Kids Writers on FictionPress
Discussion on writing for children.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Slave to Creativity

Well, I'm a kid who writes for other kids, at eleven. And I say there shouldn't be any specific kid genres.

On the subject of horror, I wrote ultra-graphic-horror-violence demons/death games that ended with everyone dying at ages 8 and 9 and slapped a "SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE" label on there. It had seven chapters. Full of blood and guts. So I don't understand why other 8 and 9 year olds wouldn't have liked it.

Next, at nine, I wrote TRUE STORIES that had happened to me in school life. Including being bullied. It still happens!

Next, there's romance. I started writing at ten.

Comedy, action, whatever the genre, it's OK for a kid.

6/10/2010 #1
RoseFairyLady

Fantasies are always good and they don't have to be simple fantasies. Kids would read lord of the rings if it wasn't so long and didn't have boring places in it.

5/5/2012 #2
Cool Monsters

Not everyone is the same. I also wrote horror when I was around 8 or 9. No blood or guts but my characters sometimes either died at the end or ended up being turned into monsters. But such stories wouldn't be appropriate for every 8 or 9 year old.

12/22/2012 #3
Forum Moderators: Will Sachiksy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member