Hello? Anyone out there?
Is your hit count for your story only at one? Do you find it hard to resist the urge to view it on another computer so that it can go up to two? Or are you looking for a beta reader that will like your story? Then get the word out that you are here!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Counting Stars After All

Hello all,

Call me Star. I've been writing for about two or three years now. I'm still in high school, but I hope to make something out of my projects and such.

Currently, I am vying for someone to come along, someone other than a friend I've known my whole life, and read and review--and most importantly for me, critique--the project I am currently working on. It's all based on music, musicians, fame, models, memory, and a whole lot of... well, stuff. Just like any aspiring novel. The idea behind it is this: When we see a story on trashy celebrity news television programs, such as someone who was arrested, someone died, a band breaking up, an actor or actresses' family tragedy publicized, we the viewers see it as the best entertainment and a juicy gossip filled story. The people and paparazzi that bring said stories to us see money. But what about the people on the other side of the camera lens? Behind the celebrity facade, what is happening to the human being inside, and how are they as people effected? Well, this is what I hope to discover in what I am writing. It's called 'This Ugly Yet Beautiful World', and the link is here: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2833787/1/This_Ugly_Yet_Beautiful_World

If you are intrigued by these thoughts, please go ahead and read. Only the prologue and the first two-thirds of the first chapter are up currently, because I hand write my first drafts. (Yes, I am COMPLETELY old school.) This is something I've put a lot of thought and heart into. It also pulls at a lot of my life and the people around me. It is not about me in any way, shape, or form; however it does use things that I am familiar with from my (few) life experiences.

So if you wish to help me in my endeavor to become a better writer, then I will assist you in any way I can. I'm open to all stories, and I do hope to gain some good new, outside insight on where I stand as an author.

Thank you!

-Star

9/9/2010 #1
CoriOreo

Well hey. I'm endeared by your honest request for critical feedback, so I left a review as was asked. :) I notice the story has been revised and reposted with fewer chapters since this post was put up, which is too bad, because I'd have liked to be able to work more with what you've got. Ah, well... Good job anyway.

Primarily, I'd like to say I very much liked your post here; your request for critique is refreshing and honest. I love reviewing for the people who are looking for anything more in-depth than "LOL good story buddeh". If only there were more writers like you around here... sigh.

1/2/2011 #2
Counting Stars After All

At last! Someone to read it! XD

I read your review, thanks for the crit (: It's nice for me to have someone else out there to give an opinion on it, seeing as the only people who ask to read what I write are my friends and they think its amazing that I'm even writing... *sigh* all I ever wanted was good constructive criticism.. thanks to you, however, I got some (=

I've got a few more chapters to post, right now actually I'm just going through some last edits (grammatical and structural mostly, haha) and then more will be up. It's a second overal draft of the story at this point because a few major pieces of the structure of it all have changed, in a good way. I still have my first drafts, obviously, so I can always go back to see what I had and see how it's developed haha.

Thanks again! :)

1/7/2011 #3
Forum Moderators: Hippofishy
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member