend who is only there for drama, and possibly someting more, essentially turning it into a bi story.'

So far I'm leaning toward a superhero fic, does anyone that's interested in doing this have an idea of what their plot is going to be. We'll have to start setting some dates. Thirty days is more than enough time to write a one shot. Though, we can't even get into that until we have an actual list of those contributing. So please, if you're seriously interested, make a post with your idea, and a plot synopsis. Once we have at least five people, we'll start working out the rest of the details.

4/7/2009 #11
Adrian StClaire

You'd like us all to have a the general theme of superheroes?

4/7/2009 #12
Jay Walken

When you say superheroes, do you mean like the whole literal "normal by day, superwoman by night", the costumes, the alternate identity sort of thing, or something less literal than that?

4/7/2009 #13
Knightmare Elite

No, I meant MY story was about a superhero. I was talking about a general connecting theme for all the stories, like loss, love or something. You can do the story on whatever you want.

4/7/2009 #14
sneekie

I would definitely be interested in this. Would we be collaborating stories or is it individual works

4/9/2009 #15
Jay Walken

Oh! 'Scuse my sheepish moment. I get you now.

4/9/2009 #16
Rae D. Magdon

Guys, I think the 'hero' theme is perfect! You can either use a superhero, or a less "literal" hero, or a villain! Or even write about two friends that have a shared interest in comic books and this somehow leads to a romance. What do you all think about the hero theme? And how would you all feel about April 15th as a starting date? And we could have one month to write it. Of course, if we want to start earlier, there's no reason we can't.

4/9/2009 #17
Knightmare Elite

Rogue, this real issue isn't a starting date, or even an agreeable theme, it's actually getting any that agrees to do this to commit. Just from a quick browse of profiles, it's obvious that many people take up 'epic' stories and or projects only to give up a week later. I just want to be sure that anyone that wants to do this plans to actually do it and not quit in the middle.

As for the theme, if everyone agrees on 'hero' then I'm okay with that. But, rather than repeating myself I'll reedit the first post and put in all the rules so far. My story is more inspired by the movie 'Hancock' where my character is all powerful in a semi normal world. I have yet create a villain or the love interest, part of that is because I don't want a cliche plot, which can be difficult in these types of stories, though I'll think of something.

4/9/2009 #18
sneekie

Although no theme has agreed on, I do not have the imagination for superhero theme. If I did, it would be on the heroes series theme but I don't have the patience for it unfortunately. I am interested, and have stories floating in my head just getting them out. Whether they will suite your site KE would be your judgement. I always finish a story before posting it, just add up chpters every few days to keep keen.

4/9/2009 #19
Adrian StClaire

Not to be rude, but I don't understand you. Fiction is all about imagination, and being a writer is about harnessing that imagination in order to create something that takes your readers to another place. When you give up before even starting and your excuse is "I don't have the imagination," that scares me. And being a GOOD writer involves a great bit of patience, knowing that the first draft isn't always the best. So I'm even more wary when you say you don't have the patience to, correct me if I'm wrong, copy a plot from a TV show? That makes me not want to read anything you write.

Second, even though the theme isn't deciced on, why should we all be limited because YOU don't have the imagination or the patience for a hero story?

4/12/2009 . Edited 4/12/2009 #20
sneekie

I never asked YOU to be limited, I was only expressing my opinion on this since everyone was discussing themes. I have imagination, it just doesn't centre around super heroes, that is my perogative. I will always write to my strengths. If you have read any of my stories Adrian StClaire you would know they are original, only one was influence from a TV program. I appreciate your opinion as writer and I will get around to reading yours. cheers

4/13/2009 #21
Knightmare Elite

My superhero story is finally taking shape. A scene popped into my head, and I now have something to work with. A few specifics are that she has green hair, pink eyes and is slightly chubby. I've yet to read about a chubby lesbian superhero, I'm sure there's one floating around someplace.

Anyway, that's what I have so far, and the story continues to take shape as we get closer to the deadline.

4/15/2009 #22
Adrian StClaire

Okay so I'm thinking I'll go along with you, knightmare, even though I know it wasn't really your intention, and do a story around superheroes.

But I'm taking a more "traditional" approach, with the sexy slender brunette in black, a heroine {or perhaps a villianess, or even better, a heroine with unclear morals}with multiple powers, one being invisiblity [cliche, but potentially sensual], who falls, uncharacteristically, for the self-absorbed introverted caught-in-a-bad-situation college student. Of course, it will be great, cause who doesn't love a sexy heroine?

Anyways, lets get this show on the road?

4/19/2009 . Edited 4/19/2009 #23
Adrian StClaire

Oh and to sneekie, I'm totally repentant, I think PMS caught me when I read your post. Thank you for the reviews, they were great, although I'm floored how you read ALL my stories in the same hour or two? And of course I'll read your stories in return, I love new reading material.

4/19/2009 #24
Jay Walken

I've been bouncing a few ideas around in my head, but I really have no clue. Could I ask for some help?

4/19/2009 #25
Knightmare Elite

I can understand where a chubby superhero wouldn't be a popular idea. I guess I have a thing for the unconventional. One thing that I'm going to stress (to the best of my ability) is logic.

For instance, they're going to create a special suit for her to wear because she usually ends up half or fully naked after a day of heroics. Her suit will likely involve nanotechnology. I've always wondered how Superman's suit is just as strong as him! Of course, she'll ask why they can't just have a human wear the suit to give her some help. They'll explain that while the suit can withstand virtually any kind of impact, a human body inside would crushed under the sheer force of such an impact.

Another thing I want to address is that being she's an alien, she isn't 'magically' fluent in English the moment she reaches earth.

Also, I want to touch on the adverse effects of her superpowers. Things like back draft and sonic booms when she uses her super speed. Or odd mishaps due to her super strength. Imagine throwing a Frisbee?

As you can see I have too much free time, not to mention I'm a very nerdy person.

4/19/2009 #26
Knightmare Elite

Well, I waited patiently yesterday for people to submit their story ideas so we could get started on this thing. But from the looks of it, no one's interested. I tried. :(

4/25/2009 #27
Rae D. Magdon

I am doing a story called "Best Enemies" about a newbie superhero falling in love with a badass villain. o-o

4/25/2009 #28
Adrian StClaire

im interested, i totlly posted a few days ago.

why no go?

4/26/2009 #29
Knightmare Elite

You have to post your story title and say you're doing it so I can add you to the list if you're interested.

4/26/2009 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Knightmare Elite
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member