Kids Writers on FictionPress
Discussion on writing for children.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Dragonclaws
I'm working on a time travel story (series?) aimed at kids. What are eras of interest? Is depicting slavery too much, too disturbing? Advice would be appreciated.
12/11/2007 #1
SympleSymon
Slavery in which eras? Are we talking about black history slavery, or like Ancient Rome slaves?

As for interesting periods...I always like Ancient Egypt myself, or the Romans...the Black Death would be a perilous time for your heroes to face, too.

Good luck with the story! I had an idea for a story series involving time control and travel myself...PM me sometime, maybe we can compare, brainstorm and help eachother out!

SympleSymon (Dave)

1/16/2008 #2
RoseFairyLady

Slavery isn't too disturbing just don't like show a guy hitting his slaves with a whip and talking about how they scream and bleed and everything. That would be too disturbing.

5/5/2012 #3
Cool Monsters

Writer Dean R. Koontz has warned beginning writers to be very careful about time travel stories to avoid confusing paradoxes and has suggested anyone interested in the sub-genre read the works of Robert Silverberg first.

12/22/2012 #4
Forum Moderators: Will Sachiksy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member