Review my poetry and I'll review yours
Just as the title says.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
MansfieldJenn

We can take control! This world will always be what it has always been, A string of choices in situations we do not request. ‘Why bother?’ You are unconscious, wake up! The beauty can be subtle, like a hidden pearl Underneath miles of salty waters, Or as palpable as the rose outside your window, Delicately in bloom on a stem of thorns and leaves. But it is there. When you soak up the sun, Even when it’s behind the clouds Or notice an aunt, carrying twice its weight, Though all of it goes unnoticed, That chip will slowly disintegrate. Do not fall a slave to cynicism! Your mind holds the key to the Door labeled ‘Your Wildest Dreams!’ So take your cup, and fill it up, And join me in the dance of never giving up.

Daydreams

Everyday I replay made up scenarios In this wishful head of mine. Some consist of him noticing me cry, A gentle strangers concern that consoles Me deeper than anyone’s has before. Another, he musters every ounce of courage To approach me, and stuttering asks me to dance. And as we sway to jukebox music, he whispers in my ear “I would empty my soul of the dreams that have gathered in me, I would beat with your heart as it beats, I would follow your soul as it leads.” Instead of another end of a monotonous day at work, There is a note waiting for me, stuck between the windshield and the wiper, Asking me to meet him for coffee and a smoke. Post Script on the back, Expressing I look prettiest without makeup. I must confess my thoughts of you are relentless, The stranger that takes me away, the stranger that Saves me from the ideal way people must meet. I need you, this life is lacking your originality, I need someone to notice me like you do.

2/15/2010 #1
Forum Moderators: Joshua P. LaFleur
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member