Kids Writers on FictionPress
Discussion on writing for children.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Fallen Renegade Angel

Hey, guys... currently at the moment I'm writing a story that's been stuck in my head at the moment, but I'm not sure whether to post it in the Kids' section because of its content that I have written thus far. So, with that in mind, here goes nothing...

So, I have a teenager who happens to be the only "Legendary" Grim Reaper in the human world, her ability to fight demons and so on without trouble... however, she hates pests and animals with a burning passion and, in an ironic twist of fate, she transformed herself into a mouse whilst helping a friend investigate a rumor about her friend by going into the laboratory and got trapped in the machine that transformed her into a mouse. So, this Grim Reaper gets to see what it's like to be in the animals' shoes (rather, paws!) and develops an affection for animals after meeting a small child mouse (who's trying to make it in the City) and happens to be the first mouse who found this Grim Reaper and decides to help her out. Eventually, this teenage Grim Reaper slowly grows up to become mature and fleshes out her compassion and begins what real friendships are about, allowing her to switch between the human world and the animal world.

So, with that... with the Grim Reaper and stuff... is that okay? I'm not sure, but yeah... It has "zombified" robot mice, which are basically robot mice made with metal and has a mind of their own and act like zombies and fighting them and things like that. And yeah... also has a dead mouse in the beginning as well... o.o Not sure, though.

Fallen Renegade Angel.

9/10/2011 #1
Dan Gregory
WRITE IT. Write it down, I say. Stories are fiction. They are mediums for us to immerse ourselves into when we feel like getting away from the pains of reality. Written beautifully, and the stories can be a wonderful piece of work that can evoke the most powerful emotions. Okay, putting aside the flowery language, I highly support you to write down your story. It's your idea, it's what you want to write, so why stop yourself? Don't ask the opinion of others when you want to write something - the first step in writing is to write what YOU like and enjoy yourself in doing so! Once you're done and you feel confident enough to let the public read your works, show it to the world! Take criticisms a and advices from others humbly. And I say, once again, enjoy yourself what you write, and don't stop writing! Yeah, so bottom line is, write that story down. BCUZ I ISH SAY SO.
11/10/2011 #2
Kay Iscah

This is an old topic, but I thought I'd reply in case someone else has a similar problem. In this case, I would write out a few chapters before posting, and see how graphic you need to be to tell the story. Age appropriateness has a lot to do with the details of the story and the manner in which it's told.

Given that your protagonist is a Teen and you're dealing with zombies and demons, my first instinct would be to err toward Young Adult. But it really depends upon the details of the story. Is she fighting demons in a blood soaked / violent way or does she shoot beams of light at them? Are your robot zombie mice going to be frightening, aggressively nibbling on flesh ala Resident Evil, or are the used in a more humorous, slow moving robotic annoyances?

9/14/2012 #3
BlackVeilPanicOnTheDanceFloor

Well, it seems like it may work in the YA category. I like the idea, it seems like something I'd read. But, what with the Grim Reaper, it may be a bit graphic for younger kids. Especially the zombie mice.

11/23/2012 #4
Forum Moderators: Will Sachiksy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member