Vampire Love Stories
Are you a fan of vamp romance stories? Read any good ones lately? Come in and share those stories for fellow vamp fans to enj0y!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
JeanneLaska

Hi there vampire-lovers!

Over a year ago I decided to make a go at writing a vampire story (first 3 chapters up on my account, look for the last story, in English). Vampires were getting real big, what with Twilight and all, but I had never read any vampire novel or watched any vampire TV show at the time. So you could say my portrayal of vampires is entirely original.

Since then, I've read Twilight and one Black Dagger Brotherhood novel (by J. R. Ward); I've watched True Blood and a couple episodes of Vampire Diaries. I was gladly surprised to find out that some of my ideas about vampires had been done before (feels like I'm in the right direction)...

It seems that there are two major tendencies in vampire stories: focus on vampire-human relations, or focus only on the vampire world. Which one do you belong to? Which one do you like best, and why?

You could say that putting humans and vampires together, especially with romantic feelings involved, holds a lot of potential for complications/drama. But... maybe too much? As I was creating my own vampire world, I realized that I could NOT make my vampires fall in love with humans, or at least not draw a happily-ever-after from any such love (my imagination just couldn't stretch to that point). So I went down the all-vampire path...

2/6/2011 #1
i luv cartoons6

It makes sense. While drama and suspense and stuff are great, it's not good when that's all a story has. There have to be different elements. See, I'm trying something that I think would be a real change for vampire literature. While, yes, there is plenty of human-vampire contact, there isn't all this human vampire romance. Nor is it completely vampire oriented. Instead, vampire and human meeting often include some drama, and much conflict. In the story I'm working on, humans have an extreme dislike of all supernatural creatures, save angels. They steer clear of vampires, werewolves, and all creatures like them. It has alot of conflict, alot of drama, alot of suspense, and definatly romance. It's still a work in progress, for sure. Anyway, while centering on the vampire world is a fun thing to do, it's also fun to experiment with human-vampire encounters.

4/27/2012 #2
Forum Moderators: sunkissed18angel
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member