The Madhouse
Your sanity is an illusion. We control the horizontal. The vertical. Don't try to adjust your mindset.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Rogue Energizer Bunny

Welcome to the forum news board. Here we will announce important happenings and other exciting things.

Anything not posted here is obviously confidential, so SHUSH.

12/18/2012 #1
Rogue Energizer Bunny

ANNOUNCEMENT: DECEMBER 18TH, 2012

Hear thee, hear thee. We are officially a forum.

12/18/2012 #2
Annything

ANNOUNCEMENT: DECEMBER 19TH, 2012

Due to the forum being created yesterday, WE NEED SOME MEMBERS! To be a member, it's super simple. Post in intro, hang around for a while, and link to this forum in your profile. Not sure how to link? Copy/paste this one into your profile! :D (Along with a short description of this forum, if you want)

Madhouse Forum

This forum will be so much more fun with more members. Thanks for your help/cooperation.

12/19/2012 #3
Annything

ANNOUNCEMENT: DECEMBER 20TH, 2012

With the end of the world tomorrow, we have decided to jump ship.

Just kidding.

New rules have been established and everyone should read them before posting. More threads and rules are being discussed. Don't forget to suggest us to all of your friends. And, if you have any suggestions for RP scenarios and/or new threads, go down to the suggestions thread and send us a shout out.

Keep on RPing and being smart everyone! :D

12/20/2012 . Edited by Rogue Energizer Bunny, 12/20/2012 #4
Complex Variable

7:04 PM, Dec. 24, 2012

—Added new rules to The Rules thread (in doing so, I had to lock/un-lock it. From now on, "Adding new rules" or "Edited rules" automatically implies that I have un-locked, and then re-locked the The Rules thread.

—Deleted superflous post in The Rules thread as part of my making it look neater.

12/24/2012 #5
SolarisOne8

10 April 2013 - A:

Locked the Literature/Writing thread until I'm approached with a desire for participation (preferably through the Suggestions thread or by PM). I don't want that thread to devolve into a place to make drive-by Off Topic posts. Also, deleted the two Off Topic posts already there, one of which was mine.

4/9/2013 . Edited 4/9/2013 #6
SolarisOne8

15 April 2013 - A:

Unlocked the Literature/Writing thread at the incessant requests of Moderator Annything.

4/15/2013 #7
SolarisOne8

15 April 2013 - B:

Our thoughts are with the citizens of Boston, Massachusetts in the wake of the bombing which took place today:

349725/apparent-explosions-rocks-boston-marathon-f inish-line

4/15/2013 #8
SolarisOne8

18 May 2013

Yesterday, we made it to the FIRST PAGE on the list of General Forums. Pretty good for a forum consisting of mostly outcasts from certain bigger forums, huh?

Appropriate Song of Celebration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpL2sWLwEtU (NSFW Notice: Language)

\m/

5/18/2013 . Edited 5/18/2013 #9
Annything

29th June 2013

New topic: RP High. Come share the under aged love and experiment with your writing style and character personalities. In need of teachers.

6/29/2013 #10
Annything

5th July 2013

Rule two of the General RP Rules on the Rules page has been changed to allow all tenses, POVs, and styles. Finding your writing style and trying new styles is now encouraged. Please look at the rules for more information.

7/5/2013 #11
SolarisOne8

08 June 2013

People need to read the first post in a thread before they post in it. There's a debate/structured discussion thread already. Since no one ever posts in it, it will be very easy to start a topic there. Just write NEW TOPIC as a heading and go from there.

The literature/writing thread is only to be used to talk about specific pieces of outside literature or your own writing. The key word here is specific. If the discussion looks generic, it will be deleted, especially if you don't mention it's for a story.

/CC'd to the PMW thread

7/8/2013 #12
Annything

8th of July 2013

Writing Nerd Herd thread has been established and there will be Campfire Song Song's. Oh, and writing if you're into that thing. The writers on this website are such a limited few...

Wait, what?

7/8/2013 #13
Complex Variable

July 8, 2013:

Rules thread was modified to include new clauses concerning procedures relating to making changes to the forum.

7/8/2013 #14
Complex Variable

July 8, 2013:

Rules thread name was changed.

A new thread ("How Things Work") was created in order to give new users a simpler, less scary explanation of how the forum works.

7/8/2013 #15
TheOneAndOnlyBangBang

August 30, 2013

Upon this glorious day, the When Worlds Collide RP officially began.

8/30/2013 #16
TheOneAndOnlyBangBang

August 31, 2013

Updated When Worlds Collide to include a new Faction and corresponding NPC. Also added NPC in relation to University College. List of important people/factions has been re-organised and renamed as: Detailed list of important people/factions/places.

8/31/2013 #17
TheOneAndOnlyBangBang

October 9, 2013

Pretty Much Whatever reached a limit of 40,000 posts. The Promenade was born. Woo.

10/9/2013 #18
Annything

October 15th, 2013

We've been told of the birthday of Ann and, until I get a Hello Kitty vibrator, I am naming all of September as The Remember Ann's Vibrator Month. I'm not sure if I will this month but, because we were told this now, that's my decision. During this month just be aware of it and keep me in your thoughts, even if you haven't met me. If you're religious it'd be nice if you could pray for me.

More information was found after this and I found she didn't get a vibrator in September. Please keep me in your thoughts even though September will still be The Remember Ann's Vibrator Month.

R.I.P.

10/15/2013 . Edited 9/30/2014 #19
Annything

December 11th, 2013

A heads up in case you haven't been reminded constantly: The Madhouse anniversary is in approximately one week. (December 18th) We plan on celebrating like a writing website should. BY MAKING A STORY, DUH. The thread should be created soon. I'll create it annyway if CV doesn't hurry his ass up.

The rules: The thread will only be unlocked on the 18th so that's when you have to post! All who don't post are heathens and should be burned at the stake. The stories can be as creative as you want. Funny or heartwarming, you decide! You can publish your story to FP but you cannot link to it in the post you make. You need to copy/paste it there.

Also, I've already created some Madhouse stories before all of this so you can look at my profile for The Madhouse Network. Of course I wouldn't use those again though.

Remember to be creative bastards and remember that this forum started out as a place where Seven and CV could RP and has been made into THIS KINGDOM! The originals need to specifically remember this shit, yo.

12/11/2013 #20
Annything

December 16th, 2013

The Anniversary thread has been created! You have until Wednesday to get your stories ready and party like it's 2012!

12/16/2013 #21
Annything

December 21st, 2013

The lovely Oba has been banned for 7 days starting now. We will miss her contributions to the forum even though it was getting on our nerves.

She is expected to come back on the 28th.

12/20/2013 . Edited 12/23/2013 #22
Annything

December 21st, 2013

The lovely Oba's other account has also been banned for a week.

She is expected to come back on the 28th.

12/20/2013 . Edited 12/23/2013 #23
Annything

December 24th, 2013

The Rules have been updated due to the recent update of FictionPress allowing links/text to not have spaces in them causing for a lot of pages to break. Don't do it.

There is also a no double account rule where you can't use another account when you are banned. Don't do this because that account will be permanently banned as well as your main if you do it again.

12/23/2013 #24
TheOneAndOnlyBangBang

January 1st, 2014

Welcome to a brand new year everyone, let's hope it brings something good!

Happy new year ye salty dogs!

1/1/2014 #25
Annything

January 7th, 2014

In accordance with Rule Two ( RULE TWO: This Forum has a Nearly-Zero-Tolerance Policy for name-calling, harassment, or any rudeness of that sort. You will be given ONE warning. The "reset time" on this is one week, so, if you step out of line within a week of having already stepped out of line, you will be banned from the Madhouse for a week. A list of banned and warned users will be maintained on the Bulletin Board.) I'm officially warning Oba over her rude comments to other users.

This will be reset on January 14th.

1/7/2014 . Edited 1/22/2014 #26
Annything

January 8th, 2014

With Oba not taking my warning seriously and breaking the rules again she's been banned for a week.

She'll be back on January 15th.

1/8/2014 . Edited 1/22/2014 #27
Annything

January 22th, 2014

We have surpassed The Globe and The Madhouse is the proud owner of Number 3 and we cheer for the fact that we're in the top 3.

This year's favorite number is now officially 3.

1/22/2014 #28
Annything

April 18th, 2014

The Madhouse has received our first spam message. About cars or something. In our Suggested Reading section. The account is from China so do you think he randomly chose that or do you think he is suggesting you to go read his car thing?

Post #7 is momentous indeed.

4/18/2014 #29
TheOneAndOnlyBangBang

April 20th, 2014

Today is Easter! Yay. Something about Jesus.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! AND MAY THE EGGS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR!

4/20/2014 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Complex Variable TheOneAndOnlyBangBang, inwardtransience, Annything
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member